Author Topic: 202x Coaching Carousel  (Read 89254 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: 202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1100 on: November 26, 2023, 12:24:08 AM »
Is John Currie leading this coach search??

Gah that was the greatest few days in football history.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 01:16:52 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 26, 2023, 09:44:44 AM »
A&M never formally offered him the job
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 26, 2023, 09:48:37 AM »
This is from The Athletic:

Texas A&M
Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops is no longer a candidate for the A&M head coaching vacancy, a source briefed on the hiring process tells The Athletic, confirming multiple reports. Stoops confirmed he was staying at Kentucky in a post to Twitter/X late Saturday night. A number of other current head coaches have been linked to the job as well, but it’s not clear how seriously.

The Aggies also like Kansas coach Lance Leipold, Duke coach Mike Elko (a former A&M defensive coordinator) and Kansas State coach Chris Klieman, sources tell The Athletic. Each is regarded as a strong leader who knows how to establish and build a strong culture. Elko had also been linked to the Michigan State vacancy until last weekend, when he informed Duke that he intended to stay, two sources briefed on the decision told The Athletic. But Michigan State is different than Texas A&M, and if the A&M brass were serious about Elko, sources expect him to be receptive.

There is one big wild card here looming. Texas A&M does have some interest in Ohio State’s Ryan Day, program sources tell The Athletic. Day is 56-7 as a head coach and 39-3 in the Big Ten after Saturday’s loss to Michigan. He came within a last-second field goal of beating Georgia last year in the College Football Playoff, but losing back-to-back games to arch-rival Michigan hangs heavy over Columbus. After that loss, Day might be more open to listening to A&M’s pitch.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 26, 2023, 09:56:53 AM »
The problem with A&M's tantrum about Stoops is that they are going to have the same tantrum about everyone not named Ryan Day, because they've convinced themselves that they are the type of program that can't take a coach like Ryan Day from Ohio State. Day has only lost 3 regular season games in 4 seasons and all 3 are to top 5 Michigan teams. He literally has the second or third best program in the country, I can't imagine he's going to leave that for a program with no championships and can barely make bowl games.

I have no idea who A&M is going to end up with. Who the hell is going to want that job?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 26, 2023, 10:15:11 AM »
Dabo
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1106 on: November 26, 2023, 10:30:44 AM »

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 26, 2023, 10:54:13 AM »
Holgerson out

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 26, 2023, 11:06:53 AM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: November 26, 2023, 11:55:40 AM »
Add Dimel to the list.  Pretty sure this is the first time in college football history that two coaches with the first name Dana have been fired in the same season.

https://x.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1728833942315552930?s=20

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1111 on: November 26, 2023, 12:03:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/reeseclarett13/status/1728514359821816153?s=61&t=kHH-k8anwIfPUMhwWRaDiA
This really is the only way A&M could land Day. tOSU fans literally only care about championships and beating Michigan. And not necessarily in that order.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 26, 2023, 01:19:40 PM »
I actually hope Day goes, A&M is still going to be mediocre and OSU will almost certainly get worse. If I'm Day there's no way I'm leaving the best job in the Big 10 to a mid tier job in the SEC, crybaby OSU fans be damned. Keep doing what you're doing at OSU and if you get fired for going 12-1 13-2 every year, you'll bounce back real easily and find a great job.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 26, 2023, 02:24:46 PM »
I actually hope Day goes, A&M is still going to be mediocre and OSU will almost certainly get worse. If I'm Day there's no way I'm leaving the best job in the Big 10 to a mid tier job in the SEC, crybaby OSU fans be damned. Keep doing what you're doing at OSU and if you get fired for going 12-1 13-2 every year, you'll bounce back real easily and find a great job.
Might be able to get a raise from OSU in the process as well.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 26, 2023, 02:45:14 PM »
The problem with A&M's tantrum about Stoops is that they are going to have the same tantrum about everyone not named Ryan Day, because they've convinced themselves that they are the type of program that can't take a coach like Ryan Day from Ohio State. Day has only lost 3 regular season games in 4 seasons and all 3 are to top 5 Michigan teams. He literally has the second or third best program in the country, I can't imagine he's going to leave that for a program with no championships and can barely make bowl games.

I have no idea who A&M is going to end up with. Who the hell is going to want that job?

I think the only person who would want that job would be someone who wants to receive over $100 million in compensation even if they are mediocre at best at their job

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 26, 2023, 04:09:26 PM »
Twitterverse is saying the Duke coach, former Aggie DC, is their current target.

https://twitter.com/JasonKirk_fyi/status/1728889902937628982?t=pjajuBDfgPEsdBKbc5P-7w&s=19

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 26, 2023, 07:53:19 PM »

I think the only person who would want that job would be someone who wants to receive over $100 million in compensation even if they are mediocre at best at their job
Sure but like half that is taxes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 26, 2023, 08:15:50 PM »

What a headache
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 26, 2023, 09:18:24 PM »

Tell me you haven’t read the Panama Papers without telling me you haven’t read the Panama Papers

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 26, 2023, 09:26:04 PM »
Oh my

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 27, 2023, 08:59:47 AM »
A lot of Carouseling this year. fun fun
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 27, 2023, 09:38:31 AM »

You would think that, but the best Frank Solich could do after getting fired at Nebraska for losing 1-3 games every year was Ohio. If I'm Day, I take the A&M money and retire early. Coaching would be super stressful and I wouldn't want to do it in my late 60s.