Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 105356 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: The riot thread
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 08:44:56 AM »
Just for my own understanding, because i'm pretty torn on this, is there any point short of murder where the riot/protest crosses from the morally neutral "language of the unheard" territory and into "ok this is wrong and needs to be stopped"? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 08:46:21 AM »
Civil remedies should always be available.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
I think that the "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" is the single worst thing that Trump has said.  He's advocating killing his own country's citizens without a trial for property damage and theft.  That's abhorrent.

It's so horrible, I thought it was from a parody account because that would be over the top even for him.  Nope.  There is no bottom.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 08:48:08 AM »
DLew, I thought before maybe it would be burning down a police station, but now that it happened, nope that's not the line for me

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 08:49:08 AM »

They burned down the precinct. Good for them!

Come on cRusty, wtf is wrong with you? This is terrible. What the cops did was terrible and they should be charged with murder but celebrating burning down a precinct, I mean come on man.

Peaceful protest won't do crap. You think I'm starting a thread or they're getting Trump's attention if they have a goddam candlelight vigil?

Burning down your own community is rough ridin' stupid. Nothing is getting Trumps attention, he doesn’t give a crap about who died. He’s probably happy about it tbh.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2020, 08:50:34 AM »
I think that the "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" is the single worst thing that Drumpf has said.  He's advocating killing his own country's citizens without a trial for property damage and theft.  That's abhorrent.

It's so horrible, I thought it was from a parody account because that would be over the top even for him.  Nope.  There is no bottom.

I would seriously just wait for his response for the incitement of violence twitter put on him. I would be that will cause the new lows to continue.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2020, 08:53:48 AM »

Come on cRusty, wtf is wrong with you? This is terrible. What the cops did was terrible and they should be charged with murder but celebrating burning down a precinct, I mean come on man.

Peaceful protest won't do crap. You think I'm starting a thread or they're getting Trump's attention if they have a goddam candlelight vigil?

Burning down your own community is rough ridin' stupid. Nothing is getting Trumps attention, he doesn’t give a crap about who died. He’s probably happy about it tbh.

what have the police, autozone, and target done for that community?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 08:58:33 AM »
TARGET BUILT THE BASEBALL STADIUM!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2020, 08:58:42 AM »

Did you seriously just ask me what Target has done for the Minneapolis community? Well let’s see, for one there is a rough ridin' stadium called...Target Field. I would imagine Target has done a rough ridin' ton for the Minneapolis community over the years.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »
TARGET BUILT THE BASEBALL STADIUM!

The soothsayer
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »
A baseball stadium? Oh well, why didn't someone say something before hand.

Did they actually build it or did they just pay millions of dollars to have their name put on it for marketing purposes?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »
Did you seriously just ask me what Target has done for the Minneapolis community? Well let’s see, for one there is a rough ridin' stadium called...Target Field. I would imagine Target has done a rough ridin' ton for the Minneapolis community over the years.

Target Field wasn't for the people of George Floyd's community.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 09:03:39 AM »
I don't like rough ridin' with businesses, but 100% support rough ridin' up every piece of police property. The people gave them their tools and we have the right to take them back if they aren't used properly. I hope the procecuters office is next.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2020, 09:04:09 AM »

my guess would be harass, overcharge, and underpay, respectively.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2020, 09:09:45 AM »

Target Field wasn't for the people of George Floyd's community.
This is why I never get into these discussions. You guys cherry pick crap. Large corporations buy naming rights on stadiums and stuff but they still give back to their communities. It’s never enough and maybe a publicity thing but they still give back to their entire community in some way, at least in the HQ city.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2020, 09:10:08 AM »

I think the damage is far more widespread than police, autozone and target. 

https://www.startribune.com/mpls-small-business-owners-pick-up-pieces-after-night-of-destruction/570833292/
Elias Usso got an alert at home around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when an alarm went off at his small pharmacy near Lake Street and Hiawatha Avenue.

Then he watched the live security footage on his phone as looters ransacked the Seward Pharmacy shelves, set a small fire in the back and carted out a safe holding prescription drugs. “I saw the whole thing — it was agonizing,” he said Thursday afternoon as workers mopped up floors drenched from sprinklers and boarded up the shattered store windows. “My biggest concern is that my customers won’t be able to get their prescriptions on time. That’s a nightmare for a pharmacist.”

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2020, 09:11:52 AM »
I don't think they were a target of the protests, they just got good stuff to loot!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 09:13:33 AM »
To be honest, few people were paying attention when it was peaceful and they were being hit with tear gas for no reason.  Once crap started burning, people started to pay attention.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2020, 09:13:53 AM »
Here's the guy who busted up the Autozone windows, fwiw:
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1266146369905070080?s=20

Video of him actually breaking them is down the thread.
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2020, 09:14:04 AM »
whatever was acceptable before as a form of protest was certainly not working. I'd have a hard time explaining my line in the sand without specific examples. certainly physically hurting humans is too far. burning down an innocent persons home is too far. burning down a small business is too far. all imo obviously.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2020, 09:14:19 AM »
A baseball stadium? Oh well, why didn't someone say something before hand.

Did they actually build it or did they just pay millions of dollars to have their name put on it for marketing purposes?
Given that MSP is a huge hub for them I’m also guessing Target employs a crap ton of residents.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2020, 09:15:51 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2020, 09:18:05 AM »
I know this is not right but since it appears nobody was seriously hurt i'm going to say it: lmao

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »
https://twitter.com/bellers03/status/1266174838374313992?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only our great country can somehow find a way to outshine a pandemic killing 100k Americans.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2020, 09:19:21 AM »
I know this is not right but since it appears nobody was seriously hurt i'm going to say it: lmao

I thought everybody chasing the car on foot was pretty LOL