Author Topic: Woke World . . .  (Read 17355 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Woke World . . .
« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2022, 09:07:03 PM »
snl writers and #blueanon in general:   :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Someone is saying things we don't like  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2022, 09:10:40 PM »
Fake News? Seems like Page Six reported some gossip (the only source cited by the Post is an instagram post by a staff member condemning transphobia), and a bunch of conservative leaning media amplified it, based on my Googling. Oh well, always the victims.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/10/entertainment/dave-chappelle-snl-boycott/index.html

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2022, 09:11:20 PM »
#overexplainerbot strikes again

#onbrand

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2022, 09:11:29 PM »
Seems like chappelle enjoys the freedom to say whatever he wants, the staff has the freedom to feel however they want, and it’ll be up to Lorne Michaels to keep him on as host or not.

Don’t see a problem with any of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2022, 09:14:57 PM »
This will be the highest rated show of the season. Lorne isn’t that big of a Dumbass to cancel him. Just like Howard Stern, people want to hear what he has to say next!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 10, 2022, 09:15:45 PM »
Absolutely no way they boot Chappelle.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 10, 2022, 09:17:46 PM »
Spoiler alert: Lorne Michaels, a master of his craft, is probably the person who ‘leaked the info’ of a made-up controversy so that people will tune in to see what happens.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 10, 2022, 09:18:17 PM »
We accept all points of view . . . as long as those views are in lockstep with our viewpoint (#blueanon)

But we're extremely educated and very open minded, tho (#blueanon)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 10, 2022, 09:19:49 PM »
We accept all points of view . . . as long as those views are in lockstep with our viewpoint (#blueanon)

So are you mad that chapelle had an opinion opposite a lot of people, or are you mad that the writers have an opinion opposite a lot of people?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2022, 09:20:12 PM »
I still roll with Chappelle and likely will 'til I or he dies.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 10, 2022, 09:25:19 PM »

So are you mad that chapelle had an opinion opposite a lot of people, or are you mad that the writers have an opinion opposite a lot of people?

I'm not mad at anything, I'm just  :lol: :lol: :lol: at anyone who gets mad about Dave Chappelle.

I mean, what kind of low IQ mongoloid are you if you get triggered by Dave Chappelle??

Don't associate with Kansas State University for the sake of the rest of us intelligent K-State alums if you fall under the above category.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 10, 2022, 09:26:24 PM »
Lorne helped make this issue with their narrative the past 6 seasons. Problem is, he likes $ too, so he keeps bringing back Kanye and Chapelle to try and boost his ratings. He cares about issues until it hurts his wallet.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 10, 2022, 09:28:11 PM »
this isn't really a big deal imo

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 10, 2022, 09:30:02 PM »
Lorne helped make this issue with their narrative the past 6 seasons. Problem is, he likes $ too, so he keeps bringing back Kanye and Chapelle to try and boost his ratings. He cares about issues until it hurts his wallet.
I don’t think anyone views Lorne as anything other than a businessman.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2022, 09:34:04 PM »
I don’t think anyone views Lorne as anything other than a businessman.
I’m assuming you don’t watch SNL like I do, but I can assure you he gets in his own way plenty of times. His hosts this season have been complete nobody’s and had to turn a cast over. This is a desperation move on his part.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 10, 2022, 09:35:26 PM »
this isn't really a big deal imo

Actually, it is. There’s a buncha woke moralists on staff at SNL. Up yours, woke moralists!

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2022, 09:44:15 PM »
I hope it's not true.

Otherwise, I simply can't fathom the depths of #blueanon low self esteem and fragility.   :frown:  :frown:  :frown:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2022, 10:46:40 PM »
I hope it's not true.

Otherwise, I simply can't fathom the depths of #blueanon low self esteem and fragility.   :frown:  :frown:  :frown:

It was an "article" that copied the Page Six gossip piece word for word and then added a few lines of snark at the end. There is no "UPDATE" there. And it was published yesterday, right after the Page Six story everyone is running with. For some reason, they're retweeting it tonight. Why? Probably because they know their derpy followers will just read the headline and then flame away in the comments (that means engagement!). Let not your heart be troubled. The show will go on. I'll definitely be watching it later, but not live.

I know, I know. #Explainer. The explanation isn't really directed at you as much as others who would prefer a brief digest.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2022, 10:48:28 PM »
I hope it's not true.

It was an "article" that copied the Page Six gossip piece word for word and then added a few lines of snark at the end. There is no "UPDATE" there. And it was published yesterday, right after the Page Six story everyone is running with. For some reason, they're retweeting it tonight. Why? Probably because they know their derpy followers will just read the headline and then flame away in the comments (that means engagement!). Let not your heart be troubled. The show will go on. I'll definitely be watching it later, but not live.

I know, I know. #Explainer. The explanation isn't really directed at you as much as others who would prefer a brief digest.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2022, 11:12:22 PM »
Please cross post in life and times thread.

#blueanon: We only tolerate viewpoints that align with our world view

Very open minded, tho

isn't it ironic, don't ya think?
a little too ironic, and yeah I really do think

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2022, 11:12:49 PM »
MIR might yell at me for this, but I still enjoy Chappelle most of the time, although I thought the trans jokes were a bit lazy. Punching down at a vulnerable population is rarely a good formula for comedy, though it is easy. Nevertheless, there exists a receptive audience for that content, as we can see. To the extent I can even presume to know Chappelle's actual, private, non-comedian thoughts on trans people/rights (and I'm not sure I can presume or that his beliefs are static), I disagree with his stance, and I would consider that a character flaw of his. But he's a comedian. It's comedy, not lawmaking. I'm more concerned about the latter. I think those who would feel emboldened by Chappelle sticking it to the "woke" crowd on this issue already felt antipathy towards trans folks to begin with. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2022, 11:14:19 PM »
I hope it's not true.

In the minimal recesses of your shallow little soul you know this kind of thing can, will and has happened.  Thus, you feel compelled to over explain. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2022, 11:15:05 PM »
Please cross post in life and times thread.

#blueanon: We only tolerate viewpoints that align with our world view

Very open minded, tho

isn't it ironic, don't ya think?
a little too ironic, and yeah I really do think

Nonsensical gibberish

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2022, 11:49:43 PM »