Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 94656 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #650 on: August 02, 2020, 11:00:24 AM »
No article has been able to identify just how many players are a part of this PAC-12 thing.  The CBS article waits until the last paragraph to note that they really don't rough ridin' know.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-12-football-schedule-2020-league-split-between-12-game-10-game-options-for-this-season/

While the story published by The Players Tribune does not specify how many players are involved, one anonymous staff member at a Pac-12 program told ESPN the group could consist of hundreds of players from several different Pac-12 schools.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 02, 2020, 12:39:46 PM »
That’s not a big ask tbh

there are like 10 things on that list that are either completely off the wall or against ncaa regs.  there's no possibility of even compromising on anything close to that list.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 02, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »
which is good, btw.  now the pac 12 can just make an early decision to cancel the season.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 02, 2020, 05:38:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheoLawson_SR/status/1290038799569838082

I look forward to Kirk Shulz's comments about his university's athletic department approach to this issue.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 02, 2020, 06:04:03 PM »
OT, but explains how important football is to the P5.  Seems like they are about to tell the NCAA to kiss their ass goodbye.

"The TV ratings of those games is the answer to your question," Carparelli said. "The average bowl game rates higher than the best regular-season college basketball games. That's a fact."

This in a way explains how important a basketball power like KU is to P5 football.  Kind of like a tick on a dog's ass.   
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 02, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »
They do their most mumped up thing ever AFTER running Leach?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 02, 2020, 09:27:59 PM »
Is basketball the only sport with 4 year guarantees? Regardless how tone deaf do you have to be to kick a player off the team in this environment for standing up for themselves.   I can’t imagine a coaching staff surviving that.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 02, 2020, 09:34:15 PM »
scholarships in basketball are a semester by semester deal, although schools can decide to go longer than that and offer school year length I guess

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: August 03, 2020, 02:23:31 AM »
Is basketball the only sport with 4 year guarantees? Regardless how tone deaf do you have to be to kick a player off the team in this environment for standing up for themselves.   I can’t imagine a coaching staff surviving that.

No college sport has a multi year guarantee, it's why the national letter of intent program is so completely rough ridin' foul

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 03, 2020, 11:30:27 AM »

No college sport has a multi year guarantee, it's why the national letter of intent program is so completely rough ridin' foul

The fact they can pull a scholarship from these players is a very good reason they should be able to transfer to another school without permission or penalty.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 03, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »
No one has any real idea how many PAC-12 players are involved in this hold out thing, do they?  I'm buying the unsubstantiated numbers being thrown around by reporters.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 03, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »
No one has any real idea how many PAC-12 players are involved in this hold out thing, do they?  I'm buying the unsubstantiated numbers being thrown around by reporters.

https://theundefeated.com/features/pac-12-followed-the-money-and-found-a-movement/

“I feel like we’ve built a base of 200-300 leaders,” Cooper said. “And now, all of those leaders are empowered with the information and inform their teammates to join this as well.”

“There’s technically not one person running the show,” said Washington State’s Dallas Hobbs. “It’s a collective of people who really want to create change in their school, but around the whole Pac-12.”

The group chat now has 400 members. One of the members, Treyjohn Butler of Stanford, started communicating with players around the country in July about their schools’ commitment to social justice after the killing of George Floyd. “We wanted to speak up about social injustice at first and felt our schools were silent,” Butler said. “Schools posted about Black Lives Matter and called it a day.”

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 08, 2021, 12:22:03 AM »
I hope they didn't kick him out for that when they wouldn't this summer, hopefully the hoe just dropped out.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 08, 2021, 07:10:35 AM »
I hope they didn't kick him out for that when they wouldn't this summer, hopefully the hoe just dropped out.
I'm guessing he got PI'ed until he quit. No inside source.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2021, 07:58:56 AM »
Did you all see the dumbass coach from UChatt? I’m not able to go digging for it right now but he had to either think he was on his burner account or was trying to get fired.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 08, 2021, 08:50:24 AM »
Did you all see the dumbass coach from UChatt? I’m not able to go digging for it right now but he had to either think he was on his burner account or was trying to get fired.

I think he was just pretty sure that coup was going to work

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 08, 2021, 02:39:23 PM »

Yeah, lol. They fired him quickly. My thing is if that dude feels so strongly about Stacey Adams, and those like her, how was he able to keep his feelings quiet around these dudes he spends so much time with?

Also the Baylor O line coach got fired because there are black face photos of him from when he played at Auburn. They are on thedirty.com from years ago.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 08, 2021, 02:52:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/noahoxnr/status/1347269423040770048

Holy crap, did that same idiot actually go participate in the mob in DC?!?!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 08, 2021, 03:02:37 PM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 08, 2021, 07:04:54 PM »
What a piece of crap.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 13, 2021, 09:31:53 AM »
https://www.kxan.com/sports/longhorns-head-coach-steve-sarkisian-the-eyes-of-texas-is-our-school-song/

I read something about a month ago detailing The Eyes of Texas "controversy" at UT.

I think you could earnestly make the case that Herman's biggest driver in getting the axe was his handling of The Eyes of Texas, not going 6-3.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 13, 2021, 09:40:35 AM »
https://www.kxan.com/sports/longhorns-head-coach-steve-sarkisian-the-eyes-of-texas-is-our-school-song/

I read something about a month ago detailing The Eyes of Texas "controversy" at UT.

I think you could earnestly make the case that Herman's biggest driver in getting the axe was his handling of The Eyes of Texas, not going 6-3.
Yeah saw Bomani Jones discussing this

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1349137757357154314

https://twitter.com/MikeMeltser/status/1349138893690564615