Author Topic: How good is Will Howard???  (Read 110859 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Will Howard???
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2020, 07:25:10 PM »
He's going to be good.  Three weeks with the first team and a game against KU should give him the confidence he needs to take us all the way.  :emawkid:

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2020, 07:58:06 PM »
Being a “winner” doesn’t mean crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2020, 09:34:52 PM »
He's going to be good.  Three weeks with the first team and a game against KU should give him the confidence he needs to take us all the way.  :emawkid:

Yeah, I am fully expecting him to look like an absolute stud against bball aggie and I will get my hopes up really high that maybe we can still make the dr pepper but then he will look like a true freshman QB against coal aggie or tboone aggie.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2020, 10:45:42 PM »
Howard is a big true freshman QB with some good, raw tools.  That’s pretty much what he’s looked like so far too, so none of this should be unexpected either way.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2020, 11:12:57 PM »
Being a “winner” doesn’t mean crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It means a lot.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2020, 11:16:46 PM »
With rare exception, P5 scholarship quarterbacks were "winners" in high school. Because they are very talented relative to their competition and not because of some mythical winning instinct.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2020, 11:18:49 PM »
Also I haven't seen CK use quarterbacks as bartering rams. They definite use qb runs but not like a ton

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2020, 11:26:03 PM »

Yeah, I am fully expecting him to look like an absolute stud against bball aggie and I will get my hopes up really high that maybe we can still make the dr pepper but then he will look like a true freshman QB against coal aggie or tboone aggie.

I certainly don't expect him to be perfect, but from what little we've seen so far, he has good instincts and is a more accurate thrower than Thompson. Yes, I would feel much better with Skylar starting, but I have high hopes!

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2020, 11:56:39 PM »
Uh, he's got a 50% completion rate. That is definitely not more accurate than Skylar.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:05:20 AM by waks »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2020, 11:59:56 PM »
TBH he hasn't shown he can do anything better than Skylar, yet.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2020, 08:54:52 AM »
TBH he hasn't shown he can do anything better than Skylar, yet.

Stay healthy.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »
Also I haven't seen CK use quarterbacks as bartering rams. They definite use qb runs but not like a ton
None of the QBs are CK or ER or MB, either. But then again that didn't deter Snyder.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2020, 11:50:08 AM »
He seems to put a nice 'touch' on his throws.  Has anyone else noticed the 'touch' he puts on his throws?  I could be wrong.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
He seems to put a nice 'touch' on his throws.  Has anyone else noticed the 'touch' he puts on his throws?  I could be wrong.

Dropped a dime into Sammy Wheeler that should have counted if not for the shitty refs.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2020, 03:57:38 PM »
When he did have a little time, he was able to hit his receivers in stride for YAC.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2020, 04:01:52 PM »
Will Howard throws much better between the hashes than to the outside.  From the one pass in the Arkansas State game to the Moore/Wheeler throws on Saturday, he has been solid there.  Not sure if there are larger conclusions to be drawn from it.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2020, 04:05:11 PM »
He sees over the line better since he is more ideal height.  He dropped one over the linebackers to Duece that was something Skylar probably just couldn’t do based on height and seeing it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2020, 04:34:06 PM »

Dropped a dime into Sammy Wheeler that should have counted if not for the shitty refs.

So many drops in that TCU game by our WR's. I'm sure Skylar has had to deal with drops too, but it really stood out to me against TCU.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2020, 11:07:58 PM »
Will Howard throws much better between the hashes than to the outside.  From the one pass in the Arkansas State game to the Moore/Wheeler throws on Saturday, he has been solid there.  Not sure if there are larger conclusions to be drawn from it.
Throws to the sideline are harder. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2020, 08:57:33 AM »
Will def throws a lot more wobbly passes, looks like some of his passes are harder to catch.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2020, 09:19:50 AM »
I'm super impressed with Stoutward's ability to carry out halftime adjustments.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2020, 09:29:28 AM »

and require more arm strength or they're going to get pick 6'd. I think howard looks perfectly capable of being fine. his arm strength seems lacking though. probably related to the "touch" that 33 notices.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »

and require more arm strength or they're going to get pick 6'd. I think howard looks perfectly capable of being fine. his arm strength seems lacking though. probably related to the "touch" that 33 notices.
And glhe was really close to a pick six Saturday

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »

He had the nice quick out to Bash on 3rd down vs TT, but I bet the coaches were limiting out routes with TCU due to the chance of pick-6s. He is throwing the seam well. The touch throw to Deuce that went for 45 showed great arm strength- running backwards to his left, threw off his back foot while being tackled, and effortlessly lofted it 25yds right over the LB and beneath the safety. That play has me incredibly excited about his ability.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2020, 11:40:21 AM »

And glhe was really close to a pick six Saturday

I was shocked that dude didn’t get there in time, thought for sure it was going to the house.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best