Author Topic: the post-trump gop  (Read 55784 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: the post-trump gop
« Reply #900 on: August 23, 2022, 08:19:37 AM »
You guys think Liz is USA/Never Trump enough to run, split the conservative vote, and hand the job to a non-trump guy?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 23, 2022, 08:31:39 AM »
You guys think Liz is USA/Never Trump enough to run, split the conservative vote, and hand the job to a non-trump guy?

Maybe, but I think it's more likely she runs in the GOP primary and attempts to take advantage of the crazies being split between Trump and DeSantis.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 23, 2022, 09:29:56 AM »
She's extremely unpopular with conservatives
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 23, 2022, 09:42:39 AM »

With conservatives or Trump supporters?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 23, 2022, 09:45:41 AM »

Both but more maga obviously.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 23, 2022, 09:58:17 AM »

You should probably abandon any hope that these are different things.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 23, 2022, 10:13:41 AM »

What do you dislike about her Purplewood?  She's super conservative.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 23, 2022, 10:37:09 AM »

I’ll stand corrected and eat crow if Trump wins the republican nomination but I don’t think there is 100% overlap
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 23, 2022, 10:51:42 AM »

I’ll stand corrected and eat crow if Trump wins the republican nomination but I don’t think there is 100% overlap

DeSantis isn't really much better.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 23, 2022, 12:31:45 PM »

What do you dislike about her Purplewood?  She's super conservative.

I never said I dislike her?  She actually doesn't bother me all that much truth be told.  I like that she's pro military but never really followed what she did in congress because, why would I?  I can appreciate her disdain for Trump but I think it consumed her. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 23, 2022, 12:32:48 PM »

Clueless as ever I see.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 23, 2022, 12:40:16 PM »
If you judge solely on how people vote, there is almost no difference between MAGA and non-MAGA Republicans.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 23, 2022, 12:56:24 PM »
If you judge solely on how people vote, there is almost no difference between MAGA and non-MAGA Republicans.

So it wasn't partisan before Trump got elected?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 23, 2022, 01:05:21 PM »
Anyone who does not swear fealty to trump is excommunicated from the party. You have to be an absolute moron to think Trump and trumpism are not the mainstream thought leaders (to borrow a phrase from dax) of the conservative movement.

Holding on to that miniscule percentage of non-trump conservatives is folly.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 23, 2022, 01:09:07 PM »

Why should we care that any Republicans say they hate MAGA if they just vote MAGA anyway? What's the point?

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: August 23, 2022, 01:10:27 PM »
Anyone who does not swear fealty to trump is excommunicated from the party. You have to be an absolute moron to think Trump and trumpism are not the mainstream thought leaders (to borrow a phrase from dax) of the conservative movement.

Holding on to that miniscule percentage of non-trump conservatives is folly.

:lol: :lol:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 23, 2022, 01:26:17 PM »
I think Liz's career as a national, elected politician is shot, at least for the foreseeable future. But what she's doing is writing a letter to the future in the hopes that someday, other Republicans will realize there's a way to save the party. Long term, Trumpism will destroy it, otherwise.

In terms of policy, I echo the above sentiments that she's about as hardcore of a conservative as they come. Outside of her willingness to stand up to Trump specifically and only related to his election fuckery (and therefore lose her job), she and I diverge on a lot of issues.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 23, 2022, 01:34:08 PM »
David Farnsworth, made an unusual pitch to voters: the 2020 presidential election had not only been stolen from Trump, he said, it was satanically snatched by the “devil himself”.

Bowers resoundingly killed off that bill by sending it to languish not in just one house committee, but in all 12 of them. “I was trying to send a definitive message: this is hogwash. Taking away the fundamental right to vote, the idea that the legislature could nullify your election, that’s not conservative. That’s fascist. And I’m not a fascist.”

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 23, 2022, 01:59:46 PM »

Why should we care that any Republicans say they hate MAGA if they just vote MAGA anyway? What's the point?

If they vote Maga anyway?  What does that mean exactly?  If they vote for a Maga clone they are Maga?  The answer to that is obvious but there are plenty of conservatives that want to break away from that to Spracs point.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 23, 2022, 02:29:05 PM »

If they vote Maga anyway?  What does that mean exactly?  If they vote for a Maga clone they are Maga?  The answer to that is obvious but there are plenty of conservatives that want to break away from that to Spracs point.

If they don't vote against it (or at least refrain from voting for it), are they really against it?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 23, 2022, 04:00:21 PM »
It's amazing stretch to imply that Liz Cheney was openly embraced by #blueanon political and thought leadership only because of the 2020 election claims.

Anyone who believes that was the only reason she became a #blueanon icon is an absolute derp in every regard.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 23, 2022, 07:35:26 PM »
enlighten us

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 23, 2022, 08:45:00 PM »
One example, she opposed Trump on pulling U.S. troops out of Syria.  As I recall, #blueanongE/#neocongE lost their mind over that as well.  Wanting desperately (like huge derps) to see the U.S. go to war with Turkey (a NATO ally) to stop Turkey's incursion into Syria. 

What has the Biden administration done about Turkey's incursion into Syria? Nothing, absolutely nothing. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 23, 2022, 09:02:50 PM »
enlighten us

You like reading word salads with interspersed lies?