Author Topic: Other games thread 2020, YES THERE ARE GAMES!  (Read 24643 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Other games thread 2020, YES THERE ARE GAMES!
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2020, 08:08:36 PM »
How many Big 10 teams are better than we are?

tOSU
Wisconsin

Indiana?
Iowa??
Northwestern??
Maryland????
:adios:

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2020, 09:50:00 PM »
How many Big 10 teams are better than we are?

tOSU
Wisconsin

Indiana?
Iowa??
Northwestern??
Maryland????

regretfully i think all of those are
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2020, 10:02:30 AM »
Clemson/FSU cancelled because Clemson kept practicing with a symptomatic backup all week & then travelled with him to Tallahassee, who had a Friday test return positive this morning. How pissed would we all be at Klieman if a game got cancelled because he practiced/travelled a symptomatic player that had a couple false negatives during the week. Imagine putting a whole game at risk because you put all your stock on a couple potential false negatives for a backup.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2020, 11:12:41 AM »
Clemson/FSU cancelled because Clemson kept practicing with a symptomatic backup all week & then travelled with him to Tallahassee, who had a Friday test return positive this morning. How pissed would we all be at Klieman if a game got cancelled because he practiced/travelled a symptomatic player that had a couple false negatives during the week. Imagine putting a whole game at risk because you put all your stock on a couple potential false negatives for a backup.

I don't know, I think the coaches have to take a test result at face value.  I don't blame them, actually.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2020, 11:18:31 AM »

I don't know, I think the coaches have to take a test result at face value.  I don't blame them, actually.

I would agree if the player wasn't showing symptoms, but if he had a fever or loss of taste and still practiced that's pretty bad.

Regardless I'm sure these coaches can play dumb and blame medical staff. Plenty of people are willfully ignorant about covid.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2020, 11:24:50 AM »

Player was a symptomatic backup. I can’t imagine putting a game at risk by keeping a symptomatic backup around/traveling him with the team and putting all my faith in a test that has a history of showing negative early in the illness.

I think you have to value the players presenting symptoms way more than a test result. I get putting some stock in the test result, but Clemson has to have known they were putting the game at risk with another Friday test out there.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »

I would agree if the player wasn't showing symptoms, but if he had a fever or loss of taste and still practiced that's pretty bad.

Regardless I'm sure these coaches can play dumb and blame medical staff. Plenty of people are willfully ignorant about covid.

I wonder what the symptoms were? I certainly haven't seen them reported anywhere. 

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2020, 11:27:56 AM »

Player was a symptomatic backup. I can’t imagine putting a game at risk by keeping a symptomatic backup around/traveling him with the team and putting all my faith in a test that has a history of showing negative early in the illness.

I think you have to value the players presenting symptoms way more than a test result. I get putting some stock in the test result, but Clemson has to have known they were putting the game at risk with another Friday test out there.

There were two negative tests, right?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2020, 11:37:12 AM »

I wonder what the symptoms were? I certainly haven't seen them reported anywhere. 

I don't think it matters, because pretty much any symptom is either covid exclusive or would indicate something like the flu. (I think it's also irresponsible to practice a player who might have the flu, FWIW)

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2020, 12:01:49 PM »

I don't think it matters, because pretty much any symptom is either covid exclusive or would indicate something like the flu. (I think it's also irresponsible to practice a player who might have the flu, FWIW)

It sure matters if it was loss of taste and smell, or some of more exotic symptoms of Covid.  That would be pretty clear negligence.  If it were cold-like symptoms (which is probable), then regardless of what we think, no coach or administration is going to get into trouble after the kid tests negative twice. In fact, it would seem something close to 49.2% of the country would blame the coach for NOT practicing/playing him, unfortunately. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2020, 12:56:20 PM »
OK, so he didn't actually practice while symptomatic. seems all good!

The player had gone home during Clemson’s off weekend last week and had not felt well. He took an antigen test at home and was negative. He returned to campus and was held out of practice on Monday. He felt better on Tuesday and was cleared to practice and tested negative for the virus on Wednesday. So while he showed some symptoms, they were not classic COVID-19 symptoms – loss of taste/smell or respiratory issues. They were more flu-like symptoms, which doctors waited to dissipate before clearing him to practice.

https://sports.yahoo.com/clemson-and-florida-state-bitter-postponement-college-football-173528022.html

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2020, 01:18:13 PM »
ILL

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2020, 01:23:01 PM »
ILL

I caught the last Illinois drive and LMAO the Blackshirts were talking an awful lot of crap

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2020, 02:06:50 PM »
They suck bigtime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2020, 04:11:40 AM »
INI

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2020, 08:49:24 AM »
HOLY eff eff eff!!!

#MACtion was peak lit tonight. Western Michigan down 10 points just over 2 minutes left. They drive the field and score a touchdown with around 45 seconds left. They miss the extra point, so they're down 4. Western kicks the onside kick and the kicker recovered it. They drive down to the 6 yard line with 15 seconds left and won on this play

https://twitter.com/MACSports/status/1326752471516143616
https://twitter.com/CFBHome/status/1326752387042783232

That was unreal!!!

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2020, 04:08:25 PM »
Full look at that ending to the Toledo game. Still impressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0P8Smrdev8

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2020, 04:17:48 PM »
jomboy is unbearable to listen to

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2020, 04:40:27 PM »
It was the first I've heard of him and I enjoyed it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2020, 09:32:17 PM »

Come on man

It was the first I've heard of him and I enjoyed it

He's great, you should explore his channel, just the short videos, I love them.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2020, 09:33:20 PM »
I love jomboy baseball vids
:adios:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2020, 09:15:50 AM »
he's terrible.. you've seen one of his videos you've basically seen them all.. most monotone northeastern accent accent too. hard pass

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2020, 11:10:28 PM »
Ohio State getting their game cancelled and now needing Michigan to stay clean with Covid to be eligible for the BigTen CCG, starting 2 weeks of Michigan getting Covid conspiracy theories is the chaos I need.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2020, 01:19:41 AM »
Ohio State getting their game cancelled and now needing Michigan to stay clean with Covid to be eligible for the BigTen CCG, starting 2 weeks of Michigan getting Covid conspiracy theories is the chaos I need.

That minimum game rule is going to get waived because the average number of games played for all league teams will dip below 8 games.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2020, 09:52:17 AM »
Fat Damon really dropped the ball, Oregon/Oregon St last night was a piping hot potater