Poll

POLL: Which example best fits you?

I don't step outside of my home w/out one. All mask all the time, even in my car.
0 (0%)
I wear a mask when entering any public use buildings, other's homes or approaching people.
13 (36.1%)
I wear a mask if I feel it will be difficult to remain "social distanced" for a period of time. Ex. Chipotle, grocery store, etc.
18 (50%)
eff a mask.
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: May 08, 2020, 01:37:45 PM

Author Topic: What type of a mask wearer are you?  (Read 13403 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: What type of a mask wearer are you?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 03:08:36 PM »
This was supposed to be here today but it’s been rescheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2020, 03:09:39 PM »
I bought a Kstateo mask with replaceable PM2.5 filters. Should be here later this week. Until then, I just use my runner's buff.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2020, 03:11:09 PM »
I made another mask from the same old ksu shirt I made the first one. I still have enough of that survival straps stuff to make like 1000 more masks.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 03:17:21 PM »
I would like to change out of the bandit bandana, where can I buy something more permanent? What I saw on Amazon is just Chinese crap
I was thinking about something like this but I'm using homemade ones for now

https://www.amazon.com/MERIWOOL-Unisex-Merino-Wool-Gaiter/dp/B01MRSDL2Z/

I tried a skimask/neck warmer and they aren't convenient, like at all.

how so? I was thinking they might be nice if air travel ever happens again. you could easily go up and down if you eat.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2020, 03:18:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1257668683415146496

You guys should weigh in so they aren't getting ratio'd quite so badly...

:lol:
bears are fast...

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2020, 03:19:43 PM »
This was supposed to be here today but it’s been rescheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Where did you purchase this?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »
I would like to change out of the bandit bandana, where can I buy something more permanent? What I saw on Amazon is just Chinese crap

https://www.363green.com/collections/masks-neck-gaiters/products/publix-branded-masks-set-of-two-made-in-the-usa

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What type of a mask wearer are you?
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2020, 03:25:03 PM »

Where did you purchase this?

Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086S7NXN6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sVCSEbTCV0W05

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2020, 03:27:32 PM »
Just wait for the "who farted?" quippy word masks that are bound to come from Hot Topics of the world.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2020, 04:41:47 PM »
I was thinking about something like this but I'm using homemade ones for now

https://www.amazon.com/MERIWOOL-Unisex-Merino-Wool-Gaiter/dp/B01MRSDL2Z/

I tried a skimask/neck warmer and they aren't convenient, like at all.

how so? I was thinking they might be nice if air travel ever happens again. you could easily go up and down if you eat.

At least the one I was wearing was pretty tight, and if you're doing it right it's kind of hard to move it up and down all the time without touching the mask all over (including inside a bit) and your face. This isn't that important if your hands are always sanitized, but it takes a lot of sanitizing to keep your hands clean every time you touch something.

That is assuming that you don't want to get the virus and believe it can infect you from being on your mask.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »

I'm with you here bookie. This idea of a "new normal" just doesn't make sense to me. Like, people just aren't (and shouldn't) going to be making these drastic lifestyle changes because of a really communicable and pretty deadly disease. I'm cool with a temporary normal, but eventually people are going to just go back to being people. I mean, look at the trashcan body thread. Heart attacks, obesity, liver disease and cancer have been around for awhile.

Will most people be more mindful of being around others when they get sick? Sure. Will most people do a better job of keeping their hands clean? Yeah.

Are people going to be sitting down at restaurants and whatever wearing masks and moving them up and down all the time for eternity, while never getting within less than a few feet of each other? Good grief I hope not.

"New normal" is such a stupid term.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 04:48:25 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2020, 05:14:31 PM »
I wear a mask going out to walk the dog and to any business. It’s a pretty dense neighborhood, lots of people out when it’s nice out.  If I was out at my parents house in a more suburban area I wouldn’t wear the mask outside walking around generally.  Not in the yard or in the car.
:adios:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2020, 05:16:22 PM »
bears are fast...

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2020, 05:27:58 PM »

I'm with you here bookie. This idea of a "new normal" just doesn't make sense to me. Like, people just aren't (and shouldn't) going to be making these drastic lifestyle changes because of a really communicable and pretty deadly disease. I'm cool with a temporary normal, but eventually people are going to just go back to being people. I mean, look at the trashcan body thread. Heart attacks, obesity, liver disease and cancer have been around for awhile.

Will most people be more mindful of being around others when they get sick? Sure. Will most people do a better job of keeping their hands clean? Yeah.

Are people going to be sitting down at restaurants and whatever wearing masks and moving them up and down all the time for eternity, while never getting within less than a few feet of each other? Good grief I hope not.

for a large part of the world population the wearing of masks has been commonplace for awhile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2020, 05:41:04 PM »

for a large part of the world population the wearing of masks has been commonplace for awhile

yeah. I think it's going to be required for air travel and transit use for quite a while. I think the pulling the mask down to eat in a restaurant is extreme but I wouldn't be surprised if servers and cooks wear masks. It's really a minor inconvenience, not a dramatic lifestyle change. - easier to wear a mask in a store than stop eating fast food.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2020, 06:05:19 PM »

I think they call those "burkas".  :dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »

I think they call those "burkas".  :dubious:

Jeeze man.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2020, 06:54:18 PM »
Seeing this thread turn into a mask off has been quite the treat.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2020, 07:14:51 PM »
What is the highest % and country that was wearing masks a year ago today? Commonplace seems to be a stretch and it will not be any new normal here.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2020, 07:15:51 PM »

Would be lol to see Trump wear one to the podium. Make Pence wear one too.

Not ironic if by choice imo.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2020, 08:35:21 PM »
voted 3.  i have a beat up n95 for shopping and i use a buff at job sites (required on one project starting yesterday, but the crew didn't cover their faces any more than normal today and one dude had a nice bitch session about how it's just the flu at the safety tailgate).

i should have a box of unused n95s somewhere, but i can't find it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2020, 09:12:15 PM »

I had some painting masks I wore for a month until I broke them. Now my wife made me a mask out of the same pattern we have for our son's curtains, they have crabs, whales, and puffins on them, it's perfect for me.

The office manager at my new job made masks for all of us with the company logo on them.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2020, 07:22:15 AM »
Has this crossed anybody’s mind yet?  How long before the criminal element takes advantage of the “mask mandate”? 

As summer approaches, anybody/everybody can walk amongst us with a ball cap, sunglasses and a face covering....  it’s just nucking futs to even consider.

https://twitter.com/andrewcmccarthy/status/1258154195104018432
bears are fast...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2020, 07:44:26 AM »

As summer approaches, anybody/everybody can walk amongst us with a ball cap, sunglasses and a face covering....  it’s just nucking futs to even consider.

Crazy!

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2020, 08:10:04 AM »
lmao, we have nationwide legal concealed and open carry but it's the face covering that has bookie shook.

I voted #3