Poll

Have you been furloughed or lost massive revenue during this pandemic?

Yes
2 (3.9%)
No
44 (86.3%)
Kinda
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Have you been furloughed or loss massive revenue during this pandemic?  (Read 17993 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Since we’re nearing 40% unemployment soon, I’d like to know how everyone is doing out there. Stay safe.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:43:58 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What’s crazy is I’m a healthcare recruiter and my job isn’t safe because who needs the Dentist during a pandemic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This poll tells it all so far. The people lecturing people about the pandemic are the ones half assing their jobs at home and soaking it all in. Sad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I voted no and I go into my office everyday.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

I'm safe for now, but I'll be damned if I act smug about it. Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Getting paid by other people’s tax dollars sounds like the American dream.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm safe for now, but I'll be damned if I act smug about it. Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

Ironically enough, I'm guessing the no vote is the only person smug about any of this. If you're safely employed with no fear of missing a paycheck at all, you almost certainly work in a place where you are at a high risk of covid exposure.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Your anger is odd and misplaced. This is better than taking personal shots at people though.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Voted no.

Stayed home for a week. Am now out delivering food to people on gig apps so my dad (62-yo heart attack survivor, going thru expensive, brutal divorce) doesn't have to work. Making accusatory assumptions is generally bad.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There’s lots of financial people/lawyers on this troll blog. They’re 100% working from home and cashing checks during this time. I’m not mad, I’m happy for them, but the “no’s” aren’t essential people working at a grocery store right now here.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Have you been furloughed or lost massive revenue during this pandemic?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 02:29:23 PM »
My company is considered essential, they have cut hours but amazingly my department is the only one that is still working full time. That might change week to week, so I'm thankful for the time being.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 02:29:42 PM »
There’s lots of financial people/lawyers on this troll blog. They’re 100% working from home and cashing checks during this time. I’m not mad, I’m happy for them, but the “no’s” aren’t essential people working at a grocery store right now here.
You don't know what everyone's going through. Not everyone speaks as freely about their personal lives as you.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2020, 02:30:07 PM »

Your anger is odd and misplaced. This is better than taking personal shots at people though.
I’m not trying to be a dick. My legit mental health is mumped right now and I’m annoyed by the people who make fun of the “but the economy” people. I worked really hard to get to the salary I had, like living at home with Mom and Dad and paying off loans in my 20’s hard and working two jobs in the process. It was all wiped away. I had my first born in September. His dad is now an unemployed asshat, with no future in sight.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2020, 02:31:15 PM »

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/biglaw-pay-cuts-and-layoffs-are-likely-to-multiply-experts-say-which-firms-are-doing-it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2020, 02:31:20 PM »
There are also teachers and spouses of teachers, who haven't missed a paycheck but who have had their lives upside down. I assure you that lawyers are still working as there's never a shortage of people doing stupid crap.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 02:31:33 PM »
did you just call your dad an asshat?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 02:33:03 PM »
He called himself one. Wacky, don't be so hard on yourself.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 02:35:26 PM »
He called himself one. Wacky, don't be so hard on yourself.

Misread. Yeah, wacky you busted your ass. Your good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 02:37:10 PM »

I’m not trying to be a dick. My legit mental health is mumped right now and I’m annoyed by the people who make fun of the “but the economy” people. I worked really hard to get to the salary I had, like living at home with Mom and Dad and paying off loans in my 20’s hard and working two jobs in the process. It was all wiped away. I had my first born in September. His dad is now an unemployed asshat, with no future in sight.

No one is making fun of the "but the economy" people. If anyone is being made fun of, it's the people who are trying to make clout off of people like you who are hurting. At this point anyone who won't acknowledge that a short term shutdown is better for the economy than potentially having to deal with the death of millions of healthy people out of the workforce is not acting in bad faith. If anyone, at this point is pitching that a shutdown isn't necessary to save lives and the economy, they should be mocked. Even the president has moved off of that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 02:37:35 PM »
Thanks, guys. I’ve been holding this crap in the last 3 weeks. It’s tough. I appreciate the kindness.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 02:41:16 PM »
420seriouscat69, I know you're going through a rough time right now, but you're a hustler with great family support systems (and I don't mean money). I'm very confident that in a year you'll be able to look back and consider this just a blip.

Keep your head up and ride this out.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2020, 02:41:56 PM »
hang in there wacky. you seem to be good at your job and people's teeth aren't getting any better from sitting at home eating garbage all day. you'll get through this and be right back in the saddle.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2020, 02:42:37 PM »
Thanks, guys. I’ve been holding this crap in the last 3 weeks. It’s tough. I appreciate the kindness.

As a resident lawyer, I can tell you that I am very concerned about my job. We are very tied into the broader economy. When businesses are hurting, they don't want to take on new engagements or pay existing bills. I am very replaceable.

I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. You're not alone. Nearly everyone is feeling anxiety right now, so feel free to vent.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »
You don't know what everyone's going through. Not everyone speaks as freely about their personal lives as you.
And not everyone is on here boasting about making 6 figures and going on vacations, and blah blah blah. You literally have a term for bragging named after you. I understand your anger and fear, Wac. I've been there before, and very well could be again soon. But please don't act like you weren't looking down on others while you had your job. You also spent half your work day on a blog. Please don't act like you were this hard working day laborer who just can't catch a break.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2020, 02:49:06 PM »
Wacky, it happens to everyone at one time or another. You'll come out the other end just fine. Your son DNGAF about any of it. Do your best to enjoy the extra time with your family.