Author Topic: Covid keepers  (Read 5108 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Covid keepers
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 12:26:49 PM »
Not that I hate Lynch coming back, but word is we have a huge stud kicker coming in next year.  Seems like a pretty easy position to step right into provided you don't crap yourself.

True freshman kicker? Hardest of passes. That position might be the biggest jump from high school to college. The best QB recruits get to play against stud defenders and routinely get challenged, is the challenge greater in college, of course. High school kicking is completely different than college kicking. High school kids kick field goals off a tee, high school goal posts are 5 feet narrower, and most kids trying to block kicks in high school are 5'8" linebackers who don't normally see the field. Kickers absolutely need a year of practice before setting real action.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »
Not that I hate Lynch coming back, but word is we have a huge stud kicker coming in next year.  Seems like a pretty easy position to step right into provided you don't crap yourself.

True freshman kicker? Hardest of passes. That position might be the biggest jump from high school to college. The best QB recruits get to play against stud defenders and routinely get challenged, is the challenge greater in college, of course. High school kicking is completely different than college kicking. High school kids kick field goals off a tee, high school goal posts are 5 feet narrower, and most kids trying to block kicks in high school are 5'8" linebackers who don't normally see the field. Kickers absolutely need a year of practice before setting real action.

I see you're familiar with my playing career
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 12:36:50 PM »
It's important to remember that P5 college football is an intense job with extremely weak benefits and not just something kids do for fun with their pals. I think KK knows this?

I meant more the other sports.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2020, 01:52:06 PM »
It's important to remember that P5 college football is an intense job with extremely weak benefits and not just something kids do for fun with their pals. I think KK knows this?

Hey starting football player for the Kansas State wildcats. Do you want to stay in Manhattan for another year making out with hot chicks and being treated like a god or do you want to go back to your hometown and sell insurance?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 03:47:59 AM »

I see you're familiar with my playing career

:lynchmob:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 08:28:01 PM »
I thought saban had covid?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 08:30:55 PM »

false positive
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 08:34:20 PM by bucket »

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 09:50:10 PM »

false positive
Tested 3 times, first was a false positive the other two were negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 10:10:55 PM »

false positive

According to Saban himself on gameday he didn't have a false positive, it was an actual positive but he's had three negative tests; Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, since testing positive.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 10:18:41 PM »
The first test was wrong.  No way you're positive and then negative the next day.  I didn't see anything about him feeling ill.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 11:26:14 PM »
The details of how he was tested is pretty interesting. It's also pretty clear they don't go to these lengths with players.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30132336/alabama-football-coach-nick-saban-cleared-return-immediately-third-negative-covid-19-test

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2020, 10:50:17 AM »

false positive

According to Saban himself on gameday he didn't have a false positive, it was an actual positive but he's had three negative tests; Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, since testing positive.
False positives are pretty rare but I don't know how he would know either way. I can't imagine most people get tested daily immediately after a positive so not sure how long people will test positive for.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 04:57:01 PM »

false positive

False positives are pretty rare but I don't know how he would know either way. I can't imagine most people get tested daily immediately after a positive so not sure how long people will test positive for.

I thought if you test positive you go into quarantine for 14 days.  So how does that fit in?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 04:59:30 PM »

false positive

I thought if you test positive you go into quarantine for 14 days.  So how does that fit in?
Obviously that can change with multiple negative tests

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 05:11:11 PM »

Hey starting football player for the Kansas State wildcats. Do you want to stay in Manhattan for another year making out with hot chicks and being treated like a god or do you want to go back to your hometown and sell insurance?
Second this motion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 08:01:46 PM »

Second this motion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You definitely have a misunderstanding of how college is for a lot of these guys. Playing football is really hard. The dudes I knew when I was in college would give anything to sleep in and occasionally skip class to play playstation.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2020, 12:17:53 PM »
looks like we'll be missing some more players against KU. can't seem to keep covid out of the program

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 12:32:38 PM »
pretty surprised college kids got covid during a bye week with extra time off

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2020, 12:35:37 PM »

it is a unique KSU problem

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2020, 01:51:20 PM »
maybe the B10 was the smartest by not including any bye weeks. the players get no time off until the season is over

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2020, 02:05:50 PM »
Word on the street is Youngblood infected himself and then breathed on everyone in their sleep
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2020, 07:00:29 PM »
Was that before or after he raped four/five girls.  and can I get a witness.  :lol: