Author Topic: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group  (Read 4393 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2020, 05:56:15 PM »
Drugs?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »
For all that live on ----------- st! There is a man staying in your basement!! 6'2 long hair and beard. Carries a back back
White male. Skinny. Long hair long breard

what

Jay
You got a picture or something of him? Does the police know?

Rachel
So, this man is staying in everyone’s basement that lives on protected street?

OP
I know who he is protected name. I even have a picture if you want
He someone how gets in you're basement

Pete after OP posts the suspects picture
If you know the person, clearly have their photo, and have their location...why not call the police instead of alarming an entire neighborhood?

Tina
That looks like an old photo of Charles Manson

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2020, 02:22:55 PM »
Anyone know what’s up with the helicopter circling?

Been circling for 40 minutes. Now it’s saying the k9 unit has been released, give yourself up or the dog will bite you. Residents stay in their home

yea- heard that too. Armed robbery suspect running is what our neighbor said she looked up and read

and then we get a jokester! :curse:

Someone isn’t wearing a mask

^^ not helping

I disagree. Humor is helpful

not when you’re sitting in your backyard enjoying a cocktail playing cards and helicopters are circling over head with a loudspeaker telling residents to stay inside, and that the “dog will find you.”
There’s a time and a place for humor, and frankly this isn’t it.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2020, 10:21:23 PM »
so most of these are from FB but NextDoor has some next level kooks

aggressive crow who is harassing me. I live fairly close to his nest. Any suggestions on how to handle an aggressive crow who uses my property to get to his nest which is in a large tree adjacent to my property.  This bird swooped down and grazed my hair several days ago.  Clearly the crow is agitated and has chased the squirrel who uses my fence and others to traverse along the properties.

Comment #1!
Quote from: commentor #1
We have a few that act the same, they dont harrass us though, mostly bikers and joggers. Id guess that killing it is the only option.
Killing it. Really. That's evil. Wrong answer.
you must be a newbie to the world of nature. Life eats life. This is the circle. Things die. Its ok, O wont let go of the seat until youre ready to ride by yourself. Give me a break.
That creature of God is just trying to protect it's family. Wow. Let's turn that around human.
god is an imaginary friend...come to reality.
Kill it and bad luck will beseech both of you.
Badluck eh? god is not real and is imaginary. People who believe in imaginary things are delusional. Since you seem to be delusional, Ill take my luck as it stands. Thank you.

other comments!

Crows love unsalted peanuts in their shells. Make friends. She knows you and won’t ever forget you
Try a nice dinner with a glass of wine
Make friends not war? Killing it is not easy. Can’t shoot shotgun in city limits. Feeding it peanuts might help. I would consider a tennis racket - whack - but not hard enough to kill. It might think twice.
crows are amazingly smart and if you agitate it they will tell all their friends and then things will be worse (they have done experiments to show they have long memories) I suggest making friends and leaving peanuts for it. then they will know that if you don't start things with them, they will be just fine and know you are not a threat
The crows are very stressed because several large pine trees were cut down in Brittany Landing. They probably list their nests and tree houses. They have been flying around erratically and are very upset.  It appears that they took over the nests of other, smaller birds. So, now all the birds are upset and stressed.
Simply say “hi” in a nice voice. Leave a crust or two, and you’ll have a lifelong friend.  Crows are highly intelligent.
Leave the crow alone.  They are  level to the spirit world and our physical world.  They are the smartest bird.  Your best bet is to be their friend and feed them if possible. Or suffer the crow karma.  Have a nice day
You are in the crows territory not yours, you have it all wrong. Animal totems of the crow would be very interesting for you to look up in native American books. I would talk to the crow sing to the crow calm it down to let it know you’re not gonna to go after its babies, respect it feed it and be his friend. If you treat nature like wrongfully you will get a reverberation later on for sure and it could be a lot worse than a crow divebombing you.. Mother nature is queen

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "Tacky" -Kietz
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2020, 10:29:18 PM »
Post a map here of the boundaries for these neighborhood facebook and nextdoor groups.  It's crazy that these could all be from one neighborhood and just from the people therein that bother posting.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2020, 10:37:37 PM »
Post a map here of the boundaries for these neighborhood facebook and nextdoor groups.  It's crazy that these could all be from one neighborhood and just from the people therein that bother posting.
They cover about 50k people, I get city discussions outside of my specific neighborhood. But you'd probably get the same  perspectives within about a mile radius of my place. There's a combination of old conservatives that have been here forever, hippies and spiritual types, rich immigrants, and young tech worker families.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "Tacky" -Kietz
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2020, 11:06:05 PM »
50k is too many people to be asking about the neighborhood aggressive crow.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2020, 08:37:48 AM »
Animals running at night!
We have had several different animals running around our neighborhood @ night since this pandemic started. A Fox, Groundhogs, What looks like a Possible Pig/Boor?
The later of them has been digging under the shed next door and scaring the people living there!! It snorts and growls @ them at night! We've tried live traps and it just eats the food and runs away.

I don't live in a part of the US that has wild boar so perhaps someone lets their pot bellied pig out at night.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2020, 09:33:23 AM »
Animals running at night!
We have had several different animals running around our neighborhood @ night since this pandemic started. A Fox, Groundhogs, What looks like a Possible Pig/Boor?
The later of them has been digging under the shed next door and scaring the people living there!! It snorts and growls @ them at night! We've tried live traps and it just eats the food and runs away.

I don't live in a part of the US that has wild boar so perhaps someone lets their pot bellied pig out at night.

30-50 feral hogs are on the loose again  :runaway:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2020, 04:00:28 PM »
this was on a "rogue" site

So apparently here in Xville, in direct violation of the county shelter-in-place order, the police are allowing people to throw giant parties in their carports with no masks, no social distancing of any kind, with a huge group of people.

Apparently all that's required to get the call cleared is to lie and claim that your guests are just residents of the complex (even though there is nothing in the order that exempts residents from the rule)

So if anyone here in Xville wants to throw a giant party in their apartment building's carport and invite all your family from out of town to throw a giant celebration with no regard for other people's health or safety, all you have to do is claim that your guests are residents and that magically makes it OK according to our wonderful city police department!

Thanks again XPD! Same officer that's always allowed them to get away with it before. Of course there's no bias problems here sending the same officer out year after year, who in all likelihood has some kind of under-the-table arrangement with these folks.

After he left they spent the next 7 hours blasting mariachi music in retaliation for the harmless visit.

Thanks again XPD.

Also bonus points for having their kids throw basketballs at our building's walls over and over again for several hours as well and spitting loogies into our driveway

I tell ya, there's nothing quite like having a gathering of around a dozen tattooed gang members with their pants around their ankles and their family menacing outside your windows for 7 hours straight, blowing smoke into your home, spitting into your driveway and having their kids throw stuff at your walls while screaming and blasting mariachi music.

It's almost as nice as paying an arm and a leg in rent and taxes to live in a city government that couldn't care less about you or enforcing even the most rudimentary of laws, let alone ones that are designated to protect public health from an ongoing pandemic. Great look for the town! Good thing the local news don't write about this stuff

yikes