Author Topic: 202x Coaching Carousel  (Read 87897 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2020, 09:34:35 PM »

All of the Michigan fans on Twitter want Matt Campbell. It is pretty funny. Go ahead, get him out of here I definitely don’t want to see if he is going to keep that program decent.

Also Neal Brown can gtfo to uSC, we are going to need the nortards to suck crap for potato face to have any shot of winning

Neal Brown is not scary

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2020, 09:36:50 PM »

All of the Michigan fans on Twitter want Matt Campbell. It is pretty funny. Go ahead, get him out of here I definitely don’t want to see if he is going to keep that program decent.

Also Neal Brown can gtfo to uSC, we are going to need the nortards to suck crap for potato face to have any shot of winning

Neal Brown is not scary

They're beating the crap out of us on the field and in recruiting.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2020, 09:42:04 PM »

Neal Brown is not scary

They're beating the crap out of us on the field and in recruiting.
They'll tie us in the standings this year and were two games back last year. Got lucky against us last year.

Recruiting is a good point.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2020, 10:28:10 PM »
Still, good coaches are good for the league

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2020, 08:35:27 AM »
It kind of feels like Michigan is going to turn themselves into Nebraska, but they have enough resources that that probably won't happen.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2020, 09:54:35 AM »
It kind of feels like Michigan is going to turn themselves into Nebraska, but they have enough resources that that probably won't happen.

yeah they're in the middle of a densely populated region and actually have roots there and a fantastic reputation academically, too.

TBH I'd probably just ride it out with Harbaugh as long as he keeps this up:

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2020, 10:12:38 AM »
Win Totals: 10, 10, 8, 10, 9

This season sucks, but it also doesn't really count. Most of the coaches getting fired are getting fired because the school already wanted to get rid of them before the season and waiting until after saves them on the buyout. I can't imagine legitimately wanting to fire someone based on the results of this season, or giving them a big new contract, either, for that matter.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2020, 10:35:19 AM »
That's better than I rememberd, tbh. You may be right. What are his records against rivals? Not sure on Michigan State other than that one embarrassing one they gave away on a blocked punt returned for a TD on the last play of the game, but what about against Ohio State? Has The 'Baugh even been competitive in his games against them, like, at all? They're paying him either $9MM or $10MM a year, right?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2020, 10:44:58 AM »
That's better than I rememberd, tbh. You may be right. What are his records against rivals? Not sure on Michigan State other than that one embarrassing one they gave away on a blocked punt returned for a TD on the last play of the game, but what about against Ohio State? Has The 'Baugh even been competitive in his games against them, like, at all? They're paying him either $9MM or $10MM a year, right?
7.5 million (at least based on a quick Google) and he hasn't beat ohio state. That's the only rival that really matters to then but I'd still ride it out until recruiting starts to dip

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2020, 10:48:00 AM »
He's never won a game against Ohio State. He also loses bowl games regularly, which makes the win totals more impressive, imo. I wouldn't bet on their next coach beating Ohio State, either.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2020, 10:49:16 AM »
He's never won a game against Ohio State. He also loses bowl games regularly, which makes the win totals more impressive, imo. I wouldn't bet on their next coach beating Ohio State, either.
Yeah bowl games don't matter. Coaches should never be evaluated based on bowl performance unless they win the CFP

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »
Michigan has won 1 (shared) national championship since 1948, and that was 23 years ago. They have not won a conference title since 2004. It's weird that 10-2 is not a successful season there, especially coming off of Rich Rod and Hoke.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2020, 11:52:37 AM »
So Urban Meyer to UT is a thing that is going to happen isn’t it?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2020, 01:10:58 PM »
Hard to say. Prior to Herman at UT, I wouldn't think that fanbase would go that low. However, they've now had over a decade of frustration and a real string of head scratching losses by multiple coaches. They may just be willing to run a dirty program for a bit to get back on top.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »
Hard to say. Prior to Herman at UT, I wouldn't think that fanbase would go that low. However, they've now had over a decade of frustration and a real string of head scratching losses by multiple coaches. They may just be willing to run a dirty program for a bit to get back on top.

Every fan base should be willing to do that. Also, Urb has never gotten his program on probation IIRC. I guess what I’m saying is there is a difference between being a scumbag and running a dirty program.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »
I can't imagine Urban wanting to deal with UT booster crap.  That said, ND isn't likely to open anytime soon so if he wants to get back in it then UT is as good a job as he's likely to find this year. 

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2020, 05:28:12 PM »
I agree with both of those takes.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2020, 07:50:50 PM »
I can't imagine Urban wanting to deal with UT booster crap.  That said, ND isn't likely to open anytime soon so if he wants to get back in it then UT is as good a job as he's likely to find this year.

What, in your mind, does "UT booster crap" entail? I think The Urb can handle hanging out at the country club.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »

What do you mean by "go that low?" Urban Meyer hate is weird a.f. almost all of it is rooted in people hating the dude from quitting Florida before he killed himself.

Also Meyer potentially replacing Herman is hilarious and juicy. Meyer publicly slapped Herman when he took over UT because Herman kept trashing the players in the program and Chuck Strong. Urban was pissed because Will Muschamp did the same thing to Urban after he left Florida, which is hilarious in retrospect. Urban and Tom also had beef over the Zach Smith stuff.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »

What, in your mind, does "UT booster crap" entail? I think The Urb can handle hanging out at the country club.

Also this may seem crazy but UT would be a much more chill job for him than Florida or Ohio State.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2020, 08:03:28 PM »

As if Ohio State and Florida didn’t have “Booster crap”
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2020, 08:05:27 PM »

As if Ohio State and Florida didn’t have “Booster crap”

Could you imagine the backwoods hillbillies and inbreds with a little bit of money he had to deal with at those schools?

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2020, 08:06:45 PM »

“The Urb” my god it’s the best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2020, 08:09:47 PM »

Also this may seem crazy but UT would be a much more chill job for him than Florida or Ohio State.

Yeah, it's a pretty cush job. UT fans aren't super aggressive or over-the-top. If people think Urban would be heading to Midland/Odessa to eat bull nuts fried in crude oil or whatever, that's not the case. It's mostly just mingling with wealthy people in Austin, and I think he would easily fit in with that crowd.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2020, 08:11:56 PM »
It’s a slam dunk and it needs to happen. This conference needs its swag back.