Author Topic: Chinese Soft Power  (Read 3974 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Chinese Soft Power
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:59:47 AM »
Should we be concerned about the expansion of Chinese Soft Power on the world stage?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Soft Power
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »
Should we be concerned about the expansion of Chinese Soft Power on the world stage?

:lol:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 11:19:07 AM »
Will the dispensation of medical supplies to combat a virus they unleashed on the planet ultimately be effective?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 12:32:45 PM »
Only if Joe Biden is elected #chicom
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 01:20:48 PM »
We've let General Tso run roughshod on us for decades spreading soft power.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 02:08:16 PM »
As I discussed in other threads that clearly mush brained Lick failed to read.    China has shipped defective medical supplies all over the planet.   For example they gave piles of crap ventilators (or sold actually in some cases) to Italy.  When the Italian government and healthcare workers tried to use the devices they discovered they were worthless.   When Italy inquired with the Chinese about the POS ventilators the CCP response was to mock them and tell them they were clueless and didn't know how to work the POS ventilators (one example).

In another case, another country, I believe it was an EU country found Chinese PPE by the truckload that was completely defective and worthless.

There's pages worth of discussion this.  But it just pisses off most of the resident ProgoNazi's.

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »
When Italy inquired with the Chinese about the POS ventilators the CCP response was to mock them and tell them they were clueless and didn't know how to work the POS ventilators (one example).
This sounds right out of DJT's playbook. Different sides of the same coin; China and Trump. Conning, bullying, gaslighting all in the name of money, power, and control.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »
When Italy inquired with the Chinese about the POS ventilators the CCP response was to mock them and tell them they were clueless and didn't know how to work the POS ventilators (one example).
This sounds right out of DJT's playbook. Different sides of the same coin; China and Trump. Conning, bullying, gaslighting all in the name of money, power, and control.

Yeah, I don't ever want to walk into a hospital and see a Trump Ventilator, man.

I suppose we could elect a guy like ChiCom Joe and go back to wrecking 3rd world countries full of brown people, and shaking down other countries for personal financial gain by using U.S. taxpayer funds in a carrot and stick scenario.   You know, things like that (FYI, the Ukrainians just reeled in a $6 million dollar bribe attempt to stop the investigation of Burisma, I think Romney's piss boy is still on the Burisma board).

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 10:47:24 AM »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 10:49:40 AM »
lmao

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 10:53:00 AM »
I know people who could translate but won't ask them to because LMAO who cares

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »
The "joke" going around about Xi is that he's a reincarnation of Yuan Shikai who attempted to make himself emperor.

The other line of discussion is the Han Chinese ethnic majority believes it is superior not only to the other indigenous populations of China, but to the rest of the world at large.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 06:21:21 PM »
I want to thank the U.S. State Departments for reminding me that not only did Vlad Putin repeatedly windmill on the Obama/Biden Administration.   That President Xi and the CCP also repeatedly windmilled on the Obama/Biden administration.

President and Vice President Stand Down took a policy of "non interference" relative to the Arbitral Tribunal decision of July 2016 in which the tribunal rejected the CCP's claims to the South China Sea.     The Aritral Tribunals rulings are final and not appealable.   In essence President and Vice President Stand Down asserted the the United States would do nothing to stop the CCP's ridiculous maritime and territorial claim to the region. 

The U.S. has now re-asserted itself as now being in full support of the Tribunals decision.

President and Vice President Stand Down:  A complete and total foreign policy disaster.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 10:28:57 AM »
I wonder if you could employ the same tactics with a virus.

https://www.wdbj7.com/2020/07/24/got-seeds-you-didnt-ask-for-dont-plant-them-report-them/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 10:52:24 AM »
Musk:  $1.4 billion dollars in loans from the Bank of China

Musk:  Launching our satellites

Immediate national security concern

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 06:21:34 AM »
Going to need SD to tell me how real the possibility is of the international community moving away from USD as the global currency anchor before I panic.  If the USA getting its own “digital dollar” is paramount to keeping our global standard I think we are mumped considering the position of both presidential candidates and the rest of our elderly congress.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Chinese Soft Power
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 07:18:48 AM »
Going to need SD to tell me how real the possibility is of the international community moving away from USD as the global currency anchor before I panic.  If the USA getting its own “digital dollar” is paramount to keeping our global standard I think we are mumped considering the position of both presidential candidates and the rest of our elderly congress.
You’re pretty safe at the moment. A Trump second term and I’d start buying more BTC but still relatively safe. Nobody is using a govt manipulated currency value as their basis. And despite our current manipulation we are still pretty tame. Trump may turn the screws on that more though. “digital dollar” doesn’t make sense because it’s already digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 07:40:51 AM »
“I believe a rising China is an incredibly positive development”. ChiCom Joe Biden

Now:  Industrial espionage, currency manipulation, intellectual property theft, Hong Kong, threatening Taiwan, buying up strategic properties all across the globe, a second in command and in line to replace Xi individual who believes he is the next Stalin, imposing sovereignty on the South China Sea, Belt and Road, China 2025 which seeks to place China as the preeminent manufacturer of technology in the world etc etc etc.

But hey who cares if (for example) one of the first phone calls Chi Ping Patrick Ho makes after being arrested for bribery by the FBI is to James Biden, ChiCom Joe’s brother.

The Bank of China and thus the Chinese Communist Party owns the Biden family.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 08:57:26 AM »
I agree with SD
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2021, 07:15:30 AM »
Dummies, they can hack servers on a large Enterprise network and use it/them to mine.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2021, 08:46:31 AM »
Interim Dictator Biden rolling through the SCS like a boss

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2021, 10:11:08 AM »
LickNecky:  Paying attention to the SCS since 3 days ago

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 12:30:48 PM »
Dax you are doing that thing again where you act like you know what everyone thinks and values.

btw are you going to celebrate our continued support of arms sales to Taiwan under Biden or does that hurt the narrative you are crafting
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 12:48:14 PM by LickNeckey »