Author Topic: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group  (Read 32194 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2020, 03:36:04 PM »
someone posted a photo of their kids' bloody scratch it got from an off-leash dog in a no-dogs-allowed area

Glad it wasn't worse! I cannot stand unleashed dogs in public areas.

i can’t stand unleashed children in public areas

When I lived in Hays, I had a Doberman Pinscher that loved to play.  I had kids come over to play with my dog in the backyard.  The kids loved playing with him.  Problem was he would scratch them with his paws from jumping on them.  They never complained, but some Karens would come over and raise hell about their kids getting hurt.  So I only let the kids that their parents didn't get upset about the rough playing in the backyard.  The kids with Karens were out of luck with play time.  I felt bad about it as some begged and even cried.  Yes, some parents are overbearing jerks.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2020, 03:43:26 PM »

lots of private tutoring talk since school is going online.

With all of the talk of tutoring going on, I'd like  to raise my hand as an alternative to your child going to school and  catching Covid. Here is what I have to offer:
- Will take your child on 3+ mile runs daily, making sure they are exhausted by the end of the day.
 - I'm not good at math but can teach rudimentary programming and concepts.
 - Will teach your child to fight and also fire a gun with appropriate waivers and insurance.
 - I can also make sure your child WONT touch firearms. We're very flexible. (May cost extra.)
 - I read real good and will also teach your child history mainly written by Howard Zinn.
 - Meditation and mindfulness classes.
 - Guitar lessons.
 - German lessons. Alternative your child can teach me Spanish or a  language they know. This will prove to be great didactic training for  them.
 - Courses in horticulture will make sure your child will learn metric.
 - Weekly excursions to BLM protests will instill a sense of communal  identity and will teach your children to challenge INSTITUTIONAL  authority, but not your authority. (For a small extra fee I will teach  your children to challenge your authority.)
 - I have zero  obligations in life therefore not only will your child be my number one  priority, but I'm therefore probably a better parent than you.
 - Capacity to actually love your child.
 - No, not like that.
In terms of inquires, I don't wanna put a pricetag on the love that you  have for your child. But I'm gonna operate on a sliding scale here and  in 5 years when your child is playing guitar, speaking German, and has a  software internship... I'd like to ask you what you think that's worth  to you.
Thanks!

I like this guy

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2020, 04:58:18 PM »
It was a lady! :fatty:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2020, 05:13:12 PM »
Rocksteady (a cat) came home last night from his walkabout with someone’s glue trap. I’m not gonna repeat what is already on the glue trap label. Coyote urine or spikes on your fence these are outdoor methods you could be utilizing instead. Thank you.

While these traps do a number on whatever poor creature stumbles into it, free-roaming domesticated cats are basically invasive super predators that do considerable ecological harm to native wildlife. Please consider!

Animals doing what is inherent to their nature do not deserve to be treated cruelly.

hmmm.. there are a lot of things wrong with letting a non-native species destroy a native species. Was it simply human nature for Columbus and our government to destroy native American populations? The “humans are the virus” ideology forgets that ~10% of the human population contributes to 90% of global emissions, deforestation, and mass extinction of native species. Capitalists and colonizers are the virus of the earth. Native species are the true stewards of native life and should be protected from the colonialist outdoor cats. Is it natural that domesticated cats kill billions of birds per year in Australia? https://phys.org/news/2019-07-cats-billion-native-australian-animals.html

Is your baby ok?

:ugh:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »
hoo boy

Do better, mods.
There's been trouble in town lately.  People want to learn what has happened and also talk about it.  A shooting in a park, then a massive and frightening shoot out on one of the city's most active corners  --  those are things people want to and ought to discuss.
But mods are going NUTS with time outs, bans, etc of ANY post that doesn't fit their idea of proper, even when the comment is not harsh or out of line in any way. 
It's baldly political.   We can't worry about violent crime because the PC mods don't want to hear it.  People with legit worries who express politely are shut off, while those who rudely shout them down are not.  How dare anyone worry about crime, that's racist!
I saw a polite question about why the Main Streets were redone, and the post was shut down.  How dare anyone question the council members that the mods vote for?
This is not directly a free speech or 1st Amendment issue.  That refers to government interference with speech.  Mods do not have to follow the letter of the 1st amendment, but they would be respected if they followed the SPIRIT of free speech for all, including people who prefer to not have shootings on the street or prefer different politicans than the Mods 
What do they fear?  That their ideas cannot thrive if examined or questioned?  Sure looks like it.

This could be an interesting place to discuss things if it were free and ALL viewpoints respected.  Instead it's the Ministry of Information for a political agenda. 
Do better, Mods.
PS  Posted at 2:04 PM.  I wonder how long before this is shut down or I am banned.
as of 3:22 it had been taken down :lol:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2020, 12:25:20 AM »
Well, this has been grinding on me for a while (years) and it came to a head today. Lets just say I knew this wasn't going to go well.

Next door neighbor has been cutting further and further onto my property for years. As much as 3 passes or close to 15 feet. Now on most lots it is difficult to know exactly where the line is, but in this case there is a pipe driven in at both ends which clearly shows the lot line. (If you can drive your mower straight) This AM she started cutting, no shaving again. First pass was 100% on my property. 2nd pass one more time up my lot. So I decided I am done. I grabbed one of my K9's and headed out for a walk. When she came to the back corner, she saw I wanted to speak with her and shut off the Cub tractor. I asked her why she keeps cutting so far onto my property? She sais, so you don't have to brush against that pine tree in the front. I say, you mean your pine tree that is growing 10 feet across the property line? She sais snarkishly yah, I'm helping you out! I say, you can help me out by cutting your tree back to the property line, like I did when my pine trees crossed the line. And, you need to stop cutting my property. She sais your a dumb a$$. I was instantly torked off and said, no your the dumb a$$ and you need to stay on your own property!

These people moved in about 5 or 6 years ago. The first 2 month's they lived here, I waived every day on my way home from work. They would just look at me like deer in the headlights. Never waived back once. After 2 month's of that I said forget it. Since then, I have spoken to the Mrs. maybe 5 times and he hasn't said 2 words to me. That's fine by me because I am sure now they are morons.

My only question is, do I contact the County Sheriffs Dept and file a report? If he doesn't cut his pine tree back, I will be taking care of it now myself. I can see where this could escalate and I was thinking that having the report on record could circumvent problems for myself down the road? Thoughts?

...from the the John Deere tapatalk  board.  A John Deere owner confronting a cub cadet driving Karen.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 12:32:28 AM by KST8FAN »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2020, 12:32:33 AM »
Holy crap Tom. That's great. Classic Midwestern passive aggressiveness

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2020, 12:33:16 AM »
I'm dying to know what they did

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2020, 07:29:35 AM »
My neighbor is a habitual over cutter as well
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2020, 07:32:05 AM »
My neighbor is a habitual over cutter as well

Well, I hope you've filed a report with the police so when you take matters into your own hands there will be documentation. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2020, 09:19:00 AM »
As a Cub owner/driver I felt attacked.  I mean, I WANT to be a Deere owner, but it's simply not in the budget and my yard doesn't justify it.  And don't come at me with these Home Depot JD's, those are not the real thing.  :don'tcare:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »
Gonna have to agree on allowing domestic cats to roam around.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2020, 09:23:23 AM »
is "shaving" a mowing thing? I'm guessing john deeres "shave" and cub cadets "cut"?

and you can bet your ass that I registered

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2020, 09:26:50 AM »
Of course the guy I am having issues with has the smallest lot. I have just under 300 feet of frontage to the front road and he has 85 feet. Very narrow wedge shaped lot on a curve. So I guess he feels I have more than enough, and he is just helping himself.

LMAO

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2020, 09:29:24 AM »
is "shaving" a mowing thing? I'm guessing john deeres "shave" and cub cadets "cut"?

That one confused me too.  Of course, as an owner of the second cheapest Cub mower, it only stands to reason that I am unfamiliar with the finer nuances of yard barbering.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2020, 09:46:25 AM »

That one confused me too.  Of course, as an owner of the second cheapest Cub mower, it only stands to reason that I am unfamiliar with the finer nuances of yard barbering.

Let's face it, she is mowing with a Cub Cadet, so there is already some reasonable concern about her judgement.......(Just kidding.. well sort of.....)

:nerd:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2020, 09:50:35 AM »
also, I want to point out that the OP's handle is "Randog"

This is not the kind of thing that the police are going to solve, but in the event that there is legal action later, it will likely be helpful if there is a record/records of complaint.

Quote from: randog
I have a one gig DVR running currently but no cameras at that property line. (Yet) 6 cameras laying here so I know what my project is for the weekend.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2020, 09:56:22 AM »
It's things like this that confirm my decision to rarely ever speak to my neighbors. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2020, 10:03:42 AM »
The grievance here is that the neighbor is taking care of some of the poster's lawnmowing work?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2020, 10:09:39 AM »
I understand the frustration, it really triggers my ocd when the mow line is 3' inside my fence instead of just lining up.

Not enough to actually say anything though

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2020, 10:37:02 AM »
I don't have this problem because I hired the same landscaper as my neighbor and his crew mows both our yards at the same time.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2020, 01:47:41 PM »
The overcutter also mows 1/3 of his lawn each day for 3 days straight.