Author Topic: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group  (Read 31866 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2020, 11:44:11 AM »
this was deleted and there was another thread discussing it

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2020, 12:00:35 PM »
the reply from the employee!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2020, 12:14:03 PM »
:D

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2020, 12:25:47 PM »
there's so much going on here, apparently the OP worked at a hair salon and caused a lot of yelp drama previously but there are just a lot of gems here

I'm a Cathy (Asian Karen), that's true Karen-ing right there!

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2020, 12:31:54 PM »
The Karens in our neighborhood have had it with being called Karen.

Sad we have so many grown men that act like 14 year old mean girls.... “I’m bored, think I’ll spend my day name calling, making fun of, and being a jerk to my neighbors on FB - that’ll be fun!” How can we teach the next generation to be kind to one another when we, the adults, can’t even show the most basic of kindness by keeping our mouths shut (or just not replying) if we are not helping the situation
Kimberly, as stated, just email the hoa.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2020, 12:59:47 PM »
I'm a Cathy (Asian Karen), that's true Karen-ing right there!

:D

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »
i generally just enjoy seeing the post titles

A woman riding on the back of a vehicle pooping with toilet paper in front of my house. How should I handle this

Two young German Shepards

Any thoughts on what these visitors are?

Need a serious, loving foster mom

lights in the sky
just witnessed what appeared to be Morse code of lights in the sky traveling at at least 400mph from wnw to ese 9:16pm. anyone else see this?!?!?

car selling puppies
I was just walking near loose park and a small sedan pulled up to me, a young boy in the back seat asked if I wanted to buy a puppy and a woman in the driver seat held up a very small puppy. It was incredibly bizarre. I don’t know if this was a ploy or what but seemed very off.

If anyone has this experience, I would make note of the license plate and report to the police. At the very least for the puppies sake!

Glass Prisms for Experiements

Hummingbirds

this thread was a doozy
Dear Neighbors. Dear neighbors across the street. You seem like very nice people and clearly have a large social group, and that’s great! But can you please stop inviting tons of people over to play basketball in your backyard whenever it’s nice out? I’m an extrovert and really hate this, but I’m doing my part by staying home and every time I see your get togethers it makes me super upset because I know it’s just prolonging my time at home. My friends can’t go to their grandparents funerals because of this. Just please, please stop.

neighbor1
So in the event that they’re not seeing this, was sticking a note in their mailbox or on the door too much trouble? This seems extremely passive aggressive.

neighbor2
Seems to be more of a general awareness post calling out on how this type of selfish behavior (group activities) is emotionally harmful for people who witness it. I don't see it as passive aggressive at all

neighbor1
ok, so the intent was not to communicate this to them indirectly. Just blowing off steam? Got it.

neighbor2
can't speak for the OP though so it's just my thought on it

neighbor3
(@ signal'ing neighbor1) It seems I've  heard that only the USPS is allowed to put things in your mailbox.

neighbor1
Calm down lady. I breathe and sleep just fine. I’m going to ignore you calling me ignorant because I know that keyboard tough gals tend to type things they wouldn’t dare say face to face. If you spoke to your neighbors directly, then clearly my comment wasn’t for you. Seeing how this is a public forum, I CLEARLY have a say in it, whether you like it or not. Period. Now go have a glass of wine and calm down. It’s too late in the evening to be yelling at strangers who could care less about your anger.

neighbor4 out of nowhere
You got 2 likes..my great great great great grandfather fought in Afghanistan for my "freedom" of movement,"freedom to not have a daddy gubbrmant kill this country financially,spiritually with scare tactics..sad thing,scratch that,pitiful thing every one gave it away with a smile..well hell mask was on
.daddy gubbrmant grounded youpeople & all you people did was say 'thank you daddy" i dont know to live with a flu..mutant but still a rough ridin' flu..stay stuck im out enjoying my freedom..ill send pics

neighbor1 still not done with OP
Maybe you should’ve tried the angry routine with your neighbors. It might’ve worked.

OP
For anyone saying this is "passive aggressive" and "confront them yourself", since when has directly confronting someone who is clearly breaking the law been a good idea? I think there is a good chance they'd retaliate in some way, perhaps even violently.

neighbor5 went off on a tangent about Paseo being changed to MLK Jr Blvd which sort of ruined the energy

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2020, 01:31:17 PM »
kind of adorable thread

Who was that?
Which one of my neighbors in West Plaza was just blasting Defying Gravity from the hot musical Wicked at 11:30 am on a Saturday? Let’s be friends, you seem cool.

neighbor1
I heard that! It was amazing to hear someone blasting it!!

neighbor2
You KNOW Elphaba just flew in front of my house!!
It’s Meeeee!
It’s Meeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I’ve got the whole video! It was Amazing!

neighbor3
Now I want to know all of you .. hehe
And I have no idea who Defying Gravity is..!

neighbor4
I don't know what any of this is about, but it must be fun, everyone seems excited!!

neighbor5
Nextdoor: Missed Connections

neighbor6
The family that owns A to Z theatrics on 63rd St put this on for their friends neighborhoods. I’ve seen some posts on Facebook. Awesome family and amazing production!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2020, 08:12:30 PM »
I don’t know if I’m angry or want to cry right now. Both! 😡🤬😢
I am a lifelong resident of the Bay Area and have chosen for the last 8yrs very deliberately to raise my bi-racial kids in town because of the diversity, families and schools that make up our wonderful island. I have always felt SAFE in my bubble and have been extremely grateful that this is where my family calls home during the stay-at-home shelter-in-place orders.
We live walking distance to *bike* trail. For the last two months our family has gotten through this by walking and biking on the trail 2-3 times a day. My kids are 5, 7, & 12.  If you do the trail you’ve definitely seen us out there.
Today while walking on the walking side of the trail this man on the bike path wearing a MAGA (Make America Great Again) hat engaged my family.  My husband verbally made reference to the hat drawing my attention to the man.  The man noticed us looking at him and told us he was a professor? and he wears the hat to start conversations and teach people. Both my husband and I said “ok” while continuing to walk with our children.  The man continued to tell us why he was wearing the hat to teach people. My husband said “well we don’t need you to teach us. Please just move on.” 
The man proceeded to call my husband a bigot over and over. I reminded him my children were present and asked him to please stop and leave us alone. My husband asked him to get away from us repeatedly. He continued to call my husband a bigot and tell us how our children would learn about bigotry on the internet. HE PROCEEDED TO YELLING OUT AND SPELLING BIGOT FOR MY CHILDREN SEVERAL TIMES & TELLING THEM TO LOOK IT UP WHEN THEY GOT HOME. While also screaming “Your Dad is a bigot!” 
By now my husband is telling this man repeatedly to get out of here and get away from our family.
While I repeatedly continued to yell “stop, stop, my kids are here. We will teach them about bigots not you. LEAVE US ALONE.”
I took a couple of pictures on my phone of him and he rode off on his bike.
I was so shaken that I called the PD non-emergency line. I had to catch my breath I was so upset. The main and most immediate thing the dispatcher said to me was “Well Mam, that’s not illegal. That’s not a crime.” 
I felt gut-punched by her words. Bubble completely bursted. My rational mind was processing what she said, of course I knew it wasn’t illegal. I told her I just thought they’d want to know that there was someone in Alameda wearing a MAGA hat and persistently yelling about bigotry to minors. She told me she’d have an officer contact me.
Then I finished the rest of the walk with my two boys while my husband took my daughter back and we talked about the word bigot. One of my sons asked me about what the hat meant. The older one said he knew it was a Trump hat and wondered why anybody in townwould want to wear one.  So we talked about that too.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »
neighbor4 out of nowhere
You got 2 likes..my great great great great grandfather fought in Afghanistan for my "freedom" of movement,"freedom to not have a daddy gubbrmant kill this country financially,spiritually with scare tactics..sad thing,scratch that,pitiful thing every one gave it away with a smile..well hell mask was on
.daddy gubbrmant grounded youpeople & all you people did was say 'thank you daddy" i dont know to live with a flu..mutant but still a rough ridin' flu..stay stuck im out enjoying my freedom..ill send pics

maybe against the British East India Company?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Anglo-Afghan_War

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2020, 08:54:12 AM »
Our neighbor has installed a motion detecting light on the side of her ADU that ONLY points into our yard. It is less than 3 feet from our fence. In December she was told to take it down by the Building and Permit Department because it violated code. It’s back up. No one is responding. What is my recourse? We have an established feral cat community in the neighborhood so it will go off all night long directly into our children’s bedroom.

158 comments

If the camera faces right into your back yard, take up naked yoga. Give her something to look at.

Paint ball

lots of people suggesting BB guns for some reason?

Make friends

I’d just make a giant sign, attached to the fence (on your side of course) that says “eff your motion lights” added bonus, if the sign is big enough it will block the light from your kids room.
(Pure snark here, I mean, I’d do that, though I know others may find it rude)

lots of folks suggesting something like this:
Looked to see if Reddit/r/legal advice had anything. Came across this clever technique on one forum
“ had a neighbor that did the same thing. Their "security" light felt like it was a minisun. I tried playing nice, no go. So I bought some 16 foot poles, some thin boards to go between them, and some reflective plastic roll. I set it up where it was in my yard a couple feet off the fence but set up in such a way that it almost completely reflects the light back to their house.
Worked great. He bitched at me, I ignored him. He moved his light. I moved my reflector. He finally pointed the damned thing down at his own yard.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydroponics-Mylar-Reflective-Material-White/dp/B004P4322U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442327353&sr=8-2&keywords=reflective+material

Letters from lawyers are more effective than BB guns.
Though you could put an offer on her house.

after another suggestion of BB guns the OP mentioned there were cameras facing her yard

moon her!!

Since I’m out of work I’d be happy to take a gig and yodel at their house about obnoxious lighting all day, out of tune of course, (like I Do)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2020, 08:20:15 PM »
just experienced a very disturbing situation.
A neighbor has been putting out their “free” items for about three weeks now. Not a problem, but it created one this morning. A woman was driving by in her black BMW and stopped, reversed, and started sifting  through the box of junk. As she finishes doing this, my granddaughter’s friend is crossing the road with our takeout. The woman, white, in her 40s, with dark hair, yelled at the friend “THROW ME YOUR KEYS N-WORD”. Now, he’s not African American, but our neighbors are. She also made a gun gesture at him. She also had a red baseball cap in her car.
Beyond disgusted and disappointed.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2020, 11:27:23 PM »
Sounds like a reverse Blacks Rule! maneuver to me.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2020, 08:57:12 AM »
Dear citizens, can you please NOT use your shoe soles for pressing pedestrian lights to cross the street? Use your elbows, paper napkins, anything not so dirty as your shoe sole. There are people who still use their fingertips to press them and you are potentially exposing them not just to coronavirus, but also to all kinds of germs you find on the street. Thank you!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2020, 09:46:49 AM »
Title: Kids throwing rocks

Hi All.

Sharing this video with you of these two boys who seem to be throwing rocks across the street at one another. The rock that hit my front door was pretty large, after noticing the video I went and snagged it. I could only imagine if it hit that boy in the face, yikes. I’m obviously concerned about the safety of the two as well as the windows on my home and cars nearby. I know kids can be bored during this time but there are better things to do than walk on opposite sides of the street and throw rocks at one another.

Ah, yeah! Good ol' fashioned rock fight!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2020, 10:42:08 AM »
I just encountered this “gentleman”, stealing plants from our property at *APARTMENT COMPLEX*.  He says his name is Gauge Strongarm and he is exceptionally rude and entitled.  When confronted, he admitted that he was looking for baby succulents for propagation and that he didn’t care that we objected - we would have happily let him pick if he had approached us appropriately. 
Quite a lesson in how to approach others to get what one wants in life.

also posted a pic of the dude caught in the act and a shirtless photo of him(?) and then a debate raged on about clipping succulents

Where did you get that second shirtless photo of him? Did he give it to you? How odd.

I was in our parking lot and he was walking through our property on the *public trail*. I saw him crawling around in the plants and asked him if he had lost something and he told me what he was doing and did so with an insolent tone. I responded that it was private property and that he should have asked permission. Had he been lovely and approached with kindness, he could have taken whatever he wanted.
He offered his “name” and his phone number so I could call the police.
I have never met him before. He is a tattoo artist in San Francisco.

This is an excellent example of privilege on your part. You not only disrespected someone’s right to privacy by putting their face online, your also exposing them to potential harassment. All because someone took a flower from you! If you’re trying to make an example out of him you are doing the exact opposite and I think you are the one with the problem.

great little side convo!

Quote from: wow he's trans guy
Interestingly according to this article he is female to male transgender.

(^^^big no-no in libland)

he is very open about that. However, I’m having trouble seeing why this was worth mentioning.

not worth mentioning, you’re an bad person.

You don't know anything about me. I have two friends who are trans women.

do you have black friends? Does that also make you not a racist?

Reported again for harassement.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:10 AM »
incredible

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2020, 03:19:10 PM »
this was actually a pretty good thread

I have an unpopular opinion that no one asked me for.
I'm not ready to go to phase 2 reopening. I'm not going to eat/drink at any bars or restaurants. I hope curbside and pick up options continue. I'm no big baller, but when I can, I'll pick up from local places. I want everyone to succeed but I don't feel we are ready based on history.
I'm writing this in the hopes that others post what they are willing or not willing to do so local businesses know what local Peeps think

400 likes, 282 comments. Looks like lot of rich folks are gonna keep staying at home.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2020, 03:35:22 PM »
400 likes, 282 comments. Looks like lot of rich folks are gonna keep staying at home.

CanCo.  I mean, I'll try to have a beer on a patio on a nice day, but I'd guess my actual going out to a bar or restaurant is going to be cut by 80% through the rest of the year.  I might feel differently in a couple months, but I dunno.
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2020, 07:07:30 PM »
apparently people stealing catalytic converters off of Priuses is a big deal in my neighborhood

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2020, 03:09:28 PM »
For all that live on ----------- st! There is a man staying in your basement!! 6'2 long hair and beard. Carries a back back
White male. Skinny. Long hair long breard

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2020, 03:48:26 PM »
For all that live on ----------- st! There is a man staying in your basement!! 6'2 long hair and beard. Carries a back back

what

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2020, 05:56:15 PM »
Drugs?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »

what

Jay
You got a picture or something of him? Does the police know?

Rachel
So, this man is staying in everyone’s basement that lives on protected street?

OP
I know who he is protected name. I even have a picture if you want
He someone how gets in you're basement

Pete after OP posts the suspects picture
If you know the person, clearly have their photo, and have their location...why not call the police instead of alarming an entire neighborhood?

Tina
That looks like an old photo of Charles Manson

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2020, 02:22:55 PM »
Anyone know what’s up with the helicopter circling?

Been circling for 40 minutes. Now it’s saying the k9 unit has been released, give yourself up or the dog will bite you. Residents stay in their home

yea- heard that too. Armed robbery suspect running is what our neighbor said she looked up and read

and then we get a jokester! :curse:

Someone isn’t wearing a mask

^^ not helping

I disagree. Humor is helpful

not when you’re sitting in your backyard enjoying a cocktail playing cards and helicopters are circling over head with a loudspeaker telling residents to stay inside, and that the “dog will find you.”
There’s a time and a place for humor, and frankly this isn’t it.