Author Topic: Other games thread 2020, YES THERE ARE GAMES!  (Read 24486 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Other games thread 2020, YES THERE ARE GAMES!
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2020, 10:57:26 PM »
Dabo is such a rough ridin' putz and Coach O has etouffee for brains

https://twitter.com/bIakejmorgan/status/1341026765800693762

Kirby Smart's might be worse than O's

SEC SEC SEC

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 29, 2020, 08:26:33 PM »
Alamo Bowl makes me think of the original Big 12.  :cry:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2020, 11:03:19 PM »
This UT QB behind Ehlinger is special, they're going to be outrageous next year. Two Red River Showdowns for the B12.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2020, 12:01:50 AM »
This UT QB behind Ehlinger is special, they're going to be outrageous next year. Two Red River Showdowns for the B12.

Yeah. That dude is already giving me nightmares.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2020, 05:51:33 AM »

Didn’t you say a few weeks ago Texas has no heir apparent at QB and it had the fan base ready to fire Herman?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »
The fanbase IS ready to fire Herman. Texas should have won the BigXII this year. Instead, stupid play calling and mental mistakes cost them games.

They will definitely be better than us next year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 30, 2020, 10:44:41 AM »

Didn’t you say a few weeks ago Texas has no heir apparent at QB and it had the fan base ready to fire Herman?

Yeah, why did you insist then and continue to now attribute those things to my thoughts? The discussion was about why Texas fans wanted Tom Herman fired. I told you more than once that those weren't my sentiments. You got mad at me for restating the fact that he landed fewer top Texas recruits with each class he's signed since at UT, as if that has anything to do with me.

The Big 12 beat writer and the OU beat writer for the athletic both thought he still wasn't 100% safe going into last night's game.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 30, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »
I could never get mad at you bro.  Did Texas fans and their beat writer guy not realize how good Thompson was?  I certainly had no idea, maybe he kind of snuck up on people with his performance.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 30, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »
 :dunno:
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/casey-thompson-986#school-interests

I get so pissed when I don't see K-State on these lists. What in the ever loving eff did the last staff do with their time? It's malpractice that a 4 star QB from Oklahoma got offers from schools like Memphis, Iowa State, and SMU, West Virginia but not Kansas State.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2020, 05:12:23 PM »
i really like the style of football where an offense runs for 8 yards every play.  it's much more aesthetically pleasing to me than the style where they pass for 0 yards twice and then 20 yards once.

(this is an army-wvu game comment).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2020, 05:13:24 PM »
looks like things at the miss st/tulsa game escalated quickly

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 31, 2020, 05:23:14 PM »
Middling Big 12 team getting beat by a service academy:  a tradition like no other

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 31, 2020, 07:45:24 PM »
i really like the style of football where an offense runs for 8 yards every play.  it's much more aesthetically pleasing to me than the style where they pass for 0 yards twice and then 20 yards once.

(this is an army-wvu game comment).

That was a highly watchable game. I was getting frustrated with WVUs defense until they locked down in the 4th quarter.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 31, 2020, 08:05:03 PM »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 31, 2020, 08:35:10 PM »
I could never get mad at you bro.  Did Texas fans and their beat writer guy not realize how good Thompson was?  I certainly had no idea, maybe he kind of snuck up on people with his performance.

Casey Thompson was well known & talked about a lot  in Oklahoma when he was being recruited & picked Texas.  Maybe the forgot about him in the last couple years, but he was a rivals 250 recruit when he picked Texas.

There’s a TV/radio guy in OKC that went to OU in the 60s & has been covering OU since. They had a 50 year anniversary party for him at a bar, live on the radio during his afternoon show. Switzer got on the mic a few drinks in and started talking about what the coaches had told him around Thompson, Cameron Rising & some other QB recruits before they had signed anywhere. He was a known enough commodity tipsy Switzer was talking about him on the radio in the middle of the afternoon while he was still a recruit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 08:43:09 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 31, 2020, 10:21:17 PM »

Casey Thompson was well known & talked about a lot  in Oklahoma when he was being recruited & picked Texas.  Maybe the forgot about him in the last couple years, but he was a rivals 250 recruit when he picked Texas.

There’s a TV/radio guy in OKC that went to OU in the 60s & has been covering OU since. They had a 50 year anniversary party for him at a bar, live on the radio during his afternoon show. Switzer got on the mic a few drinks in and started talking about what the coaches had told him around Thompson, Cameron Rising & some other QB recruits before they had signed anywhere. He was a known enough commodity tipsy Switzer was talking about him on the radio in the middle of the afternoon while he was still a recruit.

Al Ass-bach? I was listening to that dude as a little kid.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 01, 2021, 12:52:51 AM »

Yup.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 01, 2021, 12:56:25 AM »
A little late but this is cool

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/dominating-florida-in-the-cotton-bowl-calls-for-reviving-the-malcolm-kelly-freestyle

Also we kicked their ass all over the place back when games counted

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 01, 2021, 09:21:07 AM »

Ass-back is the worst.  He was always trying to start / fan the flames of rumors that Snyder was leaving.  First he was going to the Cardinals, and then to the Buccaneers.  I think he had a weekly segment of his show where he would point out something that made him mad during the past week of college football.  One week it was Snyder for calling a time out before the half of the 1998 Northern Illinois game so Gramatica could kick his 65 yard field goal.  He said it was bush league, blah blah.  He was totally butt hurt about Snyder.  I called him up about about it to defend it and he hung up on me.  Total clown show.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 01, 2021, 03:02:23 PM »
What the eff was Fickell doing? lol.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 01, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »
I saw someone tweet that this was the Four Seasons Total Rose Bowl and I lol'd

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 01, 2021, 06:32:53 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 01, 2021, 06:36:13 PM »
Wal-Mart!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 01, 2021, 07:58:31 PM »
these defenses looking like fools.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."