Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 111210 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The riot thread
« Reply #400 on: May 31, 2020, 09:46:59 PM »
I enjoyed the part where he said your thoughts and desires were as crazy as bqqkies.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2020, 09:49:13 PM »
I've seen a lot of tweets like "THE MEDIA WON'T SHOW THIS":

https://twitter.com/XruthxNthr/status/1266928366000594944

and it's like yeah that's why people feel the need to riot. no one gives a crap (especially the media) otherwise

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2020, 09:59:14 PM »

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2020, 10:02:29 PM »
It’s truly amazing to see who is “team riot & death” and who is “team law and order” here at gE.

WTAF is wrong with you but jobs?

Which team was Derek Chauvin on?

Just when I think you couldn’t be any dumber, you go and prove me wrong. Congrats!!

Same team as you.

Yeah these judgmental, double standard pieces of crap do not have a clue.

https://abc7news.com/officers-shot-oakland-shooting-federal-building/6221576/

What about this guy Tsolid?

I'd love to play the game of trading stories of shitty things done to cops with shitty things cops have done to others, I'll win. Wanna play?

I'm sure you would win and unfortunately I think that's a moot point.  I have an issue with people thinking that violence and killing is the way to go about change.

Are you familiar with the history of this country, hell of the world? If people in the position of power were interested in change and reform, it would have happened already. Honestly, the last night I was starting to waver about how I felt when I saw what was happening in LA, but seeing all of these videos of cops in this midst of this, behaving like thugs who know there are no repercussions for their actions, I've swung to the extreme. I want fires, I want violence, I want bloodshed. I want whatever is needed to make people realize that sweeping change is essential, not recommended or suggested. What has happened so far has clearly had no effect. We've gotten no public arrests of all of these cops assaulting citizens.

The problem is the killing of black people is a distraction. It is what happens when their everyday behavior of brutality and abuses of power take it one step farther. Something extreme has to happen to make you all listen, none of this crap is new nor are the grievances of the behavior.

I may or may not be as familiar with these things as you but please don't paint your broad brush of no one ever having interest in making change or reform.  This diatribe of all cops are "thugs" and will never suffer a repercussion is total b.s. and you know it. If you think that fires and violence and bloodshed is the answer, more power to you.  I can appreciate someones conviction to a point  but hope you will suffer the consequences if you participate in such anarchy.  I think it's funny that it's so easy for you to crap on bookie and call him names when some of your beliefs in what needs to happen in your eyes maybe aren't so different or "insane" than his?

Something extreme might need to happen to stop this reprehensible behavior but all these dolts who haven't done crap other than pound on their keyboard and paste twitter feeds and express their :curse: :curse:is laughable.  I honestly haven't heard much on this thread at all other than approval of riots/violence to "wake up" those people who can make a change.  It's a joke.

I'll start with what I bolded. Are you rough ridin' crazy? Jesus, only 1/4 of George Floyd's murders have even been convicted. We've seen protesters and looters arrested, how many of the cops assaulting protesters, journalists, or even people just rubbernecking have been arrested?

I don't think fires and bloodshed will be the answer because it won't be able to be done long enough to get the attention of people like you to take it seriously. It's actually going to take a war to get the criminal justice and social justice reforms needed to make all citizens of this country feel safe and protected. Given that's not going to happen, I guess we're stuck. Stop acting like police brutality and racial injustice are new concepts are new. The time for talking has long past because you actually aren't interested in anything that has been said for literally hundreds of years.

Bookie has come no where close to advocating anything that I am. Again, if you think I'm crazy or whatever, I couldn't care less, you can't even read.

Who says I'm not taking it seriously?  Maybe you think that because I called you out on wanting to be violent and create bloodshed and I don't?  I don't think that's the route.  Then you have the balls to say that I think police brutality and racial injustice are new?  Go eff yourself bud.  You have no clue who I am or what I think.  Project that crap on someone else. 

If you think having a war is what it's going to take to change things then yes, I think you're crazy.  Btw, that's what Bookie thinks needs to happen for his convictions to come to fruition (lol). I read fine bud.  Maybe you're the one with the comprehension issues?
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 31, 2020, 10:12:09 PM »
this kid started calling out politicians who took cop money and they're starting to donate it

https://twitter.com/aaronnarraph/status/1266906717834686470

https://twitter.com/SenGianaris/status/1267108084792594432

hopefully we get to a point where taking money from cops is like taking money from white supremacists because really is there that much of a difference?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2020, 10:23:43 PM »
to everyone talking about voting: i can smell your white privilege from here

we have set up our electoral system so that the vast majority of votes don't matter. we gerrymander, we purge voter rolls, and we make it as inconvenient as possible for poor people/poor people of color to vote. PLUS, actually having the time to properly research the best sheriffs, judges, and other (way, waaay-)down ballot candidates (when they aren't running rough ridin' unopposed) is a luxury that most poor and working class people of color simply DO NOT HAVE.

get the eff out of here with that bullshit.
I’m saying the whites are the ones who need to vote, dummy. That’s why I think the wanton destruction of property could lead to a positive change by forcing people to pay attention. Even if the destruction is disproportionately affecting innocent people.

JFC. am i taking crazy pills?!? whites aren't the one who have problems voting, dummy. white people thinking they need to decide what's in the best interest of black people doesn't fix the problem. un-rough ridin'-believable.

What on earth is your point? First you say black people have been disenfranchised and can’t effectively vote their own fate, and then you say whites shouldn’t think they are responsible for voting in the interest of minorities?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2020, 10:25:52 PM »
I don't see a correlation between cops and white supremacists. I'm very much in the "there are some bad apples" camp. I think unions are good so they are protected and paid. I understand this might be viewed as counterproductive, but I think it's important cops are protected and paid.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:38:45 PM by bucket »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2020, 10:31:52 PM »
I absolutely think there are a shitload of secret white supremacists or at minimum power hungry alt-right types who become cops.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2020, 10:37:07 PM »
I absolutely think there are a shitload of secret white supremacists or at minimum power hungry alt-right types who become cops.

In all seriousness. It's surprising that we haven't heard anyone speak about the insides of a police precint. No documentaries or anything that I'm aware of.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 31, 2020, 11:21:06 PM »
to everyone talking about voting: i can smell your white privilege from here

we have set up our electoral system so that the vast majority of votes don't matter. we gerrymander, we purge voter rolls, and we make it as inconvenient as possible for poor people/poor people of color to vote. PLUS, actually having the time to properly research the best sheriffs, judges, and other (way, waaay-)down ballot candidates (when they aren't running rough ridin' unopposed) is a luxury that most poor and working class people of color simply DO NOT HAVE.

get the eff out of here with that bullshit.
I’m saying the whites are the ones who need to vote, dummy. That’s why I think the wanton destruction of property could lead to a positive change by forcing people to pay attention. Even if the destruction is disproportionately affecting innocent people.

JFC. am i taking crazy pills?!? whites aren't the one who have problems voting, dummy. white people thinking THEY need to decide what's in the best interest of black people doesn't fix the problem. un-rough ridin'-believable.

What on earth is your point? First you say black people have been disenfranchised and can’t effectively vote their own fate, and then you say whites shouldn’t think they are responsible for voting in the interest of minorities?

That's NOT what I said. Those two bolded parts are very different.
We need to enfranchise communities of color so that they speak out in their own voice, so that their lives, their cares and their concerns are taken just as seriously as those of white people.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 31, 2020, 11:21:51 PM »
I don't see a correlation between cops and white supremacists. I'm very much in the "there are some bad apples" camp. I think unions are good so they are protected and paid. I understand this might be viewed as counterproductive, but I think it's important cops are protected and paid.

A better comparison would probably be a progressive candidate refusing to take money from Big Oil or something. Cops are somewhere between big oil and white supremacists IMO.

I think that if cops exist they should be paid, but they shouldn't be protected in the way they are now. There needs to be some serious reform.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 31, 2020, 11:22:36 PM »
It’s truly amazing to see who is “team riot & death” and who is “team law and order” here at gE.

WTAF is wrong with you but jobs?

Which team was Derek Chauvin on?

Just when I think you couldn’t be any dumber, you go and prove me wrong. Congrats!!

Same team as you.

Yeah these judgmental, double standard pieces of crap do not have a clue.

https://abc7news.com/officers-shot-oakland-shooting-federal-building/6221576/

What about this guy Tsolid?

I'd love to play the game of trading stories of shitty things done to cops with shitty things cops have done to others, I'll win. Wanna play?

I'm sure you would win and unfortunately I think that's a moot point.  I have an issue with people thinking that violence and killing is the way to go about change.

Are you familiar with the history of this country, hell of the world? If people in the position of power were interested in change and reform, it would have happened already. Honestly, the last night I was starting to waver about how I felt when I saw what was happening in LA, but seeing all of these videos of cops in this midst of this, behaving like thugs who know there are no repercussions for their actions, I've swung to the extreme. I want fires, I want violence, I want bloodshed. I want whatever is needed to make people realize that sweeping change is essential, not recommended or suggested. What has happened so far has clearly had no effect. We've gotten no public arrests of all of these cops assaulting citizens.

The problem is the killing of black people is a distraction. It is what happens when their everyday behavior of brutality and abuses of power take it one step farther. Something extreme has to happen to make you all listen, none of this crap is new nor are the grievances of the behavior.

I may or may not be as familiar with these things as you but please don't paint your broad brush of no one ever having interest in making change or reform.  This diatribe of all cops are "thugs" and will never suffer a repercussion is total b.s. and you know it. If you think that fires and violence and bloodshed is the answer, more power to you.  I can appreciate someones conviction to a point  but hope you will suffer the consequences if you participate in such anarchy.  I think it's funny that it's so easy for you to crap on bookie and call him names when some of your beliefs in what needs to happen in your eyes maybe aren't so different or "insane" than his?

Something extreme might need to happen to stop this reprehensible behavior but all these dolts who haven't done crap other than pound on their keyboard and paste twitter feeds and express their :curse: :curse:is laughable.  I honestly haven't heard much on this thread at all other than approval of riots/violence to "wake up" those people who can make a change.  It's a joke.

I'll start with what I bolded. Are you rough ridin' crazy? Jesus, only 1/4 of George Floyd's murders have even been convicted. We've seen protesters and looters arrested, how many of the cops assaulting protesters, journalists, or even people just rubbernecking have been arrested?

I don't think fires and bloodshed will be the answer because it won't be able to be done long enough to get the attention of people like you to take it seriously. It's actually going to take a war to get the criminal justice and social justice reforms needed to make all citizens of this country feel safe and protected. Given that's not going to happen, I guess we're stuck. Stop acting like police brutality and racial injustice are new concepts are new. The time for talking has long past because you actually aren't interested in anything that has been said for literally hundreds of years.

Bookie has come no where close to advocating anything that I am. Again, if you think I'm crazy or whatever, I couldn't care less, you can't even read.

Who says I'm not taking it seriously?  Maybe you think that because I called you out on wanting to be violent and create bloodshed and I don't?  I don't think that's the route.  Then you have the balls to say that I think police brutality and racial injustice are new?  Go eff yourself bud.  You have no clue who I am or what I think.  Project that crap on someone else. 

If you think having a war is what it's going to take to change things then yes, I think you're crazy.  Btw, that's what Bookie thinks needs to happen for his convictions to come to fruition (lol). I read fine bud.  Maybe you're the one with the comprehension issues?

Why do I have to know who you are? You don't know me either, what's your point? I don't care about you calling me out, I don't know you or care about you, I've said this more than once. I also don't care about bookie, I don't know if you keep bringing him up because you want to shame me, but that won't work, at all.

What I do know is that a revolution in this country has never happened without bloodshed. Meaningful police reforms have never happened. It took a civil war for my people to be freed from indentured servitude. It took another 100 years and millions of the people lynched before there was civil rights legislation. It took the murder of three civil rights workers to get the voting rights act, which has essentially been gutted since. It took multiple assassinations and riots to get further civil rights legislation. I don't know what you have to continue to not seeing that makes you think just sitting by waiting for white men to do the right thing is a dead end.

There literally has been no positive movement in 55 years, this is completely inarguable. I don't know why this hurts you so much, nothing is going to happen anyway.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 31, 2020, 11:23:13 PM »

have you ever heard the term "ghost skin" before?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 31, 2020, 11:36:27 PM »

I hadn't until a quick google search. I still feel the same. Their job puts them in extraorindary danger. They need to be protected. However, I feel the pay results in them having few good applicants. Thus the bad apples.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 31, 2020, 11:50:19 PM »

I hadn't until a quick google search. I still feel the same. Their job puts them in extraorindary danger. They need to be protected. However, I feel the pay results in them having few good applicants. Thus the bad apples.

Here's a pro-tip:   Hate group infiltration of Law Enforcement began to be investigated as early as 2006 under the administration of the hated George W. Bush, it accelerated into the subsequent years until Barry Obama's DHS director Janet Napolitano issued a report that basically said that anyone with a military background in law enforcement was basically a skin head white supremacist.   So in essence, it was a shitty and worthless effort that would instantly set DHS and it's director up for criticism.   So, instead of going back and starting over and actually drilling down and separating the fact from the broad brushed BS.    Napolitano cancelled the whole thing.   This all happened around 2009.   Not surprisingly the utterly worthless James Comey didn't put any fight when the entire project was cancelled.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 01, 2020, 12:03:53 AM »
It's unreal how much crap like this we've seen the last few days. eff cops.

https://twitter.com/SophiaLeeHyun/status/1267216604388978689
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 12:10:20 AM by michigancat »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2020, 12:18:19 AM »
That crap is horrible.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2020, 12:20:42 AM »
ehhhh, grey area...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 01, 2020, 12:29:05 AM »
ehhhh, grey area...
lol you're kidding.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile