Author Topic: the post-trump gop  (Read 56157 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: the post-trump gop
« Reply #925 on: August 23, 2022, 09:33:08 PM »
The worst part of this is that MIR will come say something like that, and then back it up with nothing.

There's MIR, and then there's reality:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/liz-cheney-says-she-strongly-opposes-trump-on-syria-afghanistan/

Specifically on Afghanistan, it was a clear opportunity to deny Trump a potential political victory.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 23, 2022, 10:11:26 PM »
What I'm hearing from dax is that voting the way Trump wanted 95% of the time is completely unacceptable to the GOP. It must be 100%. Sounds like we all basically agree here.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 23, 2022, 10:13:51 PM »
The worst part of this is that MIR will come say something like that, and then back it up with nothing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/liz-cheney-says-she-strongly-opposes-trump-on-syria-afghanistan/

Specifically on Afghanistan, it was a clear opportunity to deny Trump a potential political victory.

You both appear/are smarter than me on most subjects. I try not to get involved in conversations or threads that I know little about.  That being said, I appreciate that you back up most of your crap with quantifiable facts/links.  Have I seen MIR do the same?  Sure, on occasion but I don't think "they" want to do the do the diligence to find truth on the subject.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 23, 2022, 10:14:59 PM »
What I'm hearing from dax is that voting the way Trump wanted 95% of the time is completely unacceptable to the GOP. It must be 100%. Sounds like we all basically agree here.

What I constantly see from chum, is the usual level of derp  Rolling back into the mass and voting with the party on things that people don't notice is meaningless in the grand scheme.  Then picking and choosing the moments to grand stand.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 23, 2022, 10:16:02 PM »

your perception versus reality.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: August 23, 2022, 10:16:39 PM »

You both appear/are smarter than me on most subjects. I try not to get involved in conversations or threads that I know little about.  That being said, I appreciate that you back up most of your crap with quantifiable facts/links.  Have I seen MIR do the same?  Sure, on occasion but I don't think "they" want to do the do the diligence to find truth on the subject.

Cheney opposed Biden on withdrawing from Afghanistan, but she mainly waited until after the fact and started calling for hearings and IG investigations.   She lead an orchestrated effort to fight Trump on Afghanistan every step of the way.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 24, 2022, 07:12:41 AM »

The link says nothing about blueanon support for Liz. Get off his dick, purplewood.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 24, 2022, 09:08:28 AM »
Yes bucket you’re so amazingly perceptive.  But if Liz were a man, we could ask that #blueanon get off his dick. 

It’s like a billion parrots out there in #blueanon world right now.  Liz Cheney was so so brave! 

Cue the usual non response from #deflectobucket

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the post-trump gop
« Reply #933 on: August 24, 2022, 09:37:34 AM »
The best part is now some of the go to’s in media are taking their orders from  #blueanon leadership to pass on the orders to   #blueanon rank and file to get off this conservocon dick.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 24, 2022, 10:30:58 AM »
What a bizzaro world where those events are lined up in a tweet praising him.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 24, 2022, 10:33:11 AM »
What a bizzaro world where those events are lined up in a tweet praising him.
Seems like a rap sheet...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 24, 2022, 05:11:22 PM »

dax is nothing if not happy to post statements at odds with reality.  but describing the us withdrawal from afghanistan as a political victory is antifactual to a degree that is notable even for him.

https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-BIDEN/POLL/nmopagnqapa/
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 24, 2022, 05:22:49 PM »

dax is nothing if not happy to post statements at odds with reality.  but describing the us withdrawal from afghanistan as a political victory is antifactual to a degree that is notable even for him.

https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-BIDEN/POLL/nmopagnqapa/

What most American's disapproved of was the methodologies employed to leave Afghanistan, and the outright lies perpetrated by the DOD and the Biden Administration as to the resolve of the Afghan Army.  Truly smart American's also understood that the United States in so many words, crap all over our allies, both the Afghani allies, and our allies from other nations. 

If there's one person who is being counterfactual here, it's the @sys bot.

Sys will now slink back and never engage on this further, having made another extremely low IQ post that the usual band of derps will agree with.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 24, 2022, 05:25:11 PM »
What most American's disapproved of was the methodologies employed to leave Afghanistan.

there's no way to separate the fact of withdrawal and how the withdrawal unfolded.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 24, 2022, 05:28:43 PM »
What most American's disapproved of was the methodologies employed to leave Afghanistan.

there's no way to separate the fact of withdrawal and how the withdrawal unfolded.

That's positively ridiculous and you know it.

While some component may be more difficult to determine than others, there's no murkiness whatsoever in the blatant lies told about the resolve of the Afghan Army as well as the puppet Afghani leadership (with noted exceptions).   There's no gray area what-so-ever in the fact that U.S. crap all over our coalition partners.

Relative to Trump, the political component is 1000% on point.  That's the true question at hand.  Great attempt at deflection, tho.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 24, 2022, 05:31:07 PM »
There's no gray area what-so-ever in the fact that U.S. crap all over our coalition partners.

i didn't claim that the u.s. withddrawal wasn't a craven and dishonorable abandonment of our commitments.  it obviously was.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 24, 2022, 05:34:03 PM »
There's no gray area what-so-ever in the fact that U.S. crap all over our coalition partners.

i didn't claim that the u.s. withddrawal wasn't a craven and dishonorable abandonment of our commitments.  it obviously was.

. . . and my comment is 1000% in sync with Trump being able to achieve a campaign promise.  It had nothing to do with opinion polls or execution of the withdrawal itself.

I'm sure you haven't notice, but politicians declare victory early and often.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 24, 2022, 06:23:22 PM »

You can never agree with dax. It causes his brain to short circuit and fills him with confusion and inexplicably hurt feelings.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the post-trump gop
« Reply #944 on: August 24, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »
LOL, my post about Trump seeking a political victory had nothing to do with Biden opinion polls or withdrawal methodologies.

@Spracne - just cherry picking as always.

Sad
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 10:50:53 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2022, 09:49:49 PM »
The withdrawal was the best thing Biden did and he just gave my family $10,000!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 24, 2022, 10:54:30 PM »

:confused: I'm a bit confused about what "quantifiable facts/links" that I need to provide. Are you confusing me with someone else? I haven't said a thing about Liz Cheney. I couldn't possibly care the tiniest bit less. Do you want me to provide evidence of dax posting word salad and lies, because that's what I commented on? I can do that, if you two really want me to.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 24, 2022, 10:56:35 PM »

:confused: I'm a bit confused about what "quantifiable facts/links" that I need to provide. Are you confusing me with someone else? I haven't said a thing about Liz Cheney. I couldn't possibly care the tiniest bit less. Do you want me to provide evidence of dax posting word salad and lies, because that's what I commented on? I can do that, if you two really want me to.

Translation:  I don't want to deal in reality. I just don't like the way dax posts and I don't like his thoughts or opinions.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So I'll just drive by, make some sort of assertion, and then not back it up with any facts or substantiation relative to the topic at hand.  (MIR)   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 31, 2022, 07:27:56 PM »
one of the main reasons the dem won was that 20+% of voters who voted for the other republican (this is a ranked choice election) didn't rank anyone second.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1565130008187863040

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 31, 2022, 07:33:53 PM »
of those that did choose between palin and the dem.

https://twitter.com/BruneElections/status/1565128986497277954