Author Topic: 2020 General Election Thread  (Read 132313 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #2450 on: November 10, 2020, 02:59:25 PM »
BITB is retweeting photos of ballots in a trashcan and i am rolling.

Yes that one is hilarious. "THIS IS IN OKLAHOMA!"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: November 10, 2020, 03:06:39 PM »
As it stands right now:

WI:  Biden +20k  99% in
AZ:  Biden +15k  98% in
GA:  Biden +12k  99% in
MI:  Biden +150k  99% in
NV:  Biden +36k  97% in
PA:  Biden +47k  98% in
NC:  Trump +75k  98 in

There is no reason Trump should not concede at this point.  It's time for transition teams to come in.  America picked their President.

That's .002% of the total votes cast.

Your party would be demanding a recount across the board if the situation were reversed.

Again, Dems aren't my party.  My party is the ones demanding the recount and it is ridiculous.  If you think Trump is going to get 100% of votes left to count in WI, MI, PA, AZ, NV, and GA you are delusional.  Also, PA law does not require a recount if gap is > .5%.  Right now it is at .7% and climbing.  WI will only pay for a recount if the margin of victory is under .25%....so right now Trump needs to open his checkbook if he wants one there.  The rest of the states are irrelevant, though it looks like Biden won all but NC.

I believe our constitution stipulates that state legislatures control elections in individual states, not the courts.   It is not the least bit surprising or unusual that any campaign would seek remedy in court in a situation where a state court over stepped their lane.   The SCOTUS was wrong to pass on that case.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 10, 2020, 03:07:26 PM »
thank goodness these only happen once every 4 years, amirite?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 10, 2020, 04:09:10 PM »
As it stands right now:

There is no reason Trump should not concede at this point.  It's time for transition teams to come in.  America picked their President.

Your party would be demanding a recount across the board if the situation were reversed.

You kick the ass of those hypothetical Dems dax!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: November 10, 2020, 04:57:15 PM »
As it stands right now:

NC:  Drumpf +75k  98 in

There is no reason Drumpf should not concede at this point.  It's time for transition teams to come in.  America picked their President.

You kick the ass of those hypothetical Dems dax!

Exactly, such a demand in recounts were warranted, where WI was won by more trump than Biden at this point, MI was won by trump by 11k, not 150k, byt trump then, and PA was won 45k. And I recall no STOP THE COUNT! or mass cringing over recounts. Just utter shock that it happened.

FWIW, comparos

WI:  trump +22k
AZ:  trump +91k
GA:  trump +211k
MI:  trump +10k
NV:  hilldog +27k
PA:  trump +45k
NC:  trump +173k
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 10, 2020, 05:17:16 PM »
Does dax not see the difference between crazy supporters not giving up and the actual candidate conceding?

Come on trump, try not to be a narcissistic prick just once. We have a country to keep living in.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 10, 2020, 06:15:05 PM »
As it stands right now:

GA is not politically left of NC
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: November 10, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 10, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »
As it stands right now:

Again, Dems aren't my party.  My party is the ones demanding the recount and it is ridiculous.  If you think Trump is going to get 100% of votes left to count in WI, MI, PA, AZ, NV, and GA you are delusional.  Also, PA law does not require a recount if gap is > .5%.  Right now it is at .7% and climbing.  WI will only pay for a recount if the margin of victory is under .25%....so right now Trump needs to open his checkbook if he wants one there.  The rest of the states are irrelevant, though it looks like Biden won all but NC.

I believe our constitution stipulates that state legislatures control elections in individual states, not the courts.   It is not the least bit surprising or unusual that any campaign would seek remedy in court in a situation where a state court over stepped their lane.   The SCOTUS was wrong to pass on that case.
Dax:it’s criminal that the courts are intervening when the legislature determines voting practices!

Also Dax: it’s criminal that SCOTUS passed on the opportunity to decide how these votes should be counted!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:00:55 PM by bucket »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: November 10, 2020, 07:57:21 PM »
:sdeek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 10, 2020, 08:00:37 PM »
I bet it's just a false flag to make pubs look bad
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: November 10, 2020, 08:18:19 PM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: November 10, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 10, 2020, 09:12:55 PM »
As it stands right now:

Dax:it’s criminal that the courts are intervening when the legislature determines voting practices!

Also Dax: it’s criminal that SCOTUS passed on the opportunity to decide how these votes should be counted!

You are extremely confused.

SCOTUS should have taken up the matter as to whether the PA courts had the right to intervene.

That's how our system works.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: November 10, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »

As it stands right now:

You are extremely confused.

SCOTUS should have taken up the matter as to whether the PA courts had the right to intervene.

That's how our system works.

SCOTUS expert speaking everybody. Listen up!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: November 10, 2020, 10:00:05 PM »
The calls from the dems and the media for trump to concede is annoying and hypocritical. Al Gore didn't concede until December 13th. Why can't they just STFU until the recounts and lawsuits are done? Crying for a concession everyday for the next 6 weeks isn't going to help anything.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: November 10, 2020, 10:01:10 PM »
As many times as Dax is wrong, what he is saying here isn't contradictory and makes sense. Although I believe the number of votes a potential court case would impact numbers in the hundreds so it will ultimately be a waste of time.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: November 10, 2020, 10:11:49 PM »
The calls from the dems and the media for trump to concede is annoying and hypocritical. Al Gore didn't concede until December 13th. Why can't they just STFU until the recounts and lawsuits are done? Crying for a concession everyday for the next 6 weeks isn't going to help anything.

Not really comparable. Gore lost by 536 votes in ONE state. Trump is getting beaten by literally 30x that (if not more) in Michigan, in Wisconsin, in Pennsylvania, in Arizona, in Georgia, and in Nevada.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: November 10, 2020, 10:16:21 PM »

Not really comparable. Gore lost by 536 votes in ONE state. Trump is getting beaten by literally 30x that (if not more) in Michigan, in Wisconsin, in Pennsylvania, in Arizona, in Georgia, and in Nevada.

I think that's the point. Technically speaking the president should be able to explore any and all legal avenues. However, in this case it's clear it's just Trump being a baby and it hurts the country in more ways than one.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: November 10, 2020, 10:28:35 PM »
that mailman looks like a queef

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: November 10, 2020, 10:29:48 PM »

I think that's the point. Technically speaking the president should be able to explore any and all legal avenues. However, in this case it's clear it's just Trump being a baby and it hurts the country in more ways than one.

It's more of the framing of fraud 100% happened at a large scale and concluding that the election is being stolen that were telegraphed months ago. Otherwise I really wouldn't gaf about him asking for recounts or for verification/trying to investigate legitimate fraud while he doesn't concede initially. Some of the stuff would still irk me like the Harris Co thing.

The "framing of fraud 100% happened" damages another pillar of government in this country. The transition delay hurts democrats, which Republicans may cheer, but is also not good for the country.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: November 10, 2020, 10:49:26 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: November 11, 2020, 01:34:22 AM »

It's more of the framing of fraud 100% happened at a large scale and concluding that the election is being stolen that were telegraphed months ago. Otherwise I really wouldn't gaf about him asking for recounts or for verification/trying to investigate legitimate fraud while he doesn't concede initially. Some of the stuff would still irk me like the Harris Co thing.

The "framing of fraud 100% happened" damages another pillar of government in this country. The transition delay hurts democrats, which Republicans may cheer, but is also not good for the country.

The calls of fraud are 100% problematic, but of course we knew it was coming, he's done it for four years with an election he won. That still doesn't mean the democrats need to whine about him conceding, before he needs to. Also,.we aren't close to the point where the transition not fully being carried out is a problem, it's been like 3 days.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: November 11, 2020, 07:13:44 AM »
yeah, MAGAs are rightly being mocked to death for the screaming of fraud but them just wasting their own time, money, and efforts in court is actually good imo. the best way to mock it is just ignore it and move forward as president elect (which for the most part is happening so that's good)