Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 56309 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2020, 10:39:35 AM »
I still don't know of anyone in in California who's definitely had it yet. But goddam I know some aggressive DIY contact tracers. My daughter still does swim team and someone from our carpool quarantined their kid for a week because their son spent an hour outdoors with a kid who had been exposed to a positive case at an outdoor soccer practice. The kid at practice got tested but didn't get results within a week so the tier 3 quarantine is still going on.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 12, 2020, 11:32:28 AM »
someone from our carpool quarantined their kid for a week because their son spent an hour outdoors with a kid who had been exposed to a positive case at an outdoor soccer practice.

i think i already posted this somewhere when it happened, but i had to miss about a week of work because i was within 6 feet of someone who had been exposed for about five minutes, outdoors.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 12, 2020, 11:40:41 AM »
someone from our carpool quarantined their kid for a week because their son spent an hour outdoors with a kid who had been exposed to a positive case at an outdoor soccer practice.

i think i already posted this somewhere when it happened, but i had to miss about a week of work because i was within 6 feet of someone who had been exposed for about five minutes, outdoors.
That seems ridiculous

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 12, 2020, 11:50:22 AM »
California. lol

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2020, 11:54:44 AM »
We've traveled to Colorado, Arkansas, and Florida since this crap went down. Free places to stay, places to distance like the mountains and the beach, etc. All of a sudden this week, the Mrs suggested I don't see my best friend over the holidays, because he lives in LA. I tried really hard not to laugh, at how ridiculous and hypocritical that statement was. Still love her.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 12, 2020, 12:09:10 PM »

I don't think any of these people were contacted by official contact tracers, they're just doing it on their own.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 12, 2020, 12:32:03 PM »
I don't think any of these people were contacted by official contact tracers, they're just doing it on their own.

mine was just the company i was working for managing risk.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2020, 12:34:45 PM »
We've traveled to Colorado, Arkansas, and Florida since this crap went down. Free places to stay, places to distance like the mountains and the beach, etc. All of a sudden this week, the Mrs suggested I don't see my best friend over the holidays, because he lives in LA. I tried really hard not to laugh, at how ridiculous and hypocritical that statement was. Still love her.

Jealous.  I haven't been on a plane since February.  Couple car trips to exotic South Dakota and Omaha

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2020, 04:20:30 PM »

absolutely no contact tracing in kansas city
the amount of negligence that has occurred is unbelievable

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2020, 04:25:22 PM »

absolutely no contact tracing in kansas city
the amount of negligence that has occurred is unbelievable
Ain't no money. It's everywhere. In cali they have been able to keep tracing possible with lockdowns.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 12, 2020, 06:54:12 PM »
I had it a month ago. No real symptoms other than feeling winded after things that shouldn’t make you feel that way. A month later though and it’s just as bad or worse. So either Covid can wear you out super easy a month after you get it or the shape I am in is comparable to your average 85 year old.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 13, 2020, 10:31:20 AM »
Old man is doing much better, congestion about gone but says he gets super fatigued quickly. Although drove from MHK to Texas and worked so probably not doing much to help but who knows. also daris get better

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 13, 2020, 10:44:35 AM »
Old man is doing much better, congestion about gone but says he gets super fatigued quickly. Although drove from MHK to Texas and worked so probably not doing much to help but who knows. also daris get better
Glad to hear it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 13, 2020, 11:49:06 AM »
that's fantastic, yla.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 13, 2020, 11:54:32 AM »
Two families I knew that had it, have serious comorbidities based on what I've read (obese, diabetes, heart disease) and are over it without much concern.  Kind of pisses me off they have been so lax about the whole thing (weddings, eating indoors) and I've got no comorbidities, no kids, and I'm not doing any of those things to help keep the spread down.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 14, 2020, 12:18:13 PM »
We just had a friends grandma get diagnosed and a family friends family member just got diagnosed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 14, 2020, 04:15:21 PM »
Just got word from the Red Cross that my AtlasChip is on board. I'm another brick in the wall of herd immunity.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 14, 2020, 04:56:14 PM »
What a great feature to entice people to donate. That’s p cool.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 14, 2020, 04:59:09 PM »
Just got word from the Red Cross that my AtlasChip is on board. I'm another brick in the wall of herd immunity.

Any idea when you had it?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 14, 2020, 05:15:14 PM »
Blood pressure is perfect, congrats.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 14, 2020, 05:46:05 PM »

Any idea when you had it?
I had a positive PCR test on 11/10/2020. Very mild symptoms that lasted about three days. Just signed up with the Red Cross to possibly donate convalescent plasma. Anxious to see if they call!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 14, 2020, 05:48:14 PM »
What a great feature to entice people to donate. That’s p cool.
I agree. Maybe after the pandemic, they could do hemoglobin a1c and cholesterol to screen for diabetes and heart disease risk.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 14, 2020, 06:22:38 PM »
This reminded me to create a Red Cross account, expected to have been negative in Aug and was.
They have a pretty decent app (lists all of my donations dating back to like 1998). I had two previous negative antibody tests with them prior to getting this result today.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2020, 07:25:41 PM »
KC Community Blood Center gives you total cholesterol.  I was surprised Red Cross didn't.  I donated blood with Red Cross first time in October to try out the antibody test (which KC CBC does now too) but was negative.  Never thought I had it for any reason.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2020, 07:58:38 PM »
i’d do it if they had outside donation chairs

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.