Author Topic: 202x Coaching Carousel  (Read 87895 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: 202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2021, 05:43:27 PM »
I want cambpell to stay at Iowa State as long as possible

Maybe you'd be more comfortable on goEMAC.com, you god damn traitor.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »
Matt Campbell isn’t making us suck Pete
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2021, 08:32:06 PM »

WELL IT DOESN'T HELP

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2021, 07:49:46 AM »

WELL IT DOESN'T HELP

I think a strong Iowa State is better for us than a shitty one. Maybe not for our W/L record but definitely for the health of the league. It's better to have good teams in your conference.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2021, 09:49:26 AM »

WELL IT DOESN'T HELP

I think a strong Iowa State is better for us than a shitty one. Maybe not for our W/L record but definitely for the health of the league. It's better to have good teams in your conference.

How in the world is Iowa State being the 2nd or 3rd best team in any given year any better than anyone else? I don't understand how this argument works for anyone outside of OU and UT.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2021, 09:50:28 AM »
I want him to leave but it's 40% because he makes Iowa State better and 60% because I want an Iowa State meltdown

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2021, 09:54:10 AM »

WELL IT DOESN'T HELP

How in the world is Iowa State being the 2nd or 3rd best team in any given year any better than anyone else?

It isn't, we're better off with multiple teams challenging OU and UT for titles, not OU and a pile of crap. I wish Gundy and Patterson were back to competing for titles, too.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »
fwiw - there were reports that Sark is keeping Andre Coleman

https://twitter.com/CoachDreColeman/status/1349021625073676290

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2021, 10:18:26 AM »
Nice
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2021, 10:34:44 AM »

WELL IT DOESN'T HELP

How in the world is Iowa State being the 2nd or 3rd best team in any given year any better than anyone else?

It isn't, we're better off with multiple teams challenging OU and UT for titles, not OU and a pile of crap. I wish Gundy and Patterson were back to competing for titles, too.

Right, not everyone can be good so Campbell himself being at Iowa State does really nothing for us or the conference anyone could be that #3. The conference was great when Iowa State was shitty.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2021, 11:18:22 AM »

WELL IT DOESN'T HELP

Right, not everyone can be good so Campbell himself being at Iowa State does really nothing for us or the conference anyone could be that #3. The conference was great when Iowa State was shitty.

I don't quite understand what you're getting at, but in general I think it's healthy for KSU when similar programs in the league keep good coaches.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2021, 11:23:54 AM »
We need OU and UT to be legit contenders every year.  That’s all that matters for the perception of the B12’s strength.  Any team can be #3, so we might as well clear out any hurdles keeping us from that spot.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2021, 11:25:03 AM »
I know Campbell has the money to get them teeth fixed. If he does that then I welcome him to stay.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2021, 11:28:19 AM »
We need OU and UT to be legit contenders every year.  That’s all that matters for the perception of the B12’s strength.  Any team can be #3, so we might as well clear out any hurdles keeping us from that spot.

This.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2021, 11:43:04 AM »

This.

I don't think that's true in the long term. ISU expanding to (and consistently filling) a 70k seat stadium full of crazy fans would be good for the league. Same with TCU, Baylor, OSU, etc. Recruits want to play in big games, they don't want to freeze their balls off in Ames in front of 30k fans for an easy win.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2021, 11:52:43 AM »

This.

I don't think that's true in the long term. ISU expanding to (and consistently filling) a 70k seat stadium full of crazy fans would be good for the league. Same with TCU, Baylor, OSU, etc. Recruits want to play in big games, they don't want to freeze their balls off in Ames in front of 30k fans for an easy win.

I agree that having better teams in the league is good and lifts the league's profile.  The main problem I have with Iowa State is that they are very underwhelming in the non-conference games.  It does little to lift the profile of the league when a team that is in the championship game lost to Louisiana.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2021, 11:57:55 AM »

This.

I'd by this if we didn't literally have the previous 23 years of evidence to the contrary. The last two seasons, the only school that has benefitted from Iowa State being good is Iowa State. K-State, TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia have all been a lot better in the recent past, than they were in 2019 & 2020. There is a finite amount of talent in this region and you're never going to convince us that having someone else coming into Wichita and Kansas City to take the players, that the bluebloods in the middle of the country don't want, is good for everyone else.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2021, 12:02:50 PM »
We need OU and UT to be legit contenders every year.  That%u2019s all that matters for the perception of the B12%u2019s strength.  Any team can be #3, so we might as well clear out any hurdles keeping us from that spot.

This.

I'd by this if we didn't literally have the previous 23 years of evidence to the contrary. The last two seasons, the only school that has benefitted from Iowa State being good is Iowa State. K-State, TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia have all been a lot better in the recent past, than they were in 2019 & 2020. There is a finite amount of talent in this region and you're never going to convince us that having someone else coming into Wichita and Kansas City to take the players, that the bluebloods in the middle of the country don't want, is good for everyone else.

well, I said long-term. I don't think short term success makes a significant difference to KSU or the league overall.

And who, (other than MAYBE LHC Bill Snyder), has been in the second tier league for 23 seasons and was widely regarded as one of the best coaching prospects in the country? I don't think the last 23 years has proven anything.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2021, 08:31:42 PM »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2021, 11:45:49 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 17, 2021, 12:50:03 PM »
A d coordinator, for that team, with that offense? Good luck, that Baylor stain seems to be hurting him more than others.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bucket