Author Topic: No 2020 College Football :-(  (Read 94947 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: No 2020 College Football :-(
« Reply #750 on: August 10, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »
Listening to Powl Powl Powl on the way back from a socially distanced mask wearing appointment (traveling on the jam packed with Northerners I-65 corridor, with their RV's, trailers, bicycles, tow racks, fishing rods lashed to the roof, and 8 kids all zonked out piled 2 deep in their gas guzzling American made SUV's). 

The SEC has invested a crap ton of $ into playing football this year.   Sankey is going to make any rash decisions.

To cRusty's point, it was brought up several times about if they're going to keep kids on campus they may as well play the games, and it was also pointed out that many of the student-athletes would be better off staying under the athletic department healthcare umbrella.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 10, 2020, 05:06:57 PM »
Listening to Powl Powl Powl on the way back from a socially distanced mask wearing appointment (traveling on the jam packed with Northerners I-65 corridor, with their RV's, trailers, bicycles, tow racks, fishing rods lashed to the roof, and 8 kids all zonked out piled 2 deep in their gas guzzling American made SUV's). 

The SEC has invested a crap ton of $ into playing football this year.   Sankey is going to make any rash decisions.

To cRusty's point, it was brought up several times about if they're going to keep kids on campus they may as well play the games, and it was also pointed out that many of the student-athletes would be better off staying under the athletic department healthcare umbrella.

what are the top state plates you see coming down that way? I would love to see one of those vacation maps with where different regions go it would be a great addition to the maps thread.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 10, 2020, 05:15:33 PM »

what are the top state plates you see coming down that way? I would love to see one of those vacation maps with where different regions go it would be a great addition to the maps thread.

Ill-Ohio-Mo, I don't count Tenn-Ken, after that IN, IA.   It appears that a number of out-of-state Collie Culters were traversing that corridor to I-10 West based on the number aTm stickers and looking at their academic calendar.   I don't know if they cancelled their usual cult like freak show pre-class start activities or not.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 10, 2020, 05:24:50 PM »
I agree with all the "bring 'em back" arguments flying around here.  However, there is no rough ridin' way in hell that this conference ever "kicks someone out."  Will NEVER happen.  Ever.

counterpoint: we should kick baylor's ass completely out
I’m behind this

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 10, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »
There's at minimum, 12 other infections/conditions that can cause Myocarditis besides SARS-Covid-19.

As the SEC doc said, they monitor that situation after any type of infection in a student-athlete, and have for years.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 10, 2020, 06:16:27 PM »
This is where that liability shield would come in super handy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 10, 2020, 08:15:05 PM »
Wrong forum, wrong thread

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 10, 2020, 10:39:51 PM »
And we could get back to 12 by telling NU they can bring Iowa with them. And we can sweeten it even further by telling them psych, we're actually going to still be 10 teams because we're kicking out WV and Baylor!

If we could do that and get Colorado back from the Pac 12, and Mizzou from the SEC, yes please. I'll take two

Pass

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 10, 2020, 10:41:36 PM »
He definitely has issues.

https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1292847141422018562

A huge reason why that dumb rough ridin' map was dumb.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 10, 2020, 11:15:42 PM »
I'm fine with taking Mizzou back but eff Colorado.

They're dumb rough ridin' weirdos that suck at everything but think they are amazing. ISU West. You white people cango hiking and skiing without them grossing up our crap. The weed thing isn't even unique anymore.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 10, 2020, 11:25:17 PM »
I agree with all the "bring 'em back" arguments flying around here.  However, there is no rough ridin' way in hell that this conference ever "kicks someone out."  Will NEVER happen.  Ever.

counterpoint: we should kick baylor's ass completely out
I’m behind this

They're literally better than TCU at everything. TCU, who is really good at deplorable scandals, aren't even best at that. Their greatest accomplishment is having a coach who sweats and says nigga a lot. Their other coach looks like a dollar tree ken doll dad.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 10, 2020, 11:29:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/MountainWest/status/1292951642430570496

didn't see this mentioned but I imagine all the G6 conferences will be doing this too

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 10, 2020, 11:42:37 PM »
Those schools don't have the money to support a strident series of protocols.

The average MW school has a total athletic budget that's less than the Big 12 conference distribution just for TV.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 11, 2020, 01:57:46 AM »
https://twitter.com/lukezim/status/1292851069761060864

Kinda Pit’y but also kinda LOL, so I’m leaving it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 11, 2020, 07:37:12 AM »
Where would we say the "power" in the ACC lies?  Surely it's not with the late joining Northeast schools, is it? I had always assumed UNC, Duke, Clemson, Va Tech, Georgia Tech.  Am I wrong? :dunno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 11, 2020, 07:38:39 AM »
The Swine Flu pandemic infected 65m to 75m Americans and put just short of half a million Americans in the hospital.   At peak the Emergency rooms and ICU’s from coast to coast not a few cities, but nationwide, were nearly completely overwhelmed.  The only thing that saved the country from a mass casualty event measured in the hundreds of thousands instead of the tens of thousands.  Was the fact that swine flu was derived from a known and much less virulent virus.

Nothing stopped, in fact it was a punch line for the most part.

Now apparently, the notion of playing football in a controlled environment of social distancing, masking and limited, possibly no fan involvement in the venues.  With constant testing and constant medical oversight of the players is akin to some ghoulish desire to see people die?

Wow.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 11, 2020, 07:51:00 AM »
Where would we say the "power" in the ACC lies?  Surely it's not with the late joining Northeast schools, is it? I had always assumed UNC, Duke, Clemson, Va Tech, Georgia Tech.  Am I wrong? :dunno:

UNC, Duke & UVA run the show is what fans of other ACC schools say. They just say Tobacco Road when talking about who makes conference decisions, but I think in that context it’s implied UVA is included.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 11, 2020, 07:55:39 AM »

UNC, Duke & UVA run the show is what fans of other ACC schools say. They just say Tobacco Road when talking about who makes conference decisions, but I think in that context it’s implied UVA is included.

Doh, forgot UVA.  Yeah, so every one of those is a "red" state in SD/MIR's discussed map above then. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 11, 2020, 08:29:55 AM »

Doh, forgot UVA.  Yeah, so every one of those is a "red" state in SD/MIR's discussed map above then.
Virginia is blue.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 11, 2020, 08:32:49 AM »
Those stripes on Nebraska tho

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 11, 2020, 08:36:34 AM »
https://twitter.com/lukezim/status/1292851069761060864

Kinda Pit’y but also kinda LOL, so I’m leaving it.

I LOL'd pretty hard