Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 113503 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: The riot to reform police thread
« Reply #1575 on: September 01, 2020, 09:13:48 AM »
it was probably pretty close to inevitable - the movement has no recognized leadership, no one empowered to organize or strategize, no means of enforcing or encouraging uniformity of method or message.  but even recognizing the challenges, they've really mumped up.

and part of that is that the police have gotten smarter.  withdrawal of service is much more effective at moving public opinion to their side than beating the crap out of protestors was.

https://twitter.com/beardedcrank/status/1300398349548498945

definitely a missed opportunity. I don't know what the right org is that can do the good things "defund the police" aims to do though. Kinda disjointed

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 01, 2020, 09:37:00 AM »
it was probably pretty close to inevitable - the movement has no recognized leadership, no one empowered to organize or strategize, no means of enforcing or encouraging uniformity of method or message.  but even recognizing the challenges, they've really mumped up.

and part of that is that the police have gotten smarter.  withdrawal of service is much more effective at moving public opinion to their side than beating the crap out of protestors was.

definitely a missed opportunity. I don't know what the right org is that can do the good things "defund the police" aims to do though. Kinda disjointed

Depends on the faction.  I'd think mental health organizations could take up the call for more health professionals to assist PD and get officers more deescalation training.  Getting racism/bias out of the force feels like NAACP/ACLU.

For anything to be successful it needs support from "both sides" though.  Getting PD unions to understand this benefits their longterm cause and organization could help.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 01, 2020, 09:41:52 AM »
For anything to be successful it needs support from "both sides" though.  Getting PD unions to understand this benefits their longterm cause and organization could help.

If that's true anything that will make a difference is DOA

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 01, 2020, 10:17:34 AM »

I guess the initial push doesn't need support all around.  Guess I'm thinking getting their buy in once it's closer to a real plan and needs buyin for adoption.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 01, 2020, 02:00:32 PM »
While discussing the shooting of Jacob Blake with Fox News ahead of his visit to Kenosha, Wisconsin, President Donald Trump said some police officers who shoot unarmed suspects "choke," as if missing a 3-foot putt in golf, a comment that drew social media criticism and mockery.

Couple thoughts here.  So law enforcement loves this guy?  Equating shooting someone to choking a putt?  People that have been harmed by police shootings, ope, sorry there, just choked a bit.  Sorry you died.

What a buffoon and only thing worse is someone actually still supporting this lunatic to lead the country.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 01, 2020, 02:35:54 PM »

Depends on the faction.  I'd think mental health organizations could take up the call for more health professionals to assist PD and get officers more deescalation training.  Getting racism/bias out of the force feels like NAACP/ACLU.

You’re a pretty ignorant person if you think police officers don’t know how to de escalate these situations, they’re willfully doing the opposite bc they know they can.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 01, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
They are just choking on a 3 foot putt.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 01, 2020, 02:51:01 PM »

I guess the initial push doesn't need support all around.  Guess I'm thinking getting their buy in once it's closer to a real plan and needs buyin for adoption.

in general, eff cops' buy in. They work for their constituents and should do what the constituents ask for. Especially when they want cops to do things like murder fewer constituents.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 01, 2020, 04:19:55 PM »

in general, eff cops' buy in. They work for their constituents and should do what the constituents ask for. Especially when they want cops to do things like murder fewer constituents.

I agree they should.  I also can see the reality of it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 01, 2020, 11:33:00 PM »
BidenVoter and Antifa pasty white guy (allegedly not with mom) busted in WI.

Ol Commander Red:

https://www.wbay.com/2020/08/31/neenah-man-arrested-at-green-bay-protest-has-ties-to-antifa/

Allegedly did break down and start crying.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 01, 2020, 11:44:58 PM »
That is pretty much who I think I'm talking to when I post on this blog but with a sailor willie t-shirt on.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 01, 2020, 11:55:14 PM »
The right's ability to be terrified by antifa while making fun of guys like this for being lame sissies is pretty fascinating and hilarious

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 02, 2020, 06:41:26 AM »
The right's ability to be terrified by antifa while making fun of guys like this for being lame sissies is pretty fascinating and hilarious
An AntiFa dude blew somebody away in Portland and this guy was out on bail after being arrested for pointing a gun at a law enforcement officer.   

LOL’ing @cRusty

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 02, 2020, 08:07:50 AM »
It’s nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: September 02, 2020, 09:00:22 AM »
Mr. Fake News guy loves making Fake News.  It's great for TV.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 02, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 02, 2020, 09:17:48 AM »
Lol, smf and youtube have the records.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 02, 2020, 09:24:02 AM »
https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1301002407250472966

I don't know what "a day earlier" means.  Trump getting there?  Quicker federal intervention?

Also, I'd imagine this has been posted here during my sabbatical but in case not, here's the Kenosha sheriff advocating for concentration camps:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/kenosha-sheriff-2018-black-shoplifters-should-be-warehoused-kept-having-children/662QXLGNLFBRVGWCOCPWMQHPD4/

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 02, 2020, 11:53:44 AM »

Ol Commander Red:

https://www.wbay.com/2020/08/31/neenah-man-arrested-at-green-bay-protest-has-ties-to-antifa/

look at that terrifying monster.  Send in the guard

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 02, 2020, 11:56:47 AM »

Ol Commander Red:

look at that terrifying monster.  Send in the guard
the impending incel civil war makes me a little uneasy.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 02, 2020, 11:58:29 AM »
Indeed.  that little nerd versus the maga nerds will leave devastation across the Gamestops and Jimmy Johns that will take a long time to repair

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 02, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
As I said, no verification yet if Commander Red had mommy fronting for him on any of these incidents.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 02, 2020, 12:05:27 PM »