Author Topic: the post-trump gop  (Read 52567 times)

MeatSauce and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: the post-trump gop
« Reply #750 on: November 16, 2021, 10:00:13 AM »
I mean they aren't wrong.  She's not a Wyoming republican anymore. Probably not a republican on the national scale either.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 16, 2021, 01:00:37 PM »
Liz is definitely in lockstep with #blueanon, which is why the Cheney NeoCon wing is welcomed with open arms by #blueanon nation. 

While you have the deflectoshields on full, Lick.   Let's once again recognize the fact that Liz worked tirelessly to stop Trump from withdrawing troops from Afghanistan, and pulling a small handful of troops out of Germany (while moving some closer to Russia).    You know, the Germans/NATO/EU who no longer trust your guy Joe and want to create their own EU rapid response force to handle situations when your guy Joe leaves them hanging.

None of that has anything to do with the wyoming gop decision.  Speaking of deflecting…

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 19, 2021, 12:23:37 PM »
The fact that conservatives ratioed this tweet is just a sign of how crazy these people have become. Conservatism in America has morphed into full blown parody.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1461676902175944707

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 19, 2021, 01:10:48 PM »
The fact that conservatives ratioed this tweet is just a sign of how crazy these people have become. Conservatism in America has morphed into full blown parody.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1461676902175944707

Been that what for a while, but it is crazy just how far down a road you can go when "owning the libs" is your only desire.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 19, 2021, 09:08:38 PM »
haven't read the article but just from the blurb, the author is the one that's insane, and i'd assume the whoever is ratioing her is pointing out that out.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 19, 2021, 10:58:37 PM »
haven't read the article but just from the blurb, the author is the one that's insane, and i'd assume the whoever is ratioing her is pointing out that out.

I'd be willing to bet all of those nut jobs didn't read the article either, so you have that in your favor when trying to make the claim that the author is insane. Well done as always, sys.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 20, 2021, 08:39:54 AM »

I read the article.  She's insane.

At one point, she states that in 36 states (+DC), you have to have a master's degree to teach.  This is completely false.  The site she links to has to do with having a Speech-Language Pathology degree and what you need to be able to work in schools.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 21, 2021, 02:34:25 AM »

At one point, she states that in 36 states (+DC), you have to have a master's degree to teach.  This is completely false.  The site she links to has to do with having a Speech-Language Pathology degree and what you need to be able to work in schools.

That isn't what she's saying, the fact that her point went right the eff over your head kinda proves the point that in most cases if regular people want to influence what's taught in schools, you should take your rough ridin' brats home and do it yourself.

She's saying that in 36 states to teach speech pathology in school, you have to have an advanced degree. Which speaks to the larger point that you could have a case where a high school dropout is making educational demands of someone with a master's degree if in this case the teacher is a speech pathologist. In most states even elementary educators have continuing ed demands throughout the time they are teaching.

I noticed you cherry picked a point you were too dumb to understand, but while calling her insane you didn't actually address the larger point.

I just read this article, and it's the perfect illustration as to why regular ass people, especially conservatives, need to get their rough ridin' noses out of education. A public school classroom should be off limits to your fear mongering culture war, but you bigots just can't help yourselves.

Look at this headline
Iowa senator calls for felony penalty for distribution of 'obscene' materials in schools
The article is worse. The books that they consider obscene are shocking.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/education/2021/11/20/book-ban-debate-iowa-senator-calls-for-felony-penalty-obscene-materials-schools/8667630002/

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 21, 2021, 12:43:11 PM »
I do not feel very rosy about the future of this country. How does a country end a culture war?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 21, 2021, 01:07:15 PM »
I do not feel very rosy about the future of this country. How does a country end a culture war?
Historically I think they gang up on a mutual enemy and come together over the war crime’ing.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 21, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »

Amicable divorce.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 21, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »

That isn't what she's saying, the fact that her point went right the eff over your head kinda proves the point that in most cases if regular people want to influence what's taught in schools, you should take your rough ridin' brats home and do it yourself.

She's saying that in 36 states to teach speech pathology in school, you have to have an advanced degree. Which speaks to the larger point that you could have a case where a high school dropout is making educational demands of someone with a master's degree if in this case the teacher is a speech pathologist. In most states even elementary educators have continuing ed demands throughout the time they are teaching.

I noticed you cherry picked a point you were too dumb to understand, but while calling her insane you didn't actually address the larger point.

I just read this article, and it's the perfect illustration as to why regular ass people, especially conservatives, need to get their rough ridin' noses out of education. A public school classroom should be off limits to your fear mongering culture war, but you bigots just can't help yourselves.

Look at this headline
Iowa senator calls for felony penalty for distribution of 'obscene' materials in schools
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/education/2021/11/20/book-ban-debate-iowa-senator-calls-for-felony-penalty-obscene-materials-schools/8667630002/

Please point me to where she talks about speech pathology anywhere in her article.

Part of the reason for this prolonged instruction is to hone the expertise required to be an effective teacher. This involves becoming fluent not only in the content and issues informing a given subject, but also in how to teach. Anyone can walk into a classroom with an understanding of (or at least an opinion about) the content. But not everyone can succeed in teaching it. That skill is precisely what higher education, intense mentorship and stressful licensing requirements are designed to build and assess.

Which is why the ceaseless effort of parents and politicians to shape curricula by targeting book selection, the type of history taught in classrooms and even specific terms used in classrooms should be ignored. These distractions are nothing more than theater, and school boards and administrators should be protecting their teachers — and students — from it rather than bowing to it.

Currently, 36 states (plus Washington, D.C.) require that teachers have master’s degrees to teach, and states typically require administrators and supervisors to have earned advanced degrees in addition to at least one license in administration. As a professor of teacher education and someone who works with teachers in classrooms, I can say with authority that our nation’s children are in good, educated and capable hands — no matter what some parents and politicians appear determined to believe.

Of course, as with any profession, there are sometimes incompetent practitioners or bad actors. I’ll never forget the teacher who dreamed up the mock slave auction in a horrifically misguided attempt to teach about slavery or the teacher who asked students to list the positives of slavery. More recently, a school in Texas made headlines when one of its school board members insisted that educators teach “both sides” of the Holocaust, as did a school in Florida for shaming a 14-year-old girl for her clothing.

This is the context of her comment.  She is in no way referencing just speech pathology.  If you follow the link, the requirements do not have to do with teaching speech pathology.  It is about speech pathologists working in schools and what the different requirements are to do different things in schools.  I would like to know what K-12 school you think has classes on speech pathology.

If you don't want people to stick their noses in education and stay out of government school classrooms, then don't have them supported by my tax dollars!  As long as my tax dollars go to supporting those schools, I'll stick my nose in the curriculum anytime I want.  That's kind of funny that you told me to homeschool my kids.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 21, 2021, 09:06:57 PM »

Look at this headline

Please point me to where she talks about speech pathology anywhere in her article.

Part of the reason for this prolonged instruction is to hone the expertise required to be an effective teacher. This involves becoming fluent not only in the content and issues informing a given subject, but also in how to teach. Anyone can walk into a classroom with an understanding of (or at least an opinion about) the content. But not everyone can succeed in teaching it. That skill is precisely what higher education, intense mentorship and stressful licensing requirements are designed to build and assess.

Which is why the ceaseless effort of parents and politicians to shape curricula by targeting book selection, the type of history taught in classrooms and even specific terms used in classrooms should be ignored. These distractions are nothing more than theater, and school boards and administrators should be protecting their teachers — and students — from it rather than bowing to it.

Currently, 36 states (plus Washington, D.C.) require that teachers have master’s degrees to teach, and states typically require administrators and supervisors to have earned advanced degrees in addition to at least one license in administration. As a professor of teacher education and someone who works with teachers in classrooms, I can say with authority that our nation’s children are in good, educated and capable hands — no matter what some parents and politicians appear determined to believe.

Of course, as with any profession, there are sometimes incompetent practitioners or bad actors. I’ll never forget the teacher who dreamed up the mock slave auction in a horrifically misguided attempt to teach about slavery or the teacher who asked students to list the positives of slavery. More recently, a school in Texas made headlines when one of its school board members insisted that educators teach “both sides” of the Holocaust, as did a school in Florida for shaming a 14-year-old girl for her clothing.

This is the context of her comment.  She is in no way referencing just speech pathology.  If you follow the link, the requirements do not have to do with teaching speech pathology.  It is about speech pathologists working in schools and what the different requirements are to do different things in schools.  I would like to know what K-12 school you think has classes on speech pathology.

If you don't want people to stick their noses in education and stay out of government school classrooms, then don't have them supported by my tax dollars!  As long as my tax dollars go to supporting those schools, I'll stick my nose in the curriculum anytime I want.  That's kind of funny that you told me to homeschool my kids.

Your tax dollars go to lots of things you have absolutely no say about. In fact you really don't have any say as to how any of your tax dollars are spent. County engineers aren't consulting regulars on how to build bridges. Paramedics aren't consulting whining conservatives on effective first responder methods. You don't get to crash the local national guard post and force them to do what you want them to do. You can't nor wouldn't do these things because you aren't an expert on any of these things, this is the same thing as education. Driving on a highway doesn't make you an expert on traffic patterns and knowing how to multiply 34x84 doesn't make you an expert on curriculum.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 21, 2021, 09:10:18 PM »
The thing is, this debate isn't even over curriculum knowledge, it's about someone who makes me uncomfortable gen xers and boomers wanting us to keep lying to kids about history because they don't want to come to grips with the actual truth. Literally too soft to face the truth of history.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 22, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »
The thing is, this debate isn't even over curriculum knowledge, it's about someone who makes me uncomfortable gen xers and boomers wanting us to keep lying to kids about history because they don't want to come to grips with the actual truth. Literally too soft to face the truth of history.

They don't have the balls to chant F Joe Biden ad have to make up some brandon thing because they are so impotent.  This is not a surprise

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: December 05, 2021, 07:06:30 PM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 07, 2021, 02:03:02 PM »

Amicable divorce.

The GOP has to keep people perpetually outraged because they are in the minority so they need every single vote in every single election to win.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 07, 2021, 03:21:54 PM »

Amicable divorce.

The GOP has to keep people perpetually outraged because they are in the minority so they need every single vote in every single election to win.

It's gotta be exhausting, being perpetually outraged.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 08, 2021, 12:44:38 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 11, 2021, 04:38:46 PM »
I love that he tweets in what I can only assume is the shorthand he uses to take notes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 11, 2021, 10:30:50 PM »
I hate him so much.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 12, 2021, 09:48:08 AM »
I just enjoy his tweets about pidgins

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 13, 2021, 09:27:00 AM »
Ol' Chuck must not be an Oak Island fan

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 13, 2021, 10:18:39 AM »

I think he should pay an extra $34 for the History Channel based on how much he talks about the History Channel.