Author Topic: How good is Will Howard???  (Read 113462 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Will Howard???
« Reply #975 on: October 25, 2022, 10:13:42 PM »
There is zero chance in my mind that our staff will have Avery ready to go in the fall mentally or physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This staff’s track record with QBs should give you confidence in their ability to develop Johnson.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 25, 2022, 11:06:17 PM »
There is zero chance in my mind that our staff will have Avery ready to go in the fall mentally or physically.

This staff’s track record with QBs should give you confidence in their ability to develop Johnson.

Right, these cats have put like 80 quarterbacks in the NFL and we still have people on this bullshit. Frankly, 2019 Skylar Thompson should have killed this talking point before it even got started.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 26, 2022, 07:13:24 AM »

Right, these cats have put like 80 quarterbacks in the NFL and we still have people on this bullshit. Frankly, 2019 Skylar Thompson should have killed this talking point before it even got started.

I don't think their track record with QBs is super relevant to what they can do with Johnson in a single fall camp. And Johnson not being ready next says little to nothing about their ability to develop QBs!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 26, 2022, 08:12:26 AM »
I"m talking about true freshman you idiots

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 26, 2022, 08:13:31 AM »
I should have said no way he's ready to go in the fall mentally or physically.

He's the best player every time on the field and it's not close.  He's not playing in florida, california, or texas JFC

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 26, 2022, 08:14:25 AM »
And he's teeny tiny.

Freshman Skylar was thicker.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 26, 2022, 08:24:04 AM »
Yikes
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 26, 2022, 09:50:27 AM »
We can't keep Skyler, AD, or Will Howard healthy. 

IF he's the Day 1 starter next year the offense will have to be completley retooled for AJ

DO NOT see that happening in a year...

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 26, 2022, 11:11:03 AM »
Cire, did Avery steal your girlfriend?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 26, 2022, 11:12:01 AM »
He could be great,

I don't think he'll be ready next year, certainly not in the offense we're running this year.  Not sure why that's controversial.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 26, 2022, 11:19:40 AM »
He could be great,

I don't think he'll be ready next year, certainly not in the offense we're running this year.  Not sure why that's controversial.

why do you think the offense wouldn't change?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 26, 2022, 11:29:26 AM »
I mean, our entire run game is based off of the qb read/power. 

If we run that with avery he will get destroyed.  It's one thing to try it with Adrian Martinez and Will Howard, both of those guys are significantly bigger.  Avery isn't built the same.

But our runnig game and a lot of our Play action/RPO is off of QB power

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 26, 2022, 11:37:42 AM »

If we run that with avery he will get destroyed.  It's one thing to try it with Adrian Martinez and Will Howard, both of those guys are significantly bigger.  Avery isn't built the same.

We’ll definitely utilize his running ability, but likely in a more finesse-centric way. He’ll be running more read option, rpo and sprint outs; general misdirection. I’m thinking Dennis Dixon at Oregon type of attack.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 26, 2022, 11:39:24 AM »
Whether or not Johnson starts next year will be more about Howard/Rubley than Johnson… mostly Howard probably.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 26, 2022, 11:42:25 AM »
Let the golden haired wonder boy sling it all over the field as god intended

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: October 26, 2022, 11:43:16 AM »

We’ll definitely utilize his running ability, but likely in a more finesse-centric way. He’ll be running more read option, rpo and sprint outs; general misdirection. I’m thinking Dennis Dixon at Oregon type of attack.

That would be great, but it's a different scheme than what we have been running.

I guess, I'm hoping it doesn't have to be Avery next year and that Will howard can have a 6-7 win season as a floor while we work to get better at skill positions and transition to a different Style for Avery that won't get him destroyed.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 26, 2022, 11:45:19 AM »
Also even if Will Anciuex is good he won’t be good until 2024 at the earliest and unless we pull off a miracle the WR room in 2023 will be just as bad as this one is.  A lot of reasons to let Avery play in 4 games and redshirt for 2024 if Howard continues on his trajectory.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 26, 2022, 12:37:38 PM »

That would be great, but it's a different scheme than what we have been running.

I guess, I'm hoping it doesn't have to be Avery next year and that Will howard can have a 6-7 win season as a floor while we work to get better at skill positions and transition to a different Style for Avery that won't get him destroyed.

KU completely changed its offense in the offseason to fit our personnel. Are you telling me you guys can't do the same?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 26, 2022, 12:50:59 PM »

KU completely changed its offense in the offseason to fit our personnel. Are you telling me you guys can't do the same?

I doubt it, they may have added things, but the triple option stuff and blocking scheme has been the same under the OC that came with LL

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 26, 2022, 05:33:17 PM »
Jesus, cire.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 26, 2022, 06:56:34 PM »
cire hates avery johnson’s guts

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How good is Will Howard[emoji47]
« Reply #996 on: October 29, 2022, 09:54:31 AM »
I feel like everyone else hates Avery’s guts if they want him starting in the fall.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 29, 2022, 01:08:29 PM »
Having a low ceiling vet start over a talented Freshmen has done wonders for Mizzou this season

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 29, 2022, 01:21:30 PM »
Having a low ceiling vet start over a talented Freshmen has done wonders for Mizzou this season

I don’t think Will Howard can be classified as a low ceiling vet anymore.  We will see how he does today I guess but he threw some absolute dimes in Ft Worth.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 29, 2022, 01:36:58 PM »
This may be the game that proves (or disproves) my theory that Howard’s biggest problem is his mental fortitude.