Author Topic: 2020 General Election Thread  (Read 132285 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #2476 on: November 11, 2020, 07:32:16 AM »

As it stands right now:

WI:  Biden +20k  99% in
AZ:  Biden +15k  98% in
GA:  Biden +12k  99% in
MI:  Biden +150k  99% in
NV:  Biden +36k  97% in
PA:  Biden +47k  98% in
NC:  Trump +75k  98 in

There is no reason Trump should not concede at this point.  It's time for transition teams to come in.  America picked their President.

That's .002% of the total votes cast.

Your party would be demanding a recount across the board if the situation were reversed.

Again, Dems aren't my party.  My party is the ones demanding the recount and it is ridiculous.  If you think Trump is going to get 100% of votes left to count in WI, MI, PA, AZ, NV, and GA you are delusional.  Also, PA law does not require a recount if gap is > .5%.  Right now it is at .7% and climbing.  WI will only pay for a recount if the margin of victory is under .25%....so right now Trump needs to open his checkbook if he wants one there.  The rest of the states are irrelevant, though it looks like Biden won all but NC.

I believe our constitution stipulates that state legislatures control elections in individual states, not the courts.   It is not the least bit surprising or unusual that any campaign would seek remedy in court in a situation where a state court over stepped their lane.   The SCOTUS was wrong to pass on that case.
Dax:it’s criminal that the courts are intervening when the legislature determines voting practices!

Also Dax: it’s criminal that SCOTUS passed on the opportunity to decide how these votes should be counted!

You are extremely confused.

SCOTUS should have taken up the matter as to whether the PA courts had the right to intervene.

That's how our system works.

SCOTUS expert speaking everybody. Listen up!
CoronaBro Phil, I’m just echoing the words of a lawyer who has had multiple cases in front of SCOTUS

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 11, 2020, 07:34:01 AM »
yeah, MAGAs are rightly being mocked to death for the screaming of fraud but them just wasting their own time, money, and efforts in court is actually good imo. the best way to mock it is just ignore it and move forward as president elect (which for the most part is happening so that's good)

Yeah, I am enjoying the complaining and whatnot by pubs over the yelling of fraud, it makes them look like loons, probably not great but also most people also seem to have taken this as it's over and not pushing too hard, only dumbasses (like the admin in the white house til Jan 20th) are really making it be a thing. Let them do it, it'll make it so much more fun to watch them fail spectacularly.

I guess I am not worried about any of their lawsuits because a) everything this administration has ever done is basically the equivalent of a 5 year old's level of understanding about things, so it's pretty easy to dismiss it (also see that such a lollers moment at the landscaping place) and b) Biden will have won this fairly handily with many options to have pushed him over 270, it wasn't close.

It's kinda annoying that trump and co have to do this, but realistically, they would've done it if he lost by Nixon-esque numbers (and that would honestly freak therm out more than this)
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 11, 2020, 08:34:12 AM »
It's not just the Dems that want Trump to concede, it's every smart-minded Independent and Republican as well.  This whole "shut up Dems" is annoying because Biden pulled a ton of Pub and Indy votes as well. 

Trump is acting like a child who lost a board game when the wager was Halloween candy.  He got his ass kicked.  He is whining everyone else cheated and is refusing to give up his candy he placed a bet on.     
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 11, 2020, 08:46:15 AM »
The calls from the dems and the media for trump to concede is annoying and hypocritical. Al Gore didn't concede until December 13th. Why can't they just STFU until the recounts and lawsuits are done? Crying for a concession everyday for the next 6 weeks isn't going to help anything.

v true. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 11, 2020, 08:46:36 AM »
It's not just the Dems that want Trump to concede, it's every smart-minded Independent and Republican as well.  This whole "shut up Dems" is annoying because Biden pulled a ton of Pub and Indy votes as well. 

Trump is acting like a child who lost a board game when the wager was Halloween candy.  He got his ass kicked.  He is whining everyone else cheated and is refusing to give up his candy he placed a bet on.   

for sure, I'm a pub and I for sure want him to concede so everyone can focus on irl stuff but there are ways to do that without wasting everyone's time complaining about it. he's a loser and this is his MO. he's not going to suddenly change. he screamed fraud every time he's lost something. to cruz in Iowa. popular vote to hillary. it won't change.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 11, 2020, 08:49:32 AM »

for sure, I'm a pub and I for sure want him to concede so everyone can focus on irl stuff but there are ways to do that without wasting everyone's time complaining about it. he's a loser and this is his MO. he's not going to suddenly change. he screamed fraud every time he's lost something. to cruz in Iowa. popular vote to hillary. it won't change.

well, counterpoint he could get someone irl hurt by his crazy MAGA followers.

https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1326534230936055808

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 11, 2020, 08:54:46 AM »

As it stands right now:

There is no reason Trump should not concede at this point.  It's time for transition teams to come in.  America picked their President.

Your party would be demanding a recount across the board if the situation were reversed.

Again, Dems aren't my party.  My party is the ones demanding the recount and it is ridiculous.  If you think Trump is going to get 100% of votes left to count in WI, MI, PA, AZ, NV, and GA you are delusional.  Also, PA law does not require a recount if gap is > .5%.  Right now it is at .7% and climbing.  WI will only pay for a recount if the margin of victory is under .25%....so right now Trump needs to open his checkbook if he wants one there.  The rest of the states are irrelevant, though it looks like Biden won all but NC.

I believe our constitution stipulates that state legislatures control elections in individual states, not the courts.   It is not the least bit surprising or unusual that any campaign would seek remedy in court in a situation where a state court over stepped their lane.   The SCOTUS was wrong to pass on that case.
Dax:it’s criminal that the courts are intervening when the legislature determines voting practices!

Also Dax: it’s criminal that SCOTUS passed on the opportunity to decide how these votes should be counted!

SCOTUS should have taken up the matter as to whether the PA courts had the right to intervene.

CoronaBro Phil, I’m just echoing the words of a lawyer who has had multiple cases in front of SCOTUS
Then post that instead of representing it as your own you hack

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 11, 2020, 09:31:21 AM »

Not just that, national security risk becomes high if transitions don't happen.  I'm hearing many reports that Biden is well versed in national security, which is great.  That being said, they cannot communicate regarding national security with current administration until GSA provides approval.  Every day Trump admin refuses to concede and start the transition is a day the new Biden administration does not have the resources in place to receive that information.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 11, 2020, 09:46:08 AM »

Not just that, national security risk becomes high if transitions don't happen.  I'm hearing many reports that Biden is well versed in national security, which is great.  That being said, they cannot communicate regarding national security with current administration until GSA provides approval.  Every day Trump admin refuses to concede and start the transition is a day the new Biden administration does not have the resources in place to receive that information.
This.

When the 9/11 Commission finished its report, it found that the delayed transition “hampered the new administration in identifying, recruiting, clearing and obtaining Senate confirmation of key appointees” in the national security arena. The commission also concluded that avoiding future disruptions in transitions was deeply in the national interest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/podesta-card-bush-gore-transition-trump/2020/11/10/ae1a960a-239f-11eb-8672-c281c7a2c96e_story.html

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 11, 2020, 10:08:07 AM »
The staggering difference between Trump and any other former President:  Trump will want Biden to fail, and he will do everything he can to help make that happen.  That alone is an enormous risk to our country. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 11, 2020, 10:10:44 AM »
https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1326345253360635904?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atty cats, are there chances of santions getting levied against these attorneys knowingly filing bogus suits?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 11, 2020, 10:16:50 AM »
The calls from the dems and the media for trump to concede is annoying and hypocritical. Al Gore didn't concede until December 13th. Why can't they just STFU until the recounts and lawsuits are done? Crying for a concession everyday for the next 6 weeks isn't going to help anything.
Fair but the deliberate blocking of Biden to set up a transition and receive info and funding should be called out and blasted.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 11, 2020, 11:05:08 AM »

Atty cats, are there chances of santions getting levied against these attorneys knowingly filing bogus suits?

not really.  most judges or opposing counsel will know they are stooges sent on a suicide mission

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 11, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »

As it stands right now:

Then post that instead of representing it as your own you hack
I’ve already discussed it in this thread.

It’s also literally Basic CIvics 001

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: November 11, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »

not really.  most judges or opposing counsel will know they are stooges sent on a suicide mission
There’s a chance, but I think in reality these cases are VERY carefully worded to avoid allegations of actual fraud, which is the main reason they’re getting so easily kicked out. Filing a case based on a longshot legal interpretation (or asking for extremely mild relief) usually isn’t going to piss off a judge as much as it would to actually allege fraud without any evidence.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: November 11, 2020, 12:44:37 PM »
Fair but the deliberate blocking of Biden to set up a transition and receive info and funding should be called out and blasted.
I agree with MIR but I also think that any calls to concede are being amplified more by conservatives than they are Democrats. I really haven’t heard much about it either way other than some MAGAs on my FB hoping against hope that something big changes. Most people are just resigned to the inevitable.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: November 11, 2020, 01:58:14 PM »
Interesting statistic when it comes to recounts:

Fairvote has looked at statewide recounts since 2000. The average shift in votes has been a mere 430 votes and 0.02 points. The largest shift in votes was a little less than 2,600 and 0.11 points.

https://www.fairvote.org/a_survey_and_analysis_of_statewide_election_recounts

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: November 11, 2020, 02:31:53 PM »
I agree with MIR but I also think that any calls to concede are being amplified more by conservatives than they are Democrats. I really haven’t heard much about it either way other than some MAGAs on my FB hoping against hope that something big changes. Most people are just resigned to the inevitable.
Brian Williams was taking a pretty alarmist tone about Trump not conceding on 11th Hour last night. Can they just shoot him with a tranquilizer dart and drag him out of there on Jan 20?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: November 11, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »
Brian Williams was taking a pretty alarmist tone about Trump not conceding on 11th Hour last night. Can they just shoot him with a tranquilizer dart and drag him out of there on Jan 20?
If you are thinking about tranquilizer darts, I think you’re severely overestimating the physical prowess of that fat old man
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: November 11, 2020, 02:49:27 PM »
I think he'll wuss out before then, but man I would love if he had his ass literally thrown out of the white house. That's some super embarrassing crap.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: November 11, 2020, 02:55:37 PM »
He'll go to Mar-a-Largo in December for Christmas and just never return to the WH.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: November 11, 2020, 03:24:20 PM »
The official GOP twitter account has even called this thing for Biden.

https://twitter.com/ClenchedFisk/status/1326633220352389121

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: November 11, 2020, 03:40:02 PM »
mostly agree with this.  it doesn't matter in the slightest if trump concedes or not.  but it is important that the media and republican electeds do not treat the failure to concede as meaningful.  so far, they are mostly failing at that.

https://twitter.com/RyanDEnos/status/1326587431714508804
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: November 11, 2020, 03:46:31 PM »
That guy is def panicking
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite