Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 55661 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #825 on: September 17, 2021, 02:42:45 PM »
I think if everyone wasn't fear mongered and took care of themselves this wouldn't be something you'd be so worried about. This isn't going away anytime soon if ever.
More sun, more sleep, less processed foods, more exercise.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 17, 2021, 02:44:39 PM »
jesus
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 17, 2021, 02:45:22 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 17, 2021, 02:50:22 PM »
I think if everyone wasn't fear mongered and took care of themselves this wouldn't be something you'd be so worried about. This isn't going away anytime soon if ever.

Are you familiar with smallpox?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 17, 2021, 02:51:01 PM »

I think if you haven't already got covid-19 you should certainly get the vaccine. Also spanish flu would've been a better example.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 03:22:00 PM by yoga-like_abana »

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 17, 2021, 02:52:51 PM »
Let us forget all about the part where this hits people with genetic predisposition extremely hard and not just fat out of shape people.  Rheumatoid arthritis, Type 1 diabetes, etc, you should have just been born healthy you nincompoop!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 17, 2021, 02:58:42 PM »
I'm not afraid of getting covid but I'd be pissed if I caught it from an unvaccinated dumbass

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 17, 2021, 03:11:09 PM »
The whole fat shaming vs vaccine shaming argument is bullshit.  Like how people say if the message from the beginning was to live a healthier lifestyle then you would be safe would have made a difference.  If you choose to live an unhealthy lifestyle, you already know you should be healthier.  Most of those people aren't changing crap.  Oh and hey, how bout the gov just get rid of fast food joints!  They can't mandate vaccines, but they can take away our eating choices!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 17, 2021, 03:15:44 PM »
The whole fat shaming vs vaccine shaming argument is bullshit.  Like how people say if the message from the beginning was to live a healthier lifestyle then you would be safe would have made a difference.  If you choose to live an unhealthy lifestyle, you already know you should be healthier.  Most of those people aren't changing crap.  Oh and hey, how bout the gov just get rid of fast food joints!  They can't mandate vaccines, but they can take away our eating choices!

you just have to remember the reaction to Michelle Obama suggesting that we put vegetables in school lunch to know the "just be healthy instead of vaxxing" crowd is totally full of crap overall

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 17, 2021, 03:18:45 PM »

I think if you haven't already got covid-19 you should certainly get the vaccine.
That doesn't apply to the ~48M Americans <12 y/o.

While less likely to suffer long-term covid or die, these kids will also be passing it on to the immunocompromised and those with waning immunity (whether vaxxed or natural). They have also been shown to get far sicker, and much more often since Delta arrived.

It's currently a southern "problem", but won't be for long. What happens when there aren't enough nurses, respirators, resp. therapists, liquid oxygen, etc. to just fly in and help fill in the gaps?

But yes, let's just send them to bed earlier and have them run around outside more. That should help combat this disease that has killed 1/500 Americans...SO FAR, and altered life as they knew it for countless others.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 17, 2021, 03:19:31 PM »
It's not bullshit, if you live a healthier lifestyle you are healthier.  Can't take away your eating choices but they can tax the crap out of it they wanted to.
I've already stated numerous times if you haven't gotten covid-19 you certainly should get the vaccine.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 17, 2021, 03:27:16 PM »
It's not bullshit, if you live a healthier lifestyle you are healthier.  Can't take away your eating choices but they can tax the crap out of it they wanted to.
I've already stated numerous times if you haven't gotten covid-19 you certainly should get the vaccine.

I agree with that part, but the idea that living a healthier lifestyle is a substitute for the vaccine is just dumb.  Not saying that is your argument, but it has shown up a lot on my social media.  Not to mention that even if an obese\overweight person wanted to change their lifestyle, at this point it's too late in regards to staying unvaccinated.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 17, 2021, 03:30:53 PM »
Question: Did anybody else's weight subject you, your family or your friends to any negative health risks this week? How about anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers, or those unable to get vaccinated?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 17, 2021, 03:32:48 PM »
I'm not afraid of getting covid but I'd be pissed if I caught it from an unvaccinated dumbass

Same, or if one of those dumbasses gave it to my kid or family member.  :curse:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 17, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »

I agree with that part, but the idea that living a healthier lifestyle is a substitute for the vaccine is just dumb.  Not saying that is your argument, but it has shown up a lot on my social media.  Not to mention that even if an obese\overweight person wanted to change their lifestyle, at this point it's too late in regards to staying unvaccinated.
Agreed 100% and yes unfortunately fast food and tv has made us a lazy lethargic group of people but it's easy.  Also why more and more men are having lower testosterone levels at younger ages.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: September 17, 2021, 03:37:34 PM »
Question: Did anybody else's weight subject you, your family or your friends to any negative health risks this week? How about anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers, or those unable to get vaccinated?
Yes, my fat friend that works out with me did less reps in a partner workout so I had to do more work. And nope but we have seen an upswing with our 3 year old getting sick more often recently now that things have picked back up.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 17, 2021, 03:38:51 PM »
Yes, my fat friend that works out with me did less reps in a partner workout so I had to do more work. And nope but we have seen an upswing with our 3 year old getting sick more often recently now that things have picked back up.
T's & P's

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 17, 2021, 03:43:36 PM »

I'd say that's a positive in the health department.  Get swole!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 17, 2021, 04:04:14 PM »

Been thinking about this. My kids have been sick twice already this school year. I think we made it all last year with one minor cold. Same mask requirements at school. I'm sure its because people are getting out more so the kids are getting exposed to more staff than last year, but I was hoping we were going to track the same this year because of the school mask requirements. Did the kid cold virus mutate and now masks don't work on them anymore?  :ohno:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 17, 2021, 05:30:59 PM »
You know who has always gotten on fat people about their weight? Their doctors. You know why? Because their actual job is to tell their patients how to be healthy.

That’s completely different than getting on idiots who aren’t taking 10 minutes out of their lives to minimize their risk of spreading a deadly disease. Even if you already had COVID there’s no ambiguity in the science, you still benefit from the vaccine.

I hope all these people’s doctors are also telling them to get vaccinated for their own health, but acting like that’s why people are fed up with the unvaccinated is a stupid false narrative. The drag they are putting on the health of others are the economy in general is unimaginably out of proportion to the burden it would take to get a shot.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 17, 2021, 05:37:22 PM »
I would assume a majority do not have a primary care physician that they see on the reg. I fully hope they figure out how long antibodies last but if I currently have the antibodies (as of last time I gave blood) honestly why get the vaccine? (Not trying to start an argument am just curious as to your thoughts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 17, 2021, 05:40:08 PM »
I would assume a majority do not have a primary care physician that they see on the reg. I fully hope they figure out how long antibodies last but if I currently have the antibodies (as of last time I gave blood) honestly why get the vaccine? (Not trying to start an argument am just curious as to your thoughts)

I recall seeing a few articles a couple weeks ago about how those who have recovered from covid and later received a vaccine have "super immunity" (stupid term) to the virus. So, that's a pretty compelling reason.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 17, 2021, 06:29:13 PM »
If you just work hard you don’t have to worry about rona

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 17, 2021, 07:43:34 PM »
Pull yourself up by your immunity straps

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 17, 2021, 07:57:20 PM »
Ever heard of anyone with abs dying from covid? Me neither.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best