Author Topic: How good is Will Howard???  (Read 110823 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Will Howard???
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2020, 08:12:03 PM »
Especially with a garbage oline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2020, 08:16:21 PM »

It’s hard to defend Leveston at LT but I’m not sure this OL is all that bad as the season progresses.  Pretty excited about this position group in the next few years.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2020, 08:25:50 PM »
It’s almost like we’re playing a bunch of young guys getting their first extended taste of college football, living with their mistakes, and still winning games.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2020, 08:28:04 PM »

It’s hard to defend Leveston at LT but I’m not sure this OL is all that bad as the season progresses.  Pretty excited about this position group in the next few years.
Mostly leveston

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2020, 08:30:06 PM »
NO TURNOVERS! EVER IIRC!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2020, 08:30:15 PM »
RIGHT?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2020, 08:36:24 PM »

It makes me so sad that Katori is playing as awful as he has been all season. I had high hopes for him since he had that commitment tweet in the cowboy hat. He was out with the 2s today, so baring injury, I think he's done as a starter.

The o line isn't terrible, they've been getting better. As I told y'all when it happened, most of the issues against Arkansas State were attributed to Noah Johnson getting hurt.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2020, 08:41:48 PM »
Do you think Beebe slides over to Center next year and Warner and Rivas are at OG?  Duffie probably is better at OG but we almost have to have him out at RT.  Hopefully one of Willis or Mitchum is good enough next year at LT that it isn’t a liability.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2020, 09:46:28 PM »
I bet Willis is Lt.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2020, 09:52:46 PM »
I do not pay attention to any individual ol's during games

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2020, 10:11:32 PM »
I mean his arm is kind of weak

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2020, 10:31:59 PM »
I do not pay attention to any individual ol's during games

I don't really either but Katori has like 10 penalties this year, not an exaggeration and he spent the first four games constantly getting beat. With losing Noah Johnson, I just figured that losing your starting center in the first quarter of the season in which you're returning no starters couldn't be good.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2020, 10:48:56 PM »
KT has been kinda bad this year.  I think he'd be better off if we moved him in to the guard spot.

Howard is a true freshman with some good tools, and he's playing like a true freshman with some good tools.  His arm strength doesn't concern me at all.  I think it's "fine" at worst.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2020, 10:48:58 PM »
I mean his arm is kind of weak

Is it though? I mean they aren't having him throw many out routes but it seems fine going vertical. I will hear reasonable arguments on both sides.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2020, 11:06:25 PM »
Watch him go through route progressions, it’s a thing of beauty.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2020, 11:06:57 PM »
The coaches have said he has a cannon. His balls outside the numbers are really bad though, but I think that's technique, knowing those are more dangerous throws and he's overthrowing the ball. I think the ducks out there are literally due to him squeezing the ball too tightly when he's overthrowing it.

I think he's great. I am very impressed with his ball security, and I think he's a five year starter here. He's still slow, but so was Colin.

He might be better than Brock Purdy already, his line today, woof. 19-34, 162 yds., 1 td 1 int

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2020, 11:12:03 PM »
I find it refreshing that he isn't over-throwing his receivers and throwing to spots where only his receivers can reach.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2020, 11:32:40 PM »
Touch and accuracy is more important than 'rocket arm' imo.  You don't have to fire many laser beams into tight windows in CFB.  The defenses aren't that good. 

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2020, 11:38:26 PM »
Yea it’s pretty great that he has a stud TE and elite pass catching RB. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2020, 12:09:48 AM »
 :comehere:
The coaches have said he has a cannon. His balls outside the numbers are really bad though, but I think that's technique, knowing those are more dangerous throws and he's overthrowing the ball. I think the ducks out there are literally due to him squeezing the ball too tightly when he's overthrowing it.

I think he's great. I am very impressed with his ball security, and I think he's a five year starter here. He's still slow, but so was Colin.

He might be better than Brock Purdy already, his line today, woof. 19-34, 162 yds., 1 td 1 int

I don’t think anyone with his shot put mechanics can have a canon. He isn’t exactly throwing the ball downhill or coming over the top or whatever. He played well today though and started to look more comfortable in the second half which is great. He could definitely develop into a Colin Klein type of college qb but with better accuracy/passing skills and less run speed/skills.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2020, 12:19:12 AM »

I don’t think anyone with his shot put mechanics can have a canon. He isn’t exactly throwing the ball downhill or coming over the top or whatever. He played well today though and started to look more comfortable in the second half which is great. He could definitely develop into a Colin Klein type of college qb but with better accuracy/passing skills and less run speed/skills.

Even with Colin Klein as QB coach I don't think we'll have anymore battering ram QBs'.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2020, 12:19:27 AM »

Yeah, rewatching some of the highlights, his TD to Moore for example was like super floaty, but his throw to Taylor for basically a TD was damn good. There were a few times I did notice he never even look at his check down to Deuce, but that is w/e.

He's got poise, the first half was not great for him, but then again with all the special teams and defensive TDs the offense never really got a chance to do anything. Halftime was a great reset for the team and they came out and did whatever they wanted in the 3rd.

After TT beating WV, they got a good shot of running this to 5-0 in the conference, and then after that vs OSU, just throw the kitchen sink at them, who knows.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2020, 02:32:38 AM »

I don't think he looks like he has a rocket arm either but that's what the coaches were telling the media even going back to August.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2020, 08:17:49 AM »
He's super good. Sometimes you can just tell when a KSU Cat QB has "it" and Howard certainly does.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2020, 08:18:48 AM »
 :ksu:

I don't think he looks like he has a rocket arm either but that's what the coaches were telling the media even going back to August.

I just think the staff just likes to hype the qbs and make them feel great. I would do the same. That would be a stressful position and not thinking that the staff 100% loved you and were all your biggest fan would suck. His arm is perfectly fine but I bet it’s in the lower half of P5 qbs in terms of strength.