Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 55610 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #850 on: September 17, 2021, 08:00:29 PM »
I would assume a majority do not have a primary care physician that they see on the reg. I fully hope they figure out how long antibodies last but if I currently have the antibodies (as of last time I gave blood) honestly why get the vaccine? (Not trying to start an argument am just curious as to your thoughts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counterpoint, what do you think the harm would be?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 17, 2021, 08:21:22 PM »
I would assume a majority do not have a primary care physician that they see on the reg. I fully hope they figure out how long antibodies last but if I currently have the antibodies (as of last time I gave blood) honestly why get the vaccine? (Not trying to start an argument am just curious as to your thoughts)

Absolutely nothing, I don’t get the point though. Maybe my balls will swell?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 18, 2021, 01:39:38 AM »
You don’t know if you still have the antibodies. You do know that the vaccine works and is safe. I was in quarantine for like 5 weeks while my entire family got covid. I got tested 7 times. Negative every time. I still got the vaccine as soon as I could, will get the booster as soon as I can, and will put my little girls in a full Nelson to make them get the vaccine once it’s approved for their age later this year.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 18, 2021, 01:46:59 AM »
Also, my kids are very normal about hating shots and freaking the eff out. So when they asked why we got vaccines but we didn’t this spring, I told them it was because scientists were still working on “mosquito bite technology” to administer the kids’ shots with special needles designed like mosquito bites that are super sneaky and don’t hurt. I’ve been laying that groundwork for six months, and every time they get a mosquito bite now they’re like “wow that was a great idea, scientists!”
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 18, 2021, 07:06:55 AM »

just went today and got a $50 gift card at dillons. maybe another $50 for the second shot. but there is some harm though, have to consider that side effects could prevent you from doing some things depending on how bad or how long they last.

how does one lose antibodies? is it like each antibody has a certain lifespan, so it doesn't matter if you have a billion or a gazillion of them, they'll just die at the same time? or is it like you lose a certain amount each day, so if you had a gazillion of them you're set for life?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 07:10:39 AM by stunted »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: September 18, 2021, 11:02:46 AM »
Science

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 18, 2021, 02:04:21 PM »

just went today and got a $50 gift card at dillons. maybe another $50 for the second shot. but there is some harm though, have to consider that side effects could prevent you from doing some things depending on how bad or how long they last.

how does one lose antibodies? is it like each antibody has a certain lifespan, so it doesn't matter if you have a billion or a gazillion of them, they'll just die at the same time? or is it like you lose a certain amount each day, so if you had a gazillion of them you're set for life?

'grats on vaxing and thank you :cheers:

dunno about antibody lifespan but honestly don't care. Just blindly following the advice of doctors and scientists because they know more than me and there isn't some grand conspiracy.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 18, 2021, 07:24:17 PM »

An individual antibody molecule like IgG has a half life of about 30 days in the plasma before it gets recycled. Plasma cells (a descendant of B cells) moving in the blood stream produce more antibodies as needed.  Adaptive immunity (the part of the immune system that distinguishes between self and nonself antigens in response to infections or vaccinations) is truly incredible.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 30, 2021, 07:06:29 PM »
Ben ji's dad has had the vid for about a week. Fever and bad cough/congestion but doing better the last couple of days.

Parents were planning to leave on a road trip out west on Saturday but that has been delayed now.

Unvaccinated of course.
Guess who got his first shot today?!? Besides still feeling like crap 4 weeks after getting Covid the thing that put him over the top is he was out on the farm and in western KS they are offering some sort of "Rural Incentive" where you get a $50 gift card for getting chipped.

It was too good of a deal to pass up.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 30, 2021, 07:19:41 PM »
:lol:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 30, 2021, 07:26:46 PM »
Ben ji's dad has had the vid for about a week. Fever and bad cough/congestion but doing better the last couple of days.

Parents were planning to leave on a road trip out west on Saturday but that has been delayed now.

Unvaccinated of course.
Guess who got his first shot today?!? Besides still feeling like crap 4 weeks after getting Covid the thing that put him over the top is he was out on the farm and in western KS they are offering some sort of "Rural Incentive" where you get a $50 gift card for getting chipped.

Hopefully it was just for the $50. Be kinda like putting a condom on to have sex with your pregnant wife at this point since it’s been 4 weeks.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 30, 2021, 09:08:07 PM »

Unvaccinated of course.

Hopefully it was just for the $50. Be kinda like putting a condom on to have sex with your pregnant wife at this point since it’s been 4 weeks.

Toss in a bit of snake venom and Benji's dad is prob gonna be asking people w/ covid to cough in his face just to test all he new armor out.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 30, 2021, 09:09:35 PM »

Unvaccinated of course.

hell yeah

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 04, 2022, 08:55:54 AM »
Myself and Mrs cf3 have it right now

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 04, 2022, 08:57:42 AM »
Yeah, I'm starting to think everyone has had it already in some form. Stay safe, cf3! Make sure to take plenty of cough medicine and cough drops.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 04, 2022, 09:00:40 AM »
I don’t even have a single symptom. Just taking it easy for a few days. Mrs CF3 has basically a lil sniffle

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 04, 2022, 09:12:13 AM »
Yeah, this new strand is a lil baby back b! Super pud!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 04, 2022, 10:42:46 AM »
Mrs SF has it. She is achy and has a bit of sinus stuff. Nothing bad though. She is quarantined in the bedroom. I'm still negative, but have no idea how. Going to wait another day and test to see if I have still somehow avoided. If it weren't for the kids, I'd prob just go in and lick her face just to get it over with. It appears that we are all getting this one at some point.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 04, 2022, 10:50:14 AM »
I don’t even have a single symptom. Just taking it easy for a few days. Mrs CF3 has basically a lil sniffle

When did you test positive?  If you make it through without losing taste/smell you may be a superhuman and require additional clinical study.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 04, 2022, 11:50:34 AM »
Yeah, I'm starting to think everyone has had it already in some form. Stay safe, cf3! Make sure to take plenty of cough medicine and cough drops.

I've had enough tests and antibody tests that I'm certain that I haven't had it. I'm getting annoyed at how frequently I've had to test because of close contacts and exposures at work.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: January 04, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »

When did you test positive?  If you make it through without losing taste/smell you may be a superhuman and require additional clinical study.

Sunday. Most people I know getting it now aren't losing taste and smell. Just watching movies with the kids and playing board games. Gonna kick their butt in Risk shortly.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 04, 2022, 10:50:56 PM »
Had my first known close contact. I got boosted roughly two weeks ago so I'm at peak immunity right now from what I've read. Was around the person for about a half hour yesterday and they texted me this morning that they had symptoms and tested positive. Also was around two others yesterday that have fevers today but they are waiting on results. Advice I was given was to mask up for a few days and get tested on day five if I don't come down with any symptoms before then.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 04, 2022, 10:56:18 PM »
Lmao my brother’s girlfriend got it we are all home for the holidays no tests available in ICT til friday.

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 05, 2022, 08:48:17 AM »
Lmao my brother’s girlfriend got it we are all home for the holidays no tests available in ICT til friday.

Drive to a Walgreens and also check the CVS that is prob across the street. Don't rely on the website to see if they have any available. The at home tests are around, you just have to get a bit lucky.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 05, 2022, 08:50:45 AM »
or if you're vaxxed and aren't sick and don't need to be around anyone immunocompromised: don't get tested