Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 94686 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »
Pretty rough ridin' stupid.  They want a policy put in place to be able to dismiss a person from the university for being disrespectful. What a clown show.

Just go beat up this individual piece of crap person who attends the university and said stuff on Twitter and move on.

easy for you to dismiss this guy as just being "disrespectful".

oddly enough, beating up this guy would CLEARLY be grounds for dismissal
No, I’m talking specifically about the statement from the athletes. “We are demanding that Kansas State University put a policy in place that allows a student to be dismissed for displaying racist, threatening or disrespectful actions toward a student or groups of students.”

ah, yeah, I guess the "disrespectful" line is bad. meh!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2020, 09:01:10 PM »
Pretty rough ridin' stupid.  They want a policy put in place to be able to dismiss a person from the university for being disrespectful. What a clown show.

Just go beat up this individual piece of crap person who attends the university and said stuff on Twitter and move on.

easy for you to dismiss this guy as just being "disrespectful".

oddly enough, beating up this guy would CLEARLY be grounds for dismissal
No, I’m talking specifically about the statement from the athletes. “We are demanding that Kansas State University put a policy in place that allows a student to be dismissed for displaying racist, threatening or disrespectful actions toward a student or groups of students.”
Interestingly, the tweets that shitbag Jaden posted about George Floyd don’t violate any of those...
:adios:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2020, 09:24:30 PM »
With context it's clearly intended to be racist. The context being what's going on in the world

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2020, 09:34:38 PM »
With context it's clearly intended to be racist. The context being what's going on in the world
I think it’s a slight stretch to call any joke about George Floyd a racist action. I think it’s a huge stretch to say that it is a racist action against a student or group of students

Jaden is clearly a racist, and only made the joke because he is, but the joke doesn’t even meet the standards set forth by the athletes. I hope KSU can find a way to fit rid of him, this ain’t it.
:adios:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2020, 09:40:20 PM »
If KSU implements an anti-racism policy to expel this POS, I would donate significantly more than usual if the University ends up in a court battle over it. If there was ever a time to test free speech laws against anti racism policies, this is it.

The tweet itself IMO is just distasteful. But the fact it comes from a racist absolutely elevates it to a racist statement.

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 09:48:12 PM »
Stupid thing is, this dumbass k state kid tweeted a joke that was like a week old.
He just Must not be that bright,

Players are goin a tad overboard.  But Mainstream Media & Educational Indoctrination has trained them to push harder and harder.

like where does this even end?   Whats thier Utopia ?
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 09:51:05 PM »
Apparently twitter gave him a 12 hour timeout today
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline NDB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 10:02:28 PM »
If KSU implements an anti-racism policy to expel this POS, I would donate significantly more than usual if the University ends up in a court battle over it. If there was ever a time to test free speech laws against anti racism policies, this is it.

The tweet itself IMO is just distasteful. But the fact it comes from a racist absolutely elevates it to a racist statement.

Would you chip in for his lawyers fees when the university loses?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2020, 10:16:07 PM »
I think it’s a slight stretch to call any joke about George Floyd a racist action. I think it’s a huge stretch to say that it is a racist action against a student or group of students

Jaden is clearly a racist, and only made the joke because he is, but the joke doesn’t even meet the standards set forth by the athletes. I hope KSU can find a way to fit rid of him, this ain’t it.

I disagree that it doesn't meet the standards but I can see where you're coming from if you nitpick the statement.

Regardless, they aren't asking that he's expelled, they're asking for a policy that lets anyone be expelled for racist speech.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 10:33:58 PM »
That the players believe this [crass and stupid] twitter  joke is racist is pretty illuminating as to the problems that come with the [inconstititional] speech ban they are proposing. 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2020, 10:36:29 PM »
Shut up steffy.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 12:19:27 AM »
Jesus eff, I can't believe people are on this bad person's side.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 12:25:39 AM »

Would you chip in for his lawyers fees when the university loses?
Why would I do that?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 06:33:25 AM »
I don't think anybody is on this guy's side. I'm all for adding verbiage to the kstate ethics code that specifically disallows racism. They could add that, and when him or his club says something racist, expel him/them. But I agree with others that the tweet in and of itself is not racist at all. He is a racist though, which is the argument that has merit. The tweet is only tasteless.

The problem isn't expelling this obvious POS, it's potentially ushering in McCarthyism, a power that could be abused in the future. This is an interesting case study to be honest. I hope they can find a way to get rid of him and legislate specific anti racism policies in the right way.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2020, 07:21:48 AM »
I don't think anybody is on this guy's side. I'm all for adding verbiage to the kstate ethics code that specifically disallows racism. They could add that, and when him or his club says something racist, expel him/them. But I agree with others that the tweet in and of itself is not racist at all. He is a racist though, which is the argument that has merit. The tweet is only tasteless.

The problem isn't expelling this obvious POS, it's potentially ushering in McCarthyism, a power that could be abused in the future. This is an interesting case study to be honest. I hope they can find a way to get rid of him and legislate specific anti racism policies in the right way.

What leads you to believe Jaden is a racist?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 07:41:01 AM »

From what I understand he leads a white nationalist club and associates closely with "famous" white nationalist.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2020, 07:52:23 AM »

From what I understand he leads a white nationalist club and associates closely with "famous" white nationalist.

What about the America First club he founded indicates to you it is a white nationalist club?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2020, 07:59:57 AM »

What about the America First club he founded indicates to you it is a white nationalist club?
I said "from what I understand". His club's absolute values are not a hill I'm dying on. I haven't spoke with, or listened to, Nick Fuentes or Patrick Casey either. But both are widely reported as white nationalist. Jaden associates with both.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2020, 08:06:53 AM »
So you are comfortable calling him a racist by association with a club you know nothing about and people you know nothing about but his tweet making light of Lloyd’s murder isn’t racist?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2020, 08:12:30 AM »
So you are comfortable calling him a racist by association with a club you know nothing about and people you know nothing about but his tweet making light of Lloyd’s murder isn’t racist?
I'm not walking to the corner you're trying to paint me in, bro. I didn't say I know nothing about them, but admit I have limited knowledge of them because I don't listen to that type of bullshit. You'll rarely see me say what other people feel unless they explicitly say so. In this case, I should have said "he's likely a racist". I'll stand by that. If you feel differently, that's fine but I don't care.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2020, 08:13:38 AM »
https://www.k-state.edu/sga/judicial/student-code-of-conduct.html

#23 don’t be a racist bad person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2020, 08:14:27 AM »
https://www.k-state.edu/sga/judicial/student-code-of-conduct.html

#23 don’t be a racist bad person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seconded, cosign, etc.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2020, 09:27:00 AM »
the fact that so many people think that the tweet isn't racist because it doesn't use an explicit slur shows how smart and dangerous the kid is. If you read it without context, sure, it's not racist. But given that context exists, it's a clear signal both to alt-right folks across the country and to folks on campus that he's a racist and is gonna get away with it. I'm guessing many blacks and BLM supporters feel it's a threat, even if indirect, while the typical white Kansan is like "I don't see what the big deal is".

someone linked to his telegram page and I came across this (which he didn't actually type, it's kinda like a retweet), but it shows how he thinks:

combine that with his interview with the news where people were protesting his event and he's like "we just want small government, ma'am", the suits, etc., it's clear these folks are trying to brand their racist group as something that isn't a bunch of redneck confederate flag racists that everyone pictures in their head. He might be getting a little more bold than he should (getting TOO much attention) but he can push buttons, get attention, and probably most dangerously, get a following from KSU students whose parents are on KSO defending him.

https://youtu.be/s9opUXiZbA8?t=64

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2020, 09:58:34 AM »
KSO members can relax. Football won’t be canceled because of all this.

When he first saw McNeil’s offensive tweet, Alexander said his initial reaction wasn’t nuanced.

“It was, ‘Yo, you gotta go. You gotta leave K-State,’” Alexander said.

Alexander’s views slowly have shifted.

“In talking with the president, talking with the student body, talking to educated people, they’re telling us about the First Amendment,” he said. “We’re all grown. We’re all mature. We know that he won’t leave. We know that he can’t get kicked out of Kansas State just for that. ... We’re mature enough to understand that he can’t get kicked out of Kansas State just for that comment. We’re just wanting (K-State) to say, ‘We don’t respect his point of view.’”

https://themercury.com/news/local/how-kansas-state-football-players-vow-to-not-play-practice-or-meet-came-to-be/article_54f4b04b-7c49-5533-97b5-e28b12f2fbbe.html

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2020, 11:35:38 AM »
That the players believe this [crass and stupid] twitter  joke is racist is pretty illuminating as to the problems that come with the [inconstititional] speech ban they are proposing.

Tell us more about how inconstitutional it is, Steffy. :love:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12