Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 113517 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The riot to reform police thread
« Reply #1475 on: August 28, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Disturbing thought. Makes sense, though.

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1299369043430969344

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 28, 2020, 11:48:34 AM »
Most Trumpers are very maliable and just need to watch Fox News for a few hours and are back in lockstep.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 28, 2020, 12:00:10 PM »
This is taken under advisement while pondering the Putin got Trump elected conspiracy theory.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 28, 2020, 12:20:48 PM »
Dax inadvertently brings up a great point, lots of this propaganda and disinformation by the right wing media is heavily pushed by russia
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 28, 2020, 12:46:59 PM »
fun muffin, I hope you realize that proves nothing and that Leonydus is a douche.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 28, 2020, 12:56:20 PM »
cities just need to defund, good luck with your little reform bullshit

https://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/1299398813065543686

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 28, 2020, 12:58:40 PM »
fun muffin, I hope you realize that proves nothing and that Leonydus is a douche.

it's simple math. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 28, 2020, 12:59:49 PM »

it's simple math.

If you can't understand why the Math is fudged then you're an idiot.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 28, 2020, 01:00:46 PM »
the number of white people convicted of violent crimes might go up a tad if cops were ever convicted of the violent crimes they commit

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: August 28, 2020, 01:01:48 PM »

it's simple math.

If you can't understand why the Math is fudged then you're an idiot.

Guess I'm an idiot.  But i genuinely would love to learn.  Please explain it to me. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 28, 2020, 01:06:22 PM »
I think Leonydus was trying to say that racism isn't a problem, it's just that blacks are predisposed to do more of the violent crimes

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 28, 2020, 01:27:38 PM »
fun muffin if you truly want to understand why there is more to it than math, simply look up JC Nichols and what he did with HOA Zoning.  Heavily educate yourself on systemic racism, and you will begin to learn why there may be higher crime rates in poor, heavily black populated areas.  Research why "ghetto's" exist.  Ask yourself why black people get pulled over more than white people just because they look suspicious. 

Rural white America is ignorant on the history of black suppression in this country.  They don't learn because they don't care...and because it does not affect them.  The majority of small Kansas towns (for example) do not have a single black person in them.  So why would there be any empathy towards them?

Quick Story:
My wife had a sad story about her Freshman year at Drake University.  Her sorority roommate was from very rural northern Iowa.  One day they pulled up to a gas station the first semester of college and her roommate hit the floor of the car.  My wife at the time could not understand why.  Well...it was because she saw a black man in public and immediately tagged him as a criminal.  She didn't grow up with black people in a 100 mile radius.  The only image she had was violence that was portrayed on the news and in movies.  This white blonde girl ducked in the car because she was scared of a person due to the color of his skin and the fact she thought he was going to rob the gas station. 

This still heavily exists today.  I could put many members of my rural Kansas family in a room with a bunch of black people and they would react in the most weird and uncomfortable way you could imagine.  I'm also confident a couple of my cousins would keep their hand on their knife just expecting to get robbed.

It's rough ridin' ridiculous and it needs to change.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 28, 2020, 01:38:16 PM »
You sure your wife didn't see this at a hipster coffee shop?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 28, 2020, 01:49:56 PM »
I think Leonydus was trying to say that racism isn't a problem, it's just that blacks are predisposed to do more of the violent crimes

Yeah, it seems like the only point there was to show that black people commit more crimes per million people. I'll give him credit though, at least we didn't get that idiotic "black people make up 15% of the population but commit.80% of all the crimes" bullshit.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 28, 2020, 02:06:38 PM »

Yeah, it seems like the only point there was to show that black people commit more crimes per million people. I'll give him credit though, at least we didn't get that idiotic "black people make up 15% of the population but commit.80% of all the crimes" bullshit.

I believe it also shows the police are not as racist as they are made out to be. 

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 28, 2020, 02:14:03 PM »

We have to dramatically change the way we see ourselves, people with similar views to us, and people with contrary views or it will only get worse. I don’t believe we are past the point of no return, but I have to imagine it is close.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 28, 2020, 03:11:19 PM »
The FBI's most wanted in several cities reads like a whose-who of white middle and upper middle class kids living at the very pinnacle of first world problems.   But to Da Big Sociopath's of this world, they're heroes.  Who cares if they're helping burn down black businesses and communities as long as it's all OrangeMan: Bad

Disgraceful

The good news I suppose is that appears that at least in Portland, they're hiding behind their mommies a little less these days.

link?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 28, 2020, 03:22:09 PM »

Could both changing the way police are trained and disciplined, and curtailing violent crime (regardless of race) be tools to the solution of less people being killed by police?

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 28, 2020, 03:32:52 PM »
"stop resisting"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 28, 2020, 03:48:04 PM »
1967 MAGA Cartoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 28, 2020, 04:40:21 PM »

those data are probably messy as hell, and i bet you could get wildly different results based on how you worded the survey question, but even accepting the graph as the only data source, cooper's interpretation doesn't make sense.  you get approval pretty much instantaneously bouncing up to about 53% after the floyd murder.  that approval then gradually drifts down to 49%.  you don't need to touch a trump supporter to get 53 or 49%, but more importantly, that's only about a 4% change.  the driver of the much larger change in net support is respondents changing from undecided to oppose, a change that happened more gradually than the change from undecided to support which is almost a straight line up right after floyd was murdered.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 28, 2020, 04:43:02 PM »

i thought defund the police was just a clever slogan for reforming the police?

the idea that "well, we can't pass minor policing reforms, i guess we'll just abolish the police instead" is an amusing response.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 28, 2020, 04:55:44 PM »

the idea that "well, we can't pass minor policing reforms, i guess we'll just abolish the police instead" is an amusing response.

well major budget cuts is happening locally

major budget cuts locally are way more feasible than seemingly common sense reforms in one of the most liberal states in the country. but have fun with this!