Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 114470 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The riot to reform police thread
« Reply #1450 on: August 27, 2020, 08:41:27 PM »
What’s the plan for weeding all the bad guys out?

Arrests and convictions for not only officers who use excessive force but for those who sit by and watch, you know like they do for other criminals.

All officers tried for crimes should be tried outside of the jurisdictions they work in. Judges would assign the jurisdictions, DA offices get no say.

Firings for chiefs and or captains in departments with high numbers of excessive force cases and departments with low scores in the DOJ civil rights score card.

Only hire officers who live in the jurisdiction they are working in.

Change training to reflect policing as guardianship and not with a warrior mentality.

Aggressive and constant anti-bias training

Not all officers get service weapons, they are earned with service time, spotless record, and rank.

And all these mayors/cities allowing them to run around without bodycams should be held accountable

Yep

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 27, 2020, 08:43:21 PM »

I agree we have a gun saturated country and police do need them unfortunately.

Not all of them

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 27, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »

I agree we have a gun saturated country and police do need them unfortunately.

Not all of them

also agree

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 27, 2020, 08:45:12 PM »
Also bodycams won't do crap when a slight motion to the waist is justification for murdering someone

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 27, 2020, 08:48:45 PM »
another product of shitty parenting by the so-called "family values" right

And you were the product of the mumped up parenting by the "wtf family value" left?  Got it.  For you to think you know what kind of family this kid grew up in is hilarious. And no, not defending this kid.  Just stating that you think you know why he did what he did because of how he was raised is laughable. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: August 27, 2020, 08:51:18 PM »

Take away their guns

Oh so there is no plan.  Glad we worked through that.  The only thing you can do is make them all wear bodycams and prosecute them for murder if they kill someone unjustly.

Wow prosecuting murdering cops is a great plan. Congrats on solving this

I know. It’s the foundation of our entire criminal justice system.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 27, 2020, 09:02:03 PM »

Arrests and convictions for not only officers who use excessive force but for those who sit by and watch, you know like they do for other criminals.

All officers tried for crimes should be tried outside of the jurisdictions they work in. Judges would assign the jurisdictions, DA offices get no say.

Firings for chiefs and or captains in departments with high numbers of excessive force cases and departments with low scores in the DOJ civil rights score card.

Only hire officers who live in the jurisdiction they are working in.

Change training to reflect policing as guardianship and not with a warrior mentality.

Aggressive and constant anti-bias training

Not all officers get service weapons, they are earned with service time, spotless record, and rank.

And all these mayors/cities allowing them to run around without bodycams should be held accountable

Yep

I was going to mention terminating officers for prior misconduct relating to abuse/overuse of force but I got lazy.  It is also probably a lot easier said than done especially in instances without video footage.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 27, 2020, 09:20:34 PM »

And you were the product of the mumped up parenting by the "wtf family value" left?  Got it.  For you to think you know what kind of family this kid grew up in is hilarious. And no, not defending this kid.  Just stating that you think you know why he did what he did because of how he was raised is laughable.

Yo, Triggered Tommy, his mom was there with him.
https://twitter.com/oldyes79/status/1299104759752859649

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 27, 2020, 09:33:00 PM »

Hey, it's my favorite bigot chiming in.  What a shock!  Pretty sure I can guess what kind of family environment you grew up in..  :rolleyes:

And, I didn't know that his mom took him there.  That is unfortunate but I would still never pass judgement on how someone was raised. No one knows what mumped up things people deal with growing up.   

Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 27, 2020, 09:41:33 PM »
Yeah having a militia nerd as a mom would eff you up
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 27, 2020, 09:44:54 PM »
 :excited:
Yeah having a militia nerd as a mom would eff you up

True that!  What was your cause?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 27, 2020, 09:45:47 PM »
It doesn't really look like her  :dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 27, 2020, 09:46:03 PM »
Latchkey kid
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 27, 2020, 09:54:26 PM »

Hey, it's my favorite bigot chiming in.  What a shock!  Pretty sure I can guess what kind of family environment you grew up in..  :rolleyes:

And, I didn't know that his mom took him there.  That is unfortunate but I would still never pass judgement on how someone was raised. No one knows what mumped up things people deal with growing up.

I'm actually interested in hearing your guess here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 27, 2020, 10:01:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/billforpa14/status/1298973208444637191?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/BillforPA14/status/1298973210231308289

gee, ya think, Bill?

Want to be further discouraged by cops? I posted this, without comment, at KSO and tagged a dude who says he's a cop. Here are his responses.

More generalization and stereotyping.

I've had officers tell me similar, just like citizens tell me similar. Has nothing to do with profession.

Someone else posted this in response to his reply

If you have had officers tell you similar, isn't that an indicator of a problem. A few too many guys that think like that in the police department.
And I still believe they must be a small minority. But one guy like Chauvin can cause a lot of problems.
So how do you weed guys like that out of the police?
Would make things a lot better for police who do their job correctly.

His reply couldn't be more dismissive
You don't, the same way you don't weed them out of society.

People are people. They aren't allowed to have opinions? I didn't say they'd act on them.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 27, 2020, 10:06:59 PM »

I'm actually interested in hearing your guess here.

Well you got me here.  I have no idea as does anyone else?  I'm not going to waste anyones time trying to figure out how he was raised or how all these people who burn crap and loot were raised.  Why get in an argument that they must have been raised better because they didn't kill someone...??  I think both could have been raised better.  Maybe we should start a thread on that?

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 27, 2020, 10:07:48 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 27, 2020, 11:16:01 PM »
are you ok purp wood?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 28, 2020, 02:15:52 AM »
https://twitter.com/billforpa14/status/1298973208444637191?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/BillforPA14/status/1298973210231308289

gee, ya think, Bill?

Want to be further discouraged by cops? I posted this, without comment, at KSO and tagged a dude who says he's a cop. Here are his responses.

More generalization and stereotyping.

I've had officers tell me similar, just like citizens tell me similar. Has nothing to do with profession.

Someone else posted this in response to his reply

If you have had officers tell you similar, isn't that an indicator of a problem. A few too many guys that think like that in the police department.
And I still believe they must be a small minority. But one guy like Chauvin can cause a lot of problems.
So how do you weed guys like that out of the police?
Would make things a lot better for police who do their job correctly.

His reply couldn't be more dismissive
You don't, the same way you don't weed them out of society.

People are people. They aren't allowed to have opinions? I didn't say they'd act on them.

His latest reply is insane. This is a cop in the streets of some city right now.
I didnt deflect and condone.

I said they're people, be accepting of opinions and the world is a way less angry place.

Being accepting of others would do a lot of good for you personally.

But continue blaming everyone else.

For a refresher, these are the opinions he's asking us to accept.
https://twitter.com/BillforPA14/status/1298973208444637191

I don't know how anyone could openly advocate for this type of language, these people are patrolling our streets. I cringe when I hear ACAB, but maybe I'm wrong.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 28, 2020, 07:49:09 AM »
the little incel called a friend to announce he killed somebody before he went out looking for more.  No wonder he is an incel hero.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 28, 2020, 08:25:25 AM »
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 28, 2020, 08:28:54 AM »
the little incel called a friend to announce he killed somebody before he went out looking for more.  No wonder he is an incel hero.

But right-wing media personalities tell me he was probably calling 911?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 28, 2020, 08:30:34 AM »
The FBI's most wanted in several cities reads like a whose-who of white middle and upper middle class kids living at the very pinnacle of first world problems.   But to Da Big Sociopath's of this world, they're heroes.  Who cares if they're helping burn down black businesses and communities as long as it's all OrangeMan: Bad

Disgraceful

The good news I suppose is that appears that at least in Portland, they're hiding behind their mommies a little less these days.