Author Topic: SARS-CoV-2: Geo-Politics/Vaccine/Origins/New Virus specific studies  (Read 3905 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
New Chinese study indicates that SARS-CoV2 has HIV similar traits in immune system avoidance.   Keeping in mind that the agenda oriented "scientific" community completely lost their crap when this was first levied by the scientist who discovered the HIV virus so many years ago.   HIV still has no vaccine nearly 4 decades later. 

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3086177/coronavirus-uses-same-strategy-hiv-dodge-immune-response-chinese

Both viruses remove marker molecules on the surface of an infected cell that are used by the immune system to identify invaders, the researchers said in a non-peer reviewed paper posted on preprint website bioRxiv.org on Sunday. They warned that this commonality could mean Sars-CoV-2, the clinical name for the virus, could be around for some time, like HIV.
Virologist Zhang Hui and a team from Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou also said their discovery added weight to clinical observations that the coronavirus was showing “some characteristics of viruses causing chronic infection”.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What are some of the leading theories about race and coronavirus transmission?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Yesterday it occurred to me (or maybe I read it somewhere), that one explanation for black people getting hit disproportionately hard is covid's link to vitamin d -- something black people disproportionately lack.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Yesterday it occurred to me (or maybe I read it somewhere), that one explanation for black people getting hit disproportionately hard is covid's link to vitamin d -- something black people disproportionately lack.

This made me think of Dave Chappelle's sunny d bit

Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

This made me think of Dave Chappelle's sunny d bit

What the eff is JUICE?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yep there has been zero discussion on a national and international level regarding the virus' impact on people of various ethnic groups.

Any discussion along those lines is just racism.

Nice job at trying to hijack the thread chum, Useful Idiot.9 and Phil

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There's already been discussion in the medical community about the need for people of color to increase their Vit D intake over and above that of lighter skinned people, last article I saw the recommendation was approx 3x RDA.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Black people are disproportionately poor, and live in crowded places. Boom rona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What if black Southerners ate bats?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Yep there has been zero discussion on a national and international level regarding the virus' impact on people of various ethnic groups.

maybe make another thread and change the titles around again, that's super great.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

maybe make another thread and change the titles around again, that's super great.

It's great that you and the rest of the Useful Idiots are in your usual  :curse: :curse: :curse: mode, that you want to wreck this thread.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What if black Southerners ate bats?

Oh look, chum is being a passive aggressive douche-bag again and as usual.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

It's great that you and the rest of the Useful Idiots are in your usual  :curse: :curse: :curse: mode, that you want to wreck this thread.

I made one Chappelle joke light up Francis. Your thread starting ability isn't that great.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I made one Chappelle joke light up Francis. Your thread starting ability isn't that great.

It's only the beginning of the usual Phil total meltdown/drama boy machine that breaks out in every thread that goes against your own self affirming internal narrative and partisanship.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

It's only the beginning of the usual Phil total meltdown/drama boy machine that breaks out in every thread that goes against your own self affirming internal narrative and partisanship.

What do you want this thread to focus on? I'll help you out bud.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A few updates as Europe approaches 2 million confirmed cases since the deceleration of a Pandemic.

A little CYA'ing by the NIH director while this little tidbit gets dropped, I believe "Eco Alliance" is run by Fauci's buddy:

Collins refused to comment on his agency’s recent — and controversial — decision to pull funding from researchers studying how coronaviruses spread from bats to people. In late April the NIH told the EcoHealth Alliance, whose collaborators included scientists at the Wuhan virology lab, that its project did not “align with the program goals and agency priorities.”   

So one minute, we're bitching about the Chinese cover-up:  Failure to give access, failure to provide information on patient zero(es), disappearing doctors and researchers, shutting down labs working on SARS-Covid2 research and saying things like it's determinatal to finding vaccines and tracing the origins and history of the novel virus.   The next minute, we're shutting down research into that very thing because it doesn't "align with the program goals and agency priorities".

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/27/nih-director-wuhan-coronavirus-collins-285681

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Wrong thread perpetually  :curse: Chum

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

A doctor was on Joe Rogan last week or the week before and said vitamin D has had the strongest correlation with being able to combat COVID-19. Lighter color of skin can absorb much more through the sun than darker skin can, so that could explain the discrepancy between white people and black people contracting it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
great job outta rogan and guest in explaining a phenomenon that may or not exist based on a correlation that may or may not exist with another phenomenon that may or may not exist.  a joy to see science in action.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
great job outta rogan and guest in explaining a phenomenon that may or not exist based on a correlation that may or may not exist with another phenomenon that may or may not exist.  a joy to see science in action.

Please stick to total SWAG and often wrong modelers.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I don't listen to Rogan, but it seems like it's a pretty short logical leap.

The virus disproportionately affects people with low vitamin d levels.

Black people disproportionately lack vitamin d.

The virus disproportionately affects black people.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200507121353.htm

It appears that very real doctors/scientists are performing very real research relative to Vit D and SARS-Cov2

"While I think it is important for people to know that vitamin D deficiency might play a role in mortality, we don't need to push vitamin D on everybody," said Northwestern's Vadim Backman, who led the research. "This needs further study, and I hope our work will stimulate interest in this area. The data also may illuminate the mechanism of mortality, which, if proven, could lead to new therapeutic targets."

"Instead, we saw a significant correlation with vitamin D deficiency," he said.

By analyzing publicly available patient data from around the globe, Backman and his team discovered a strong correlation between vitamin D levels and cytokine storm -- a hyperinflammatory condition caused by an overactive immune system -- as well as a correlation between vitamin D deficiency and mortality.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
The virus disproportionately affects people with low vitamin d levels.

Black people disproportionately lack vitamin d.

The virus disproportionately affects black people.

evidence for any of the above, please (but replace "affects" with "infects" and/or "evidences more severe symptoms in", because they aren't synonyms).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."