Author Topic: COVID Classes (back-to-school related)  (Read 21517 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: COVID Classes (back-to-school related)
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »
I mean I get homeboys frustration, I've had at least one kid home almost every day since school started, but the time when the pandemic is trending worse than it ever has probably isn't the time to ramp up more school.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2020, 09:56:23 PM »
this disease has really thrown a spotlight on how much parents hate spending time with their children.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2020, 09:59:48 PM »
Right? So many people acting like they should get hazard pay for being full time parents, you're the one who raised the little bastards. If they're acting like fuckheads maybe look within.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2020, 10:20:55 PM »
Kellis should block his kids.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2020, 10:29:41 PM »
this disease has really thrown a spotlight on how much parents hate spending time with their children.
YES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »
YES!

Omg yes. It'd be funny if it wasn't so goddamn terrible. I get being a parent is tough, and this makes it worse, but school has never supposed to be goddamn childcare. There will be a lot of messed up kids from this pandemic, and most is from them realizing their parents can't stand them.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2020, 10:50:44 PM »
Haha, it's also entirely possible the kids hate being around the parents and therefore make their lives a living hell.

There's a mom whose daughter I coached a while back (and was awful, look at the youth coaching thread) who was getting WILD on the PTA and neighborhood facebook groups over it - like telling people that she was paying $600/month for her daughters' therapy and even had an ER visit because of covid and telling people who had friends die that it was anecdoctal. like WHAT??? And then it appears she completely deleted her facebook profile and every post along with it. Too bad.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2020, 10:52:54 PM »
I sympathize with Kellis. It just made me think of the "shut up and dribble" nonsense.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 22, 2020, 01:12:53 AM »
Haha, it's also entirely possible the kids hate being around the parents and therefore make their lives a living hell.

There's a mom whose daughter I coached a while back (and was awful, look at the youth coaching thread) who was getting WILD on the PTA and neighborhood facebook groups over it - like telling people that she was paying $600/month for her daughters' therapy and even had an ER visit because of covid and telling people who had friends die that it was anecdoctal. like WHAT??? And then it appears she completely deleted her facebook profile and every post along with it. Too bad.

Yes, my middle child loved me but hates the crap out of being at home with me because she's lazy a.f.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 22, 2020, 01:20:39 AM »
Two martinis and a decent amount of crown deep and reporting that nicname jr. is actually the crap and a model citizen and genuinely great person, who while generally lazy (like nicname sr) is well ahead on all schoolwork (mostly in person, but some hybrid this week due to increased cases), and seemingly well adjusted and happy as ever.

Also rarely annoying.

:lynchmob:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 22, 2020, 01:27:01 PM »
I mean I get homeboys frustration, I've had at least one kid home almost every day since school started, but the time when the pandemic is trending worse than it ever has probably isn't the time to ramp up more school.

It's not trending worse than it ever has in Riley County.  Moreover, Riley County schools, Rock Creek and Wamego are not having a lot of issues with five day a week school.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 22, 2020, 01:54:47 PM »
Posted in another thread but KU med docs have repeatedly stated that infections as a result of school openings/other large events aren't typically known for 6-8 weeks due to the speed of infection cycle.

No idea when the first schools started reopening but I don't think most have been open for more than a few weeks.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 22, 2020, 04:59:42 PM »
Posted in another thread but KU med docs have repeatedly stated that infections as a result of school openings/other large events aren't typically known for 6-8 weeks due to the speed of infection cycle.

No idea when the first schools started reopening but I don't think most have been open for more than a few weeks.

Riley County and Rock Creek have been in session since August 20.  Manhattan has been in session since August 26.  Wamego started September 2-3.  K-State has been in session since August 17.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »
That’s good

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 22, 2020, 06:59:05 PM »
I am very much in favor of closing bars and restaurants and opening schools

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 22, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »
i'm happy to hear manhattan schools aren't reporting widespread transmission.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2020, 02:11:05 PM »
our schools have been approved to be open K-6 since early October. They finally released a plan to reopen.

K-2 starts January 7, grades 3-5 start January 20. No date for middle and high school.

kids go to school 2 days a week, 90 minutes per day. It was going to be 4 days a week but they decided they needed more time to clean between cohorts so they're splitting them up to different days. goalposts constantly moving while the metro area and county has maybe the lowest infection rate in the country.  And parents are like terrified of sending them back! It's unreal.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2020, 04:12:02 PM »
Two martinis and a decent amount of crown deep and reporting that nicname jr. is actually the crap and a model citizen and genuinely great person, who while generally lazy (like nicname sr) is well ahead on all schoolwork (mostly in person, but some hybrid this week due to increased cases), and seemingly well adjusted and happy as ever.

Also rarely annoying.

:lynchmob:
I'm not telling you how to parent, but that is a lot of alcohol for a school aged child.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2020, 08:39:45 PM »
 Smallville schools have been open for approx ten weeks with no known transmission in the schools. There have been some infected teachers but their infections weren’t work related and they had mild illness. Hope the trend continues.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2020, 08:44:41 PM »
The Olathe parents in favor of in person learning Facebook group have turned into full blown masks don’t work, the unions are pulling the strings trying to keep kids out of schools maga.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 28, 2020, 08:51:56 PM »
The Olathe parents in favor of in person learning Facebook group have turned into full blown masks don’t work, the unions are pulling the strings trying to keep kids out of schools maga.

Yeah I was kind of swayed into the "at least they're doing something" camp on FB in the hopes that it won't lead to an explosion of cases and things can continue to progrsss. But there's definitely some folks that think this is a half assed plan so they don't actually need to do anything on campus this school year. Like they'll make it suck so much that no parents will want to come back.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 28, 2020, 08:52:04 PM »

Is there a similar group in DeSoto?