Author Topic: How good is Will Howard???  (Read 113515 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Will Howard???
« Reply #1675 on: January 05, 2024, 09:15:05 AM »
What if we play tOSU in the playoffs next year and activate sleeper agent Will?!?

I believe Will would Sean Snyder Cheyenne Zulu it up if that scenario came to fruition

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 05, 2024, 09:58:34 AM »
Yeah I’m excited to have a reason not to be annoyed whenever a stupid Big 10 game comes on.

And Will is fine. He did the absolute smartest thing he could in the situation he was in. I hope he kicks ass.

I am excited to hear about his NIL.  If he indeed had USC, Miami, and tOSU all on the line, I bet he got something good.
I haven’t heard anything either way, but I doubt NIL was that much of a factor. tOSU clearly gives Will the best shot at increasing his NFL draft stock. Aside from a soft Big 10 schedule and playing at easily the highest profile school of the three, Will said a big part of his decision was the pro-style offense tOSU plays.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 05, 2024, 11:12:52 AM »
Kinda forgot about Ohio State since we played them back in the Fiesta Bowl. Hope Will does well there.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 05, 2024, 11:21:46 AM »
I rough ridin' hate The Ohio State University but I'm willing to set aside my hatred for one season only if it means Will gets to ball out.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 05, 2024, 12:42:41 PM »
I rough ridin' hate The Ohio State University but I'm willing to set aside my hatred for one season only if it means Will gets to ball out.
Agree

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: January 05, 2024, 01:02:09 PM »
The hate on KSO for Howard is troubling.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 05, 2024, 01:12:19 PM »
Well they’re downgrades so….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 05, 2024, 03:08:30 PM »
I think Will is going to kick ass

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 05, 2024, 03:14:47 PM »
They only have 3 games on the schedule that are contested imo. Even go 1-2 against Oregon, PSU, Michigan and they are in the playoff.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 05, 2024, 03:18:03 PM »
Will can thrive and we can thrive, win win.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 05, 2024, 03:43:04 PM »
They only have 3 games on the schedule that are contested imo. Even go 1-2 against Oregon, PSU, Michigan and they are in the playoff.

It would be max fun if they had to play us on our field.  :billdance:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 05, 2024, 03:50:40 PM »
Someone teach me how to build the season long parlay bet that has the cats facing will in next year's pop tarts bowl

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1687 on: January 05, 2024, 05:28:36 PM »
Will is +1500 for Heisman. Avery +5000.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 05, 2024, 05:39:47 PM »
There’s really only two paths to Heisman: either put up near record breaking numbers in a major conference or be the most valuable offensive skill position player on the best team.

Will definitely has a better shot at #2 than Avery has at #1. But if I had to place $100 on either, give me Avery at those odds.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 05, 2024, 09:34:03 PM »
Yeah I’m excited to have a reason not to be annoyed whenever a stupid Big 10 game comes on.

And Will is fine. He did the absolute smartest thing he could in the situation he was in. I hope he kicks ass.

I am excited to hear about his NIL.  If he indeed had USC, Miami, and tOSU all on the line, I bet he got something good.
I haven’t heard anything either way, but I doubt NIL was that much of a factor. tOSU clearly gives Will the best shot at increasing his NFL draft stock. Aside from a soft Big 10 schedule and playing at easily the highest profile school of the three, Will said a big part of his decision was the pro-style offense tOSU plays.

NIL was absolutely a factor, it's why Miami missed on all of their targets. I've been skeptical about reported NIL figures but using quotes from Ryan Day and Matt Rhule about NIL, and the teams that Will chose between, it's fair to say he's getting around $1 million. Also worth pointing out that he did get a Senior Bowl invite, those, especially for QBs, only go to pro prospects and are picked by NFL scouts.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 05, 2024, 09:36:19 PM »
The hate on KSO for Howard is troubling.

A hardo contest. Clutts insisting that Will is fat is absolutely hilarious.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 05, 2024, 10:40:12 PM »
What a rough ridin' bunch of fans our beloved KSU has.  They are telling the OSU fans and YouTubers that they didn't get an elite QB with Will Howard.  They are telling them that he is mem at most and won't be missing him.  :curse: :bang:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 05, 2024, 11:45:14 PM »

NIL was absolutely a factor, it's why Miami missed on all of their targets. I've been skeptical about reported NIL figures but using quotes from Ryan Day and Matt Rhule about NIL, and the teams that Will chose between, it's fair to say he's getting around $1 million. Also worth pointing out that he did get a Senior Bowl invite, those, especially for QBs, only go to pro prospects and are picked by NFL scouts.
If he’s getting $1 million at tOSU, how far off could Miami or USC have missed? $500k? I just find it hard to believe that an NFL prospect as smart as Will would take $500k this year if it could cost him even a round of NFL draft stock.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 06, 2024, 08:20:01 AM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 06, 2024, 09:29:26 AM »

If Will gets $1m, I am very happy for him.

However, from the one interview posted here from Rhule, it sounds like $1m is fire sale price for a good QB at a good program. I hope Will is getting something more.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: January 06, 2024, 09:39:41 AM »
I really like this post.

https://x.com/Ksulawyer/status/1743060116365062611?s=20
I don’t know which annoy me more. The people going after Will on social media after bad games or the people who act like those people somehow drove Will off the team.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 06, 2024, 09:49:44 AM »
I really like this post.

I don’t know which annoy me more. The people going after Will on social media after bad games or the people who act like those people somehow drove Will off the team.
I wouldn’t let any of it annoy you.  none of it is real and none of it matters.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 06, 2024, 09:54:47 AM »
I really like this post.

For me it's the people that never let him be anything but the QB that fumbled away a home game against OSU and got spanked at Iowa State when he should have been redshirting.

People should just accept him for what he was and move on: he was an incredibly unprepared terrible quarterback who evolved into a very solid one and won us some great games and a Dr Pepper along the way and happens to have a superstar waiting in the wings. How any KSU fan could begrudge him in any way is beyond me.

I don't know who is acting like KSU fans ran Will off but there are definitely plenty of fans who are very loud and very dumb when it comes to him.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 06, 2024, 09:55:00 AM »
I really like this post.

I wouldn’t let any of it annoy you.  none of it is real and none of it matters.
This also

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 06, 2024, 10:07:03 AM »
I really like this post.

For me it's the people that never let him be anything but the QB that fumbled away a home game against OSU and got spanked at Iowa State when he should have been redshirting.

People should just accept him for what he was and move on: he was an incredibly unprepared terrible quarterback who evolved into a very solid one and won us some great games and a Dr Pepper along the way and happens to have a superstar waiting in the wings. How any KSU fan could begrudge him in any way is beyond me.

This is exactly why I love non-pro sports. I love the growth, constant change, and the finding a way to win.  People that don’t like this may not realize it, but they don’t like college sports, they just like the my team/your team stuff.