Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 58212 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #300 on: December 17, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »
I got signed up to donate convalescent plasma but I can't do it until next month because of a recent blood donation. I've never donated plasma before. Is it a lot different than donating whole blood.

Also, one of Mrs SSOC's friends' husband got re-admitted to a hospital in KC yesterday. In early 70s. Originally, diagnosed with COVID in early Nov. Spent about 10 days in ICU and was sent home on O2. Looked like he'd aged about 10 yrs in 10 days. Started feeling worse again this week. Now found to have blood clots in his lungs and is back in the hospital.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2020, 08:39:24 AM »
I THINK plasma takes longer

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 17, 2020, 09:34:46 AM »
I got signed up to donate convalescent plasma but I can't do it until next month because of a recent blood donation. I've never donated plasma before. Is it a lot different than donating whole blood.
I did it twice a week in college. Takes around an hour. Bring a book or do homework or something.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 17, 2020, 10:08:33 AM »
I did it twice a week in college. Takes around an hour. Bring a book or do homework or something.

Does your blood going "back in" hurt?  Seems it would.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 17, 2020, 10:15:41 AM »
the only "job" I've ever been fired from is donating plasma in college. I did it once and there was something in my blood that said I maybe had the flu or a cold or something and they actually pulled me into the office and kind of accused me of drinking too much and let me know I was "terminated from the program". It was very bizarre.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 17, 2020, 10:17:09 AM »

Does your blood going "back in" hurt?  Seems it would.
It just feels cold. It's kinda cool.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 17, 2020, 10:19:12 AM »
the only "job" I've ever been fired from is donating plasma in college. I did it once and there was something in my blood that said I maybe had the flu or a cold or something and they actually pulled me into the office and kind of accused me of drinking too much and let me know I was "terminated from the program". It was very bizarre.
That's super weird. 99% of the people there are college lushes, trying to make extra coin to go back out again.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2020, 10:25:20 AM »
That's super weird. 99% of the people there are college lushes, trying to make extra coin to go back out again.

I know, that made it extra humiliating

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2020, 10:28:38 AM »
That sucks, Mich. I still have a huge mark on my arm from where they use to stick me, because I went so much. Had an ex girlfriends mom in college think I was a junkie, because of the mark.  :lol: :bang:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2020, 11:07:31 AM »
That sucks, Mich. I still have a huge mark on my arm from where they use to stick me, because I went so much. Had an ex girlfriends mom in college think I was a junkie, because of the mark.  :lol: :bang:
:horrorsurprise:

I don't really like having my blood drawn. I usually do okay with donating blood as long as I don't look at the venipuncture site and try to distract my self by scrolling gE on my phone. One time there was a tech who decided to root around after one of my little forearm veins instead of the huge fat one that they normally access, I just about fainted. Hopefully I'll be able to distract myself from two needles.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2020, 11:09:11 AM »

so much to unpack here

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2020, 11:55:39 AM »
It was $85 dollars a week. You can only give so much based off your weight (they paid based off this as well), so if I was losing weight or something, i'd wear extra clothes too.  :D

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2020, 11:59:30 AM »
It was $85 dollars a week. You can only give so much based off your weight (they paid based off this as well), so if I was losing weight or something, i'd wear extra clothes too.  :D
twice a week, for 5 years, @pissclams:shakesfist: It was going to leave a mark!

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2020, 12:01:12 PM »
twice a week, for 5 years, @pissclams:shakesfist: It was going to leave a mark!
I went freshman year and that was it. Then i got an on campus job and never looked back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2020, 12:08:13 PM »
Yeah, I worked too. Carlos O Kelly's, baby!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
Yeah, I definitely funded at least 1 spring break trip by selling my plasma while attending Kansas State University.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2020, 08:36:17 PM »

That place on the west side off Anderson, across the street from Westloop? Those MFs did the same thing to me :curse:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2020, 08:39:56 PM »
maybe you two drunks should have concentrated more on your grades and less on catching a buzz. sad.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 17, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »
maybe you two drunks should have concentrated more on your grades and less on catching a buzz. sad.
:D

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 17, 2020, 09:08:34 PM »
I also worked at a plasma center in college. As in, I was actually employed there. Screened people and performed phlebotomy and plasmapheresis with minimal training. We mostly saw junkies and budding alcoholic scholars come through. That job sucked, and I threw up the deuces after about 5 months to focus on my scholastic endeavours.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 17, 2020, 09:11:34 PM »
I also worked at a plasma center in college. As in, I was actually employed there. Screened people and performed phlebotomy and plasmapheresis with minimal training. We mostly saw junkies and budding alcoholic scholars come through. That job sucked, and I threw up the deuces after about 5 months to focus on my scholastic endeavours.
Jokes on you!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 17, 2020, 09:27:27 PM »

That place on the west side off Anderson, across the street from Westloop? Those MFs did the same thing to me :curse:

Yes that's it! LMAO

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 17, 2020, 10:08:55 PM »
sounds like you two are blood brothers

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 17, 2020, 10:09:45 PM »
sounds like you two are blood brothers

blood brother booze hounds

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap