Author Topic: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group  (Read 31824 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2020, 09:39:36 AM »
I enjoyed this comment a lot

Amber dear, go with your gut feelings! I'm not okay with Oijia boards either. They are not just creepy, Don't let all of these "well wishers" make fun of you! If you want to know what the real background of Oijia boards, Tarot cards, and all of this spiritism crap is NOT healthy for kids or adults. Google it or look on Wikipedia has lots of info. Also, These palm readers who say they can talk to peoples dead relatives and do seances are cons. It is amazing to me how many people go to these people today.

You have to draw a line somewhere

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 27, 2020, 07:40:35 PM »
For the feralcat feeders in this group:
A neighbor left me a bag of Meow Mix on my doorstep last night to help me feed the ferals around. I think a raccoon or other cats got to it overnight - now the bag is slashed but probably a good 85% of food left.
I have no need of it (now inside a Target bag) because “my” ferals seem to have found a tastier “kitchen” nearby - would anybody like it for their ferals? Let me know.

Whoever is feeding the feral cats behind Jim’s coffee shop PLEASE STOP. The cats are reproducing at a crazy rate and have taken over the entire neighborhood. The people feeding them should also pick up all their poop

Quote from: OP
ok - that’s not me.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 28, 2020, 06:31:18 PM »
Not sure if this goes here or the politics facebook thread but I walk my dogs by this house everyday and they are NOT HAPPY about their Trump sign being stolen.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2020, 12:13:20 PM »
Anyone got scoby?

of course someone is like wtf is scoby

Symbiotic Community of Bacteria and Yeast - it’s what you need to make kombucha with.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2020, 01:38:22 PM »
I just want to take a moment to address the letter that our pretty awesome neighbors (eye roll) took the time to write up and send to us. Since there was no returning address, I don’t know another way to address this than to send it out to our community. And since all the people that “live within 10 houses in every direction” are bothered, maybe this is the way to reach the most people. I have attached the letter to this post for your reference so that all houses that were included in this complaint know what was said on their behalf.
I want you to understand that we are reasonable people. If you have an issue with us our any part of our family (dog included), it could have been addressed in a much better way. If you wanted to remain anonymous fine. But, the letter and the way that it was written was completely inappropriate and was written in a very not neighborly way.
We understand that when the dog barks at “all hours of the night” that would be annoying. It would annoy us too. But the truth is, he’s not barking at all hours of the night because if he was, we would hear it too.
Despite what you presume to know about us we are not up “streaming Netflix until midnight.” We have kids that are in bed on most nights between 8-9 too. We also understand that they “need sleep for their health and well being.” While it is none of your business, you may notice that our lights are on late at night. But instead of presuming to know that we are up “streaming Netflix” maybe if you took the time to get to know your RENTAL neighbors, you would know that I currently have a full time job (teacher in PISD), 3 kids, and I have decided to go to nursing school. So, once my kids are in bed, I stay up late grading papers, planning for the next school day (COVID sucks and we are having to recreate almost everything so that it works for our virtual students as well as our in-person students), but in addition to that, I take classes at night and have to stay up until “all hours of the night” studying, doing my own assignments for nursing school, and getting things ready for the next day (mom stuff). I am definitely not up “streaming Netflix.” And if I was, it’s really not any of your business and was an unnecessary comment.
We also don’t appreciate the cops being called on us and the fact that whoever called them, is a LIAR. Last Saturday night I was up studying in the front office. My husband had taken the kids to a friends house to hang out so that I could have a quiet house you know because of the “noise coming from inside our home from whatever it is that we are doing” (eye roll). Kevin (the dog) was outside. I did hear him bark a few times randomly. It was defiantly not constant (nonstop) barking and when he did bark it was a few barks and then he would stop. He maybe barked a total of 3 times over the course of a couple of hours. He’s a dog, he is going to bark some especially if he hears other dogs in our neighborhood barking or people outside our house. That night, our neighbors had people in front of our house going back in forth to their car after 9 pm. We are not even going to address the fact that those same neighbors often have their guests park right in front of our house so that my husband has to park across the street when there is not a single car in their driveway (talk about annoying). But, OK fine, so any little noise outside bothers you if it comes after 9pm. Maybe it takes you a while to drift to sleep you hear another bark that wakes you up again. You are annoyed, so you call the cops, fine, maybe that was the best way to address the situation at that time of the night. I’m not bothered that the cops were called, or even that you were annoyed by the dog. We all have different things that really bother (trigger) us. I guess a few barks really sets some people off. I am however bothered that those neighbors also told the police that I went outside screamed at Kevin and then proceeded to beat him. Seriously??? Why lie?? Is that what you had to tell the cops to get them to come?? Because the cop sat outside our house for a while and never heard the dog bark until my husband pulled up around 11pm. Kevin barked when he heard the truck a few times and then stopped barking before they even got inside the house. Again, my issue is not that the cops were called because clearly you were annoyed. But, why lie?
We also don’t appreciate you talking down to us or treating us as if you are better just because we are RENTERS. The letter was addressed to our “Rental Neighbors.” Why not just neighbors?? What difference does it make that we rent our home rather than buy it? We also do not appreciate you making comments that we are “streaming Netflix until midnight” and “we may not hear the dog bark because of all the noise in our home.” We don’t appreciate being threatened by our so called neighbors of a legal suit or of an eviction. Never in my entire life have I ever felt so unwelcomed and judged by people that don’t even know us. We pay just as much as you (probably more) to be here. You are no better than us.
Let me reiterate that my issue is not with your complaint about Kevin (the dog). We understand and are sorry that he has caused you any “annoyance.” We are going to do what we can to resolve the issue so that he is no longer a problem. My issue is that instead of the letter that was sent, all that was really needed was a letter like this…
Hi Neighbors,
We just wanted to let you know that your dog has been barking quite a lot and has been keeping us up at night/waking us up early in the morning. Is there any way that you can maybe bring him inside from 9pm-6am so that we can get some rest?
Thanks,
Your Sleepy Neighbors
You should have given us the benefit of the doubt and a chance to resolve the issue before talking down to us, threatening to have us evicted, and threatening to file a law suit. At least, that is what any normal human being would have done. You, my neighbors, that OWN your home, and were a part of this letter are all jerks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2020, 03:37:04 PM »
Kevin is a fantastic dog name.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2020, 04:00:59 PM »
Jesus Christ. I might have been on Kevin (the dog)'s side if she hadn't complained about neighbors' guests parking on the street legally.

(People thinking they own the street parking in front of their house is a great nextdoor pastime)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2020, 04:45:44 PM »
Jesus Christ. I might have been on Kevin (the dog)'s side if she hadn't complained about neighbors' guests parking on the street legally.

(People thinking they own the street parking in front of their house is a great nextdoor pastime)

One of the best threads on the old shaggy site was this douche in college Station that was mad workers building the house next door were parking in front of his house in a new development
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »
 :Chirp:
Kevin is a fantastic dog name.

Yes it’s very good. Also that lady seemed nice but she should’ve had someone edit that reply down to like 1/10th of the words.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2020, 06:22:47 PM »
We used to have problems with our neighbor's dogs getting loose and chasing our chickens. My fiance went in our driveway with her 9mm and told next door lady if her dog got loose again she'd shoot the dog and then her fat ass if she didn't like it.

Dogs have not been loose for a good three months.

Ain't no need for Facebook posts. Just handle your crap.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2020, 06:29:18 PM »
We used to have problems with our neighbor's dogs getting loose and chasing our chickens. My fiance went in our driveway with her 9mm and told next door lady if her dog got loose again she'd shoot the dog and then her fat ass if she didn't like it.

Dogs have not been loose for a good three months.

Ain't no need for Facebook posts. Just handle your crap.

Mods, please move to responsible gun owners thread

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2020, 06:47:24 PM »
IPA that is the most Kentucky thing you’ve ever posted by far
:adios:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »
On of my friends dads killed a neighbors dog that kept jumping the fence. Put a couple of 9mm rounds into it in the backyard.  Needless to say that was not viewed favorably by the city.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2020, 06:59:47 PM »
Just started:

Deos anyone here know a real life Marxist? I would like to meet a real life Marxist. Are there any neighbors who are truly Marxists?

This is a legitimate question, not meant to be a political post at all.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2020, 07:19:32 PM »

I once had the city chalk the neighbors tires because they left their car parked in front of our mailbox & the post office stopped my mail. For some reason I gave them a 5th warning about the car & said it’s getting towed in 48 hours instead of just letting it get towed.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2020, 07:21:19 PM »
is there a petition we can sign or somewhere to donate in support of kevin the dog?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2020, 09:01:51 PM »

I once had the city chalk the neighbors tires because they left their car parked in front of our mailbox & the post office stopped my mail. For some reason I gave them a 5th warning about the car & said it’s getting towed in 48 hours instead of just letting it get towed.

Was it parked legally? Seems like a post office problem. And it was nice of you to let them know it was about to be towed.

I had the city sticker my car once when I was on vacation and parked on a side street two houses down that didn't have street sweeping. I moved it but kept parking in the general area because my street was being repaved and my friendly neighbor chalked it himself to show that I hadn't moved very far. I was not in front of a mailbox or anything.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 09:04:52 PM by michigancat »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2020, 09:05:45 PM »
48 hour city ordinance. We got multiple warning letters from the post office that I took to the neighbors before they stopped our mail. I talked to the local post master & he said he could have it towed, but if I wanted my mail back sooner it’d be faster if I called the city for the ordinance violation. The truck was the guy’s son’s. Every time I went to talk to them, they gave me a “what do you want me to do, it’s not my truck” because the son never answered the door.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2020, 09:07:33 PM »
48 hour city ordinance. We got multiple warning letters from the post office that I took to the neighbors before they stopped our mail. The truck was the guy’s son’s. Every time I went to talk to them, they gave me a “what do you want me to do, it’s not my truck” because the son never answered the door.

LOL, that was very nice of you to warn then again.

Still the postal service shouldn't stop mail, that's mind-boggling. What a pain.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2020, 09:42:12 PM »
IPA that is the most Kentucky thing you’ve ever posted by far
I feared for the fat lady's life. It was a tense moment for certain.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 03, 2020, 11:13:11 PM »
A little election day fun

[redacted] Bakery
 ... why would you NOT put Harris’ name on this too?
Hoping this is a huge oversight, but just that...an oversight and not something else. A little unbelievable that you let this happen. Regardless of who you support, this oversight shouldn’t have happened.

200+ comments :sdeek:

I'm upset that they did both honestly.
Adding pence and not add harris is a gross and horrible oversight that is also very upsetting on several levels

I agree. My heart broke more than a little when I saw this.

I think it’s too little too late for business’s to try and please everyone. Pick a side. If you’re that hesitant to pick the non racist hateful side that says a lot about you.

:emawkid:

First World Problem - it's bread. FFS

I am an independent but voted for Biden but can’t knock a business for making both. They need to make all the money they can, this year has been tough for them so I’m not hating.

I have zero issue with them making both. My issue is that they did not put Harris’ name on one of them.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 06, 2020, 09:17:45 PM »
Noticed our trash can looked different when I put it away this week after trash day. Looked closer today and realized either the sanitation worker accidentally switched ours with the neighbor's, or the neighbor took mine when he retrieved it sooner than me. Now I am stuck with a smellier trash can with a broken lid.
What should I do? Ms WW says I should switch them back.

Note: i've lived next to the neighbor for a year now and have never said more than "hey how's it going" to him.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 06, 2020, 09:21:26 PM »

Noticed our trash can looked different when I put it away this week after trash day. Looked closer today and realized either the sanitation worker accidentally switched ours with the neighbor's, or the neighbor took mine when he retrieved it sooner than me. Now I am stuck with a smellier trash can with a broken lid.

Note: i've lived next to the neighbor for a year now and have never said more than "hey how's it going" to him.

Switch them back and sharpie your address on it or just ask the trash company for a new one. We get a free replacement each year. (we have three bins because we are hippies).

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 06, 2020, 09:52:51 PM »

Switch them back and sharpie your address on it or just ask the trash company for a new one. We get a free replacement each year. (we have three bins because we are hippies).

Ask for a new one. It sounds like you have the perfect neighbor relationship with them and I wouldn't want to impact it one way or the other.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 06, 2020, 09:58:21 PM »
But definitely sharpie the new one