Author Topic: SARS-CoV-2: Geo-Politics/Vaccine/Origins/New Virus specific studies  (Read 3907 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
It appears that very real doctors/scientists are performing very real research relative to Vit D and SARS-Cov2

real scientists undertaking real research is one of the best ways to figure out if phenemena that may or may not exist, exist or not.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
I admit I started taking my multivitamin again when I heard this vitamin d thing.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
The virus disproportionately affects people with low vitamin d levels.

After studying global data from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, researchers have discovered a strong correlation between severe vitamin D deficiency and mortality rates.
https://neurosciencenews.com/vitamin-d-coronavirus-mortality-16349/

Black people disproportionately lack vitamin d.

Vitamin D insufficiency is more prevalent among African Americans (blacks) than other Americans and, in North America, most young, healthy blacks do not achieve optimal 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] concentrations at any time of year. This is primarily due to the fact that pigmentation reduces vitamin D production in the skin. Also, from about puberty and onward, median vitamin D intakes of American blacks are below recommended intakes in every age group, with or without the inclusion of vitamin D from supplements. Despite their low 25(OH)D levels, blacks have lower rates of osteoporotic fractures. This may result in part from bone-protective adaptations that include an intestinal resistance to the actions of 1,25(OH)2D and a skeletal resistance to the actions of parathyroid hormone (PTH). However, these mechanisms may not fully mitigate the harmful skeletal effects of low 25(OH)D and elevated PTH in blacks, at least among older individuals. Furthermore, it is becoming increasingly apparent that vitamin D protects against other chronic conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and some cancers, all of which are as prevalent or more prevalent among blacks than whites. Clinicians and educators should be encouraged to promote improved vitamin D status among blacks (and others) because of the low risk and low cost of vitamin D supplementation and its potentially broad health benefits.http://www.cooperinstitute.org/2019/09/24/african-americans-at-greatest-risk-of-vitamin-d-deficiency

The virus disproportionately affects black people.
African Americans are dying at disproportionately higher rates compared to all other ethnicities.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/us/coronavirus-pandemic-race-impact-trnd/index.html

evidence for any of the above, please (but replace "affects" with "infects" and/or "evidences more severe symptoms in", because they aren't synonyms).
See above.  I don't claim to be super well-versed in this stuff, but I think the links are probably more than coincidence.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Vitamin D is a miraculous thing. Everyone should make sure their levels are good.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
thanks for the cooperinstitute link.  i withdraw my sarcasm regarding that point.  sarcasm very much in place (in fact reinforced by the same link) regarding the other two.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It appears that very real doctors/scientists are performing very real research relative to Vit D and SARS-Cov2

real scientists undertaking real research is one of the best ways to figure out if phenemena that may or may not exist, exist or not.

That's some great use of modifiers from your original dismissive post on the matter.

'Grats sys

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
“While many people experience mild illness, 89% of people with COVID-19 who were sick enough to be hospitalized had at least one chronic condition. About half had high blood pressure and obesity, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And about a third had diabetes and a third had cardiovascular disease. So, what explains this?”

eff off with your vitamin d bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Unless lack of vitamin d causes poverty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
thanks for the cooperinstitute link.  i withdraw my sarcasm regarding that point.  sarcasm very much in place (in fact reinforced by the same link) regarding the other two.
Genuinely don't know why you're being smug or what you're looking for.  You don't buy the vitamin d link to rona or that black people are disproportionately dying due to rona?

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2020/05/vitamin-d-appears-to-play-role-in-covid-19-mortality-rates/

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41430-020-0661-0

We're kind of playing in the dark here in terms of what causes what, but there's been relatively quite a bit of research on the vitamin d angle.  Did Trump or someone mention vitamin d that i missed to where it's like a stigmatized conspiracy theory or something?  Confused by Sys's and Cire's dismissiveness.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:48:08 PM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Genuinely don't know why you're being smug or what you're looking for.  You don't buy the vitamin d link to rona or that black people are disproportionately dying due to rona?

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2020/05/vitamin-d-appears-to-play-role-in-covid-19-mortality-rates/

We're kind of playing in the dark here in terms of what causes what, but there's been relatively quite a bit of research on the vitamin d angle.  Did Trump or someone mention vitamin d that i missed to where it's like a stigmatized conspiracy theory or something?  Confused by Sys's and Cire's dismissiveness.

apologize if i'm coming across as smug.  that's not my intention.

a correlation between lower levels of vitamin d and poorer covid 19 outcomes has been demonstrated.  lower levels of vitamin d also correlates with just about every known covid 19 risk factor and, i believe, with simply being ill.  so causality is certainly speculative.

i haven't seen any evidence that there is any biological basis for black americans being more likely (than white americans, presumably) to become infected or to experience worse outcomes (after controlling for comorbidities).  it's possible, of course, but afaik, is currently completely unsupported by evidence.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what struck me as ridiculous about the rogan/doctor hypothesizing was not so much the individual hypotheses, but the layering of unproven assertion atop unproven assertion (atop another assertion that i didn't realize was supported by evidence).

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

apologize if i'm coming across as smug.  that's not my intention.

a correlation between lower levels of vitamin d and poorer covid 19 outcomes has been demonstrated.  lower levels of vitamin d also correlates with just about every known covid 19 risk factor and, i believe, with simply being ill.  so causality is certainly speculative.

i haven't seen any evidence that there is any biological basis for black americans being more likely (than white americans, presumably) to become infected or to experience worse outcomes (after controlling for comorbidities).  it's possible, of course, but afaik, is currently completely unsupported by evidence.
Of course causality is speculative.  I’m not suggesting that this is 100% the answer for the disparity in death rates.  But that northwestern paper is suggesting more than correlation with vitamin d levels and coronavirus morbidity.  It says proper vitamin d can prevent the cytokines storms. It suggests that proper vitamin d levels could cut morbidity in half.

If that’s true (which, who knows - needs peer review) then I think that would go a long way in explaining the disparity.

Sorry for assuming you were being smug.  Easy to misconstrue tone in BBS’ing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:56:49 PM by DQ12 »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Vitamin D is a miraculous thing. Everyone should make sure their levels are good.

I take a vitamin D pill every day to start the day, outside of heartburn meds its the only pill I take.  My vitamin D levels are OPTIMAL.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Holy rough ridin' jesus, you assholes. Sorry for posting something I thought was interesting or could potentially be one of many solutions. I'm not out and about saying I found the cure or that this is the only way to treat it. Just wanted to post something I thought was interesting and get feedback on it.

If I didn't think they took poverty, inner city, etc into account then I wouldn't have posted it. And eff you both for thinking I'm a dumbass for posting something just to get feedback on.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Holy rough ridin' jesus, you assholes. Sorry for posting something I thought was interesting or could potentially be one of many solutions. I'm not out and about saying I found the cure or that this is the only way to treat it. Just wanted to post something I thought was interesting and get feedback on it.

Of course they took poverty, intercity, etc into account or else I wouldn't have posted it. And eff you both for thinking I'm a dumbass for posting something just to get feedback on.

For what it's worth, my comment about Vitamin D was and is 100% serious. It is vitally important.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile

Of course they took poverty, intercity, etc into account or else I wouldn't have posted it. And eff you both for thinking I'm a dumbass for posting something just to get feedback on.

For what it's worth, my comment about Vitamin D was and is 100% serious. It is vitally important.
Mine was too.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Your mom will be fine, I gave her some Vitamin D last night.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
@Cire can absolutely go eff himself

Have a great day, tho

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
@Cire can absolutely go eff himself

Have a great day, tho