Author Topic: Other games thread 2020, YES THERE ARE GAMES!  (Read 24485 times)

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
Re: Other games thread 2020, YES THERE ARE GAMES!
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2020, 10:42:29 AM »
Indeed it was a piping hot spud.  That finish was wonky af.  However, it didn’t kick off late enough for me to count as a true PXIIAD hot potato.  I look at pxiiad like dessert.  I watch all the other games and then it’s like “o snap UCLA is playing wazzu in a game I didn’t know about but I’m HERE FOR IT”
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:50 PM »
Also how about Jaret Patterson from Buffalo?  Ran for 409 and DOUBLE AL BUNDY’d with 8 rushing tds
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2020, 11:44:31 AM »
Can this be a safe space to discuss Sarah Fuller? I understood the pre game hype, and thought it was merited. I was annoyed by the continued post game hype, as if what happened actually didn't happen. Vandy was so awful that she only got one kick and that kick was doo doo. I don't even think the doo doo kick was problematic, it seemed to be windy and I've seen worse kickoffs, but I can't get behind what happened yesterday being historic.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2020, 11:53:22 AM »
Can this be a safe space to discuss Sarah Fuller? I understood the pre game hype, and thought it was merited. I was annoyed by the continued post game hype, as if what happened actually didn't happen. Vandy was so awful that she only got one kick and that kick was doo doo. I don't even think the doo doo kick was problematic, it seemed to be windy and I've seen worse kickoffs, but I can't get behind what happened yesterday being historic.
The media was trying to make this a Jackie Robinson event, as if there are hundreds of capable women who have been held out of division 1 football for decades.  It was a publicity stunt and nothing more.
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2020, 12:08:53 PM »
KSU rolling out a goalkeeper next week could very well calm some waters.  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »
The media was trying to make this a Jackie Robinson event, as if there are hundreds of capable women who have been held out of division 1 football for decades.  It was a publicity stunt and nothing more.

Now I don't think it was a publicity stunt, they did lose all of the kickers to COVID and contact tracing. Honestly, I'm shocked this hasn't happened to more non Big 10 schools. You'd think that position group would be most susceptible to contact tracing.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »
Could be, I just assume there are 10 active players on their roster who kicked for their high school team because they were the best athlete
:adios:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2020, 12:23:32 PM »
I’m somewhere in the middle. She was their sole PK, so if they got in scoring territory she was kicking. Also, Vandy doesn’t have men’s soccer, so I easily believe that a women’s player would have the best available leg on campus on a week’s notice.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:43:59 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2020, 01:34:56 PM »
It's good that a "first" is out of the way.  The next time will be more normalized, and so on.  That's a good thing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2020, 03:56:41 PM »
It's good that a "first" is out of the way.  The next time will be more normalized, and so on.  That's a good thing.

Thing is that it wasn't much of a first, it kept being parsed with "in the power five." New Mexico is a major power 5 program, just as significant as Vandy if we're being honest. Gary Barnett's homegirl Kate Hnida actually kicked some extra points.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 01:01:54 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2020, 08:59:13 AM »

Thing is that it wasn't much of a first, it kept being parsed with "in the power five." New Mexico is a major power 5 program, just as significant as Vandy if we're being honest. Gary Barnett's homegirl Kate Hnida actually kicked some extra points.

Yeah - that was the real "LOL" at all the hype, the "Power 5" qualifier.  If Neuheisel would have remained Colorado another year, I think Hnida would have kicked in games - he recruited her to the team but left before her first season.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2020, 04:25:09 PM »

It was obvious she wasn't very good. She was awful. Katie was not only a girl, she was terrible, ok? There's no other way to say it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2020, 08:01:59 PM »

It was obvious she wasn't very good. She was awful. Katie was not only a girl, she was terrible, ok? There's no other way to say it.

I hated him so much, he was such a dick. If you recall he said that as a rebuttal to her revealing she was raped by a teammate.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2020, 08:13:33 PM »
Yeah, there were two D-I females who kicked in games before the Vandy lady. One at UNM and one somewhere else. I too was lol'n at "...in the Power 5." 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2020, 08:19:36 PM »
lol, I'm happy for Sarah Fuller, but this is new heights of trying too hard.
https://twitter.com/SEC/status/1333456445132713987

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2020, 03:29:05 PM »

I hated him so much, he was such a dick. If you recall he said that as a rebuttal to her revealing she was raped by a teammate.

Yeah, I remember being shocked by what he said back then, but going back and looking at it now, it was even more cringey than I remembered.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
The last time I even thought of Gary Barnett was when I heard him probably a year or two ago on 810 with the slapdicks on the Border Patrol.

I guess he had a weekly segment on there or something. Kind of weird that he would have a spot on the radio in KC.

But whatever.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2020, 07:51:26 PM »
The last time I even thought of Gary Barnett was when I heard him probably a year or two ago on 810 with the slapdicks on the Border Patrol.

I guess he had a weekly segment on there or something. Kind of weird that he would have a spot on the radio in KC.

But whatever.

Still does, he's a Mizzou grad.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2020, 09:02:49 AM »
I'd like to see more of this from the Group of 5 (top teams from conferences having the flexibility to play each other late in the season, not COVID)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30442674/sources-byu-cougars-replace-liberty-flames-coastal-carolina-chanticleers-opponent

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2020, 09:58:18 AM »
BYU is #13 in the CFP???? what a joke

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2020, 11:13:16 AM »
lol, I'm happy for Sarah Fuller, but this is new heights of trying too hard.
https://twitter.com/SEC/status/1333456445132713987
oh lawd.... 2020 is complete

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2020, 11:52:01 PM »
We didn't even talk about her coming into the lockerroom at halftime lecturing the players about not cheering for each other loudly enough. Now, let's remove gender from this, how lacking in awareness and humility do you need to have to be a place kicker, only with the team for 6 days, that decides you want to yell at these people who have spent a half of football running into people over an s over again. Not only that but the cameras showed her, clear as crap, talking to people in the crowd, during the game.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2020, 08:39:16 AM »
We didn't even talk about her coming into the lockerroom at halftime lecturing the players about not cheering for each other loudly enough. Now, let's remove gender from this, how lacking in awareness and humility do you need to have to be a place kicker, only with the team for 6 days, that decides you want to yell at these people who have spent a half of football running into people over an s over again. Not only that but the cameras showed her, clear as crap, talking to people in the crowd, during the game.
Don't get me started. ESPN was a circus with this story. Not to mention there's been D1 girl kickers before, who've actually made FG's, but 2020. I'd be pissed if I was some of those previous D1 girl kickers, seeing this girl get all the press, for a squib kick.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »

But whatever.

Still does, he's a Mizzou grad.

Well I'll be a suck egg mule! Didn't realize that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2020, 01:18:58 AM »
Don't get me started. ESPN was a circus with this story. Not to mention there's been D1 girl kickers before, who've actually made FG's, but 2020. I'd be pissed if I was some of those previous D1 girl kickers, seeing this girl get all the press, for a squib kick.

They both actually support her. I just want the woman to score some points and not pep talk these people who have spent every day the last 4 months busting their asses. Play spring ball before you try to be a vocal leader.