Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 56474 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2020, 05:18:11 PM »
After a week, wife is feeling back to normal except she cannot smell anything. I had very minor “cold symptoms”. One of the kids had “minor cold symptoms” but is basically back to normal. The huge spectrum of severity from person to person and the loss of smell is really weird.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2020, 08:08:35 PM »
Sister in law took a turn for the worse. Hard time getting out of bed, wheezy and fever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2020, 09:53:20 PM »
Mom has been recovering from it for about a month now.  Her husband is having a hard time and is on oxygen. 

My brother in TX is supposed to get married next month and I'm the best man.  T'S & P's.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »
Mom has been recovering from it for about a month now.  Her husband is having a hard time and is on oxygen. 

My brother in TX is supposed to get married next month and I'm the best man.  T'S & P's.

No chance of postponing? Glad your mom is recovering

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2020, 12:28:48 AM »

Hello my friend, hatin' ass francis, sad to hear that about your mom's hubby, all the best to them both.

How big is this wedding? Indoor/outdoor?

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2020, 09:29:53 AM »

Sorry to hear this IRL friend HF.  Prayers to your mom and her husband and the rest of your family as well.   Good luck to your brother and his bride to be.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2020, 05:26:31 PM »
My friend does. Late 30's, bad cold but recovering. She's the going to bars and restaurants type and hasn't slowed down at all during covid, so it's not a surprise at all that she got it. I've avoided seeing her this year that reason.

Somewhat lol, but she was supposed to go to manhattan last week to bar hop and then one of the people she was going to go with tested positive and they had to cancel the trip and then she tested positive a week later.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 17, 2020, 06:10:08 PM »
He said he loved his family and had a great life. Ready to go home. A great man.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2020, 06:35:32 PM »
He said he loved his family and had a great life. Ready to go home. A great man.
Sorry for your loss

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 17, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
Sorry to hear ESU. Glad he had a great life, sorry he’s gone too soon
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2020, 02:24:38 AM »
i'm sorry, esu.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
Thanks everyone. Sad he's gone, but happy I got to know him, if that makes sense.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2020, 12:26:35 PM »
Thanks everyone. Sad he's gone, but happy I got to know him, if that makes sense.
It does

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2020, 10:19:58 AM »
Dad has it, minor symptoms so far, cough, short of breath, no fever.  Was wearing a mask when exposed, so hopefully things won't get worse.  Got it from a guy at church who knew he was exposed, but still didn't wear a mask.

So it has been 17 days since dad has tested positive (19 days since symptoms started), and is pretty much back to normal... still has no taste.  He was isolating in the basement away from my mom and she seemed to be fine, no symptoms, etc until last Thursday, 15 days after dad's symptoms started.  He didn't break isolation after 10 days into it either.  Mom got tested the day her symptoms started (both rapid and PCR) and both came back negative.  She is doing fine, congested, low grade fever, and no taste... but still goes to show this virus is hard to predict\test for.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2020, 10:53:50 AM »
So, my mom died earlier this year (not Covid) and my dad has been in a pretty bad funk. The VA has put him on anti-depressants as he's had real thoughts about suicide.  We've talked many times about Thanksgiving. We've discussed me coming up there or him coming down here.  He can't really make the 6 hour drive by himself anymore. It will crush him if I'm not able to come up. Cases are surging down here but there is nothing in his county or the counties surrounding him in KS. I'm pretty torn guys, I know that not going is the right thing to do but I don't know if I can tell him.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2020, 10:56:49 AM »
So, my mom died earlier this year (not Covid) and my dad has been in a pretty bad funk. The VA has put him on anti-depressants as he's had real thoughts about suicide.  We've talked many times about Thanksgiving. We've discussed me coming up there or him coming down here.  He can't really make the 6 hour drive by himself anymore. It will crush him if I'm not able to come up. Cases are surging down here but there is nothing in his county or the counties surrounding him in KS. I'm pretty torn guys, I know that not going is the right thing to do but I don't know if I can tell him.

Ugh, that sucks, sorry you have to even consider that.  I would say if you both tested negative before hand it wouldn't be a problem, but that doesn't seem to always be the case.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2020, 11:01:21 AM »

I'm obviously missing a lot of details but with just that info, I'm thinking you temporarily relocate him into your household now unrelated to thanksgiving and until we're all chip'd and things are relatively normal again.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2020, 11:11:14 AM »

I'm obviously missing a lot of details but with just that info, I'm thinking you temporarily relocate him into your household now unrelated to thanksgiving and until we're all chip'd and things are relatively normal again.

yes, assuming he doesn't have much of a support system in KS. drive there and pick him up. worth the covid risk IMO. Might be tricky when schools reopen but still better than him being by himself when covid inevitably hits his hometown.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2020, 11:29:53 AM »
My sister lives about a mile away and she's been good about going over there daily. She makes sure that he taking his medications and going to his doctor's visits. We keep thinking that once Covid is over, he'll be able to get out more and be more active but we may just be fooling ourselves.  I think sitting in the house all day is really bad for him.

I'll call my sister tonight and see what she thinks. My wife and I have discussed moving him down here for a while we just haven't acted on it.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2020, 11:30:58 AM »
That sucks dude

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2020, 02:15:33 PM »
y-l_a, is your dad doing okay?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2020, 02:59:13 PM »
still basically the same.. I think his biggest thing now is coughing and congestion, his voice sounds much better on the phone everyday that I talk to him though. still fatigued says if he takes a shower he has to sit down and rest but he says everything other than coughing and congestion has gotten better.
My stepmom actually drove down to TX from MHK and is staying in the room right next door. I think that has helped his spirits and she is able to bring him some healthier meal options. (She wears a n95 mask, goggles, etc. when going in to the room)
very weird though and it seems to be a day to day thing. Biggest thing with him is he is a workaholic and I know if he feels better he's going to try and work and I'm sure that will do more harm than good. He does paintless dent repair so it's not like he can sit in front of a computer like me.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2020, 03:23:11 PM »
still basically the same.. I think his biggest thing now is coughing and congestion, his voice sounds much better on the phone everyday that I talk to him though. still fatigued says if he takes a shower he has to sit down and rest but he says everything other than coughing and congestion has gotten better.
My stepmom actually drove down to TX from MHK and is staying in the room right next door. I think that has helped his spirits and she is able to bring him some healthier meal options. (She wears a n95 mask, goggles, etc. when going in to the room)
very weird though and it seems to be a day to day thing. Biggest thing with him is he is a workaholic and I know if he feels better he's going to try and work and I'm sure that will do more harm than good. He does paintless dent repair so it's not like he can sit in front of a computer like me.
Hope he has a good recovery. Good that your stepmom is keeping a close eye on him.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2020, 03:29:00 PM »
My sister lives about a mile away and she's been good about going over there daily. She makes sure that he taking his medications and going to his doctor's visits. We keep thinking that once Covid is over, he'll be able to get out more and be more active but we may just be fooling ourselves.  I think sitting in the house all day is really bad for him.

I'll call my sister tonight and see what she thinks. My wife and I have discussed moving him down here for a while we just haven't acted on it.

Good that she's there but sad it feels like he's stuck at home. Again I don't know what his situation is like but he doesn't need to be stuck in the house - he can see friends outside and your sister can probably spend time with him indoors if you all feel it can help.

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2020, 09:11:50 PM »
Been a week. 96 y/o grandma passed away Tuesday (non-covid), put my 17 y/o dog down Saturday. Wife couldn't taste breakfast Sunday morning. Rapid test at Oak Park. She's positive, I'm negative. Now quarantined in basement, working from and watching 1 y/o son. Suppose she got it working swab station at the cancer clinic she works at. Going to be a long 10 days

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk