Author Topic: 2020 General Election Thread  (Read 134423 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #1025 on: October 07, 2020, 10:06:00 PM »
lmao at being undecided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 07, 2020, 10:07:56 PM »
IIRC sd's pic of his Ben Sasse ballot was photobombed by an "I Voted" sticker.  Assumed it was sent along with the ballot.

Aggressively large, damn thing looks like a window sticker.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 07, 2020, 10:15:34 PM »
IIRC sd's pic of his Ben Sasse ballot was photobombed by an "I Voted" sticker.  Assumed it was sent along with the ballot.

Aggressively large, damn thing looks like a window sticker.
Just like my vote!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 07, 2020, 10:17:45 PM »

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 07, 2020, 10:24:00 PM »
You really showed him/her, nicname. Way to go bruh, mush the eff out of that volunteer who got your number off of a democratic party roll.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 07, 2020, 10:39:07 PM »
Wasn’t about mushing. I’ve been getting tons of these things, btw. Almost as much as the scam social security calls. Plus, I think it’s good for them to get a record of registered dems that aren’t fans of hers.

Been thinking about switching party to pub. I bet theirs, while still annoying, are more entertaining.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 07, 2020, 10:43:59 PM »
nicname you're on the cusp of being called a racist by MIR.

I'm sure you know that already.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 10:54:15 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 07, 2020, 10:45:00 PM »
Wasn’t about mushing. I’ve been getting tons of these things, btw. Almost as much as the scam social security calls. Plus, I think it’s good for them to get a record of registered dems that aren’t fans of hers.

Been thinking about switching party to pub. I bet theirs, while still annoying, are more entertaining.

I'm surprised it was a real person. I just assumed it was a bot.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 07, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »

I'm surprised it was a real person. I just assumed it was a bot.

When you get those texts, it's almost always a volunteer using their own phone with a Google voice number. It's obviously bad form for a politician or political party to spam, so they use this method.

In the interest of being a good human being, if you get these texts, either ignore them, block them, or ask them to remove you from their list. I can be 100% certain that the volunteer on the other end doesn't care who you are or aren't a fan of and it won't go beyond that person texting or calling you. Your chances of making a stranger cry is decent. Your chances of your opinion on Mike Pence or Kamala Harris getting to a person of influence in the party is literally none.

Write an old persons letter or some crap and leave regular people alone.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 07, 2020, 11:01:16 PM »
I just ignore them myself, but if you cry because someone responds negatively to your unsolicited texts, then maybe they should just leave regular people alone
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: October 07, 2020, 11:06:58 PM »
agree with mir on this one.  i still follow a lot of people from the primary that send texts, make calls, etc.  they're almost all women, mostly older, giving up their free time to do whatever they can think to do to make the country better.  if you decide to interact with them, just be nice.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 07, 2020, 11:10:08 PM »
i guess i should add that i don't think nicname was mean.  just all of us, myself included, can do to remember that those are real people on the other end, and almost all of them nicer people than any of us are.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 07, 2020, 11:12:53 PM »
I just ignore them myself, but if you cry because someone responds negatively to your unsolicited texts, then maybe they should just leave regular people alone

Man, the point isn't that someone will cry, the point is that's a much more likely result than moving the needle on telling this person you don't like X, so just keep it moving.

I get a crap ton of these because in the last four elections I've been registered to three different parties, but I'm not talking to these dirty pubs the way I talk to dakkk.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 07, 2020, 11:13:15 PM »
i guess i should add that i don't think nicname was mean.  just all of us, myself included, can do to remember that those are real people on the other end, and almost all of them nicer people than any of us are.

Agree

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 07, 2020, 11:18:14 PM »
I assume they use the texts as informal polling data so I'll respond to texts of causes or candidates I support to let them know. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 07, 2020, 11:47:38 PM »
Why would a volunteer text someone to ask them if they are excited to watch the VP debate?  What's the point?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 07, 2020, 11:49:42 PM »
Why would a volunteer text someone to ask them if they are excited to watch the VP debate?  What's the point?
To encourage them to watch/gather data

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 07, 2020, 11:51:13 PM »

To start a conversation that would eventually culminate with asking for a donation?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 07, 2020, 11:56:13 PM »

To start a conversation that would eventually culminate with asking for a donation?

Yeah

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 08, 2020, 12:23:43 AM »

nah.  i mean if you got a gotv/engagement text and told your texter that you were interested in volunteering with the campaign, it would absolutely make that person's night, but the campaign is not looking for that.

texts to potential donors/volunteers are separate from texts to ordinary voters and the purpose of the texts to voters isn't to move them into the other category.

unless you sign up to get them, donate or volunteer to the campaign texting you or to some other campaign or group that shared or sold their list to the campaign texting you, you aren't going to get a donor or volunteer text.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 08, 2020, 12:48:25 AM »

Yeah

Nope

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 08, 2020, 12:50:02 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 08, 2020, 01:05:36 AM »
I didn't think there was a clear winner. If I were forced to pick, I'd pick the police because I was annoyed at stonks for intentionally blowing the clock.

I will say, if you can find it, the last question and answer was as one sided of a Q & A in a debate I've ever seen, and the question wasn't even intended to do that.

The moderator asked a question from a kid about why the country was so divided and what can be done to stop it. Pence, gave a great answer, Harris droned on about how good on a man Biden is and she punctuated it by telling this kid to settle the division by going to vote and she said it twice. Cringe.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #1048 on: October 08, 2020, 05:45:35 AM »
Pence came across as an ass who interrupted her and continually went over time and talked over the moderator.

Good for Pete here

https://twitter.com/titusnation/status/1314099977975558144?s=21

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 08, 2020, 06:35:17 AM »
Pete is a militarized talking point machine. He gives incredibly good interviews in my experience.