Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1049750 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #18100 on: September 08, 2021, 09:28:28 AM »
Interesting paper from JAMA - at the end of May 2021 80% of Red Cross blood donors had antibodies against COVID - either from vaccines or natural infection.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2784013

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: September 08, 2021, 09:39:30 AM »
Interesting paper from JAMA - at the end of May 2021 80% of Red Cross blood donors had antibodies against COVID - either from vaccines or natural infection.

This point was addressed in the limitations section but when I see this, my first thought is that people who willingly donate blood, particularly in a pandemic, are far more likely to be the type to be vaccinated than not. If you don't care about your community enough to take 2 minutes to get jabbed, you're not likely to devote 30 minutes to keeping a needle in your arm to withdraw blood.

Fourth, vaccine-induced seroprevalence might be higher in blood donors than in the general population. For May 2021, among donations from donors with a known vaccine history, 73.3% were from donors who self-reported receiving a previous COVID-19 vaccine, compared with CDC estimates that 57.0% of US adults aged 18 years and older had received 1 dose or more of vaccine by May 2021.37 Blood donors are more likely than the general US population to be employed and have attended college,38 factors potentially associated with increased rates of vaccination and lower rates of infection.39,40

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: September 08, 2021, 09:45:49 AM »

This point was addressed in the limitations section but when I see this, my first thought is that people who willingly donate blood, particularly in a pandemic, are far more likely to be the type to be vaccinated than not. If you don't care about your community enough to take 2 minutes to get jabbed, you're not likely to devote 30 minutes to keeping a needle in your arm to withdraw blood.

Fourth, vaccine-induced seroprevalence might be higher in blood donors than in the general population. For May 2021, among donations from donors with a known vaccine history, 73.3% were from donors who self-reported receiving a previous COVID-19 vaccine, compared with CDC estimates that 57.0% of US adults aged 18 years and older had received 1 dose or more of vaccine by May 2021.37 Blood donors are more likely than the general US population to be employed and have attended college,38 factors potentially associated with increased rates of vaccination and lower rates of infection.39,40
That's an important point.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: September 08, 2021, 09:46:25 AM »
yes donors are not a random sampling.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: September 08, 2021, 10:36:15 AM »
If you don't I would highly recommend giving blood right now. Takes no time at all unless you pass out

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18105 on: September 08, 2021, 11:05:19 AM »
I wonder if that polling was done before or after the family feud questions?

We'd love to see any data that calls into the question the validity of the methods that NBC used to gather those results. In lieu of that you've decided to have an extended tantrum because the results doesn't fit your narrative.
What narrative? You seem to be putting words in peoples mouth a lot lately. Everything ok? I’d love to see the data for that extensive whole 3 day survey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What narrative you ask, then you proceed to acknowledge that you've dismissed the results without actually seeing data that would give you reason to be dismissive. You seem to be inconsistent with your need for gathering data to be provided for you before you can believe.

The thing with you people who try to walk the line between maga ideals and outwardly supporting maga is that y'all aren't very good at doing it, because you can't. There's only one reason to not trust that survey on it's face and it isn't some noble quest for truth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18106 on: September 08, 2021, 11:26:54 AM »

We'd love to see any data that calls into the question the validity of the methods that NBC used to gather those results. In lieu of that you've decided to have an extended tantrum because the results doesn't fit your narrative.
What narrative? You seem to be putting words in peoples mouth a lot lately. Everything ok? I’d love to see the data for that extensive whole 3 day survey

What narrative you ask, then you proceed to acknowledge that you've dismissed the results without actually seeing data that would give you reason to be dismissive. You seem to be inconsistent with your need for gathering data to be provided for you before you can believe.

The thing with you people who try to walk the line between maga ideals and outwardly supporting maga is that y'all aren't very good at doing it, because you can't. There's only one reason to not trust that survey on it's face and it isn't some noble quest for truth.
man.. you really are something.. keep putting up fake narratives for me and spouting  :bs:

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18107 on: September 08, 2021, 11:30:32 AM »
If you don't I would highly recommend giving blood right now. Takes no time at all unless you pass out
Just did the Power Red donation yesterday. :billdance:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #18108 on: September 08, 2021, 11:40:59 AM »
I don't have an issue with needles, but I recently had an IV put in my forearm (after a botched attempt on the back of my hand) and I passed out after it was in for about a couple of minutes.  Nothing was running through it yet. It was quite bizarre.  It makes me nervous about giving blood now.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18109 on: September 08, 2021, 12:09:42 PM »
Just did the Power Red donation yesterday. :billdance:

Do Power Red also...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18110 on: September 08, 2021, 12:14:09 PM »

man.. you really are something.. keep putting up fake narratives for me and spouting  :bs:

You had four different posts questioning the validity of NBC News and that poll, four of them. The findings of that poll were not the least bit surprising. Your narrative is crystal clear.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18111 on: September 08, 2021, 01:17:11 PM »

You had four different posts questioning the validity of NBC News and that poll, four of them. The findings of that poll were not the least bit surprising. Your narrative is crystal clear.
I'd question it no matter which news source was posting it. Keep on assuming though!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18112 on: September 08, 2021, 01:32:55 PM »

I'd question it no matter which news source was posting it. Keep on assuming though!

Don't bother, dude is in a perpetual state of triggered upsetness

#blueanonGe:  Where African Americans and Hispanics don't count less we really need them to support our politicized narrative and hyper dogmatic group think

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18113 on: September 08, 2021, 02:02:49 PM »

What part do you question and why?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18114 on: September 08, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
What part do you believe and why?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18115 on: September 08, 2021, 02:54:39 PM »
What part do you believe and why?

I believe Trump voters are less likely to get vaccinated than Biden voters based on vaccination rates and election results by county across the country. Maybe more but I haven't thought about it much

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18116 on: September 08, 2021, 03:04:10 PM »
something i believe and will never be able to prove: vaccine rates by political ideology would be significantly different if Trump were still president

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18117 on: September 08, 2021, 03:11:57 PM »
 :lol: :lol:

The CDC doesn't even have the ethnicity and substantial demographic data on 42% of vax recipients as of 8/18.

8 states don't even report that.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18118 on: September 08, 2021, 03:21:23 PM »

The CDC doesn't even have the ethnicity and substantial demographic data on 42% of vax recipients as of 8/18.

And?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18119 on: September 08, 2021, 03:28:50 PM »
If you've seen Trump himself get booed by MAGAs upon making the suggestion that people get vaxxed, you can be damn sure that MAGAs are not getting vaxxed. That is all the proof you need.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18120 on: September 08, 2021, 04:52:16 PM »

And?
So it makes it easy for black people to not get called out on their lies for being undervaccinated. Dax, let me know if I didn’t get that right.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18121 on: September 08, 2021, 09:54:03 PM »

You'd question the results, yeah, I don't doubt that at all

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18122 on: September 08, 2021, 09:56:43 PM »

You’d agree with the results (almost) no matter what.. yeah I agree with that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18123 on: September 08, 2021, 09:58:19 PM »
something i believe and will never be able to prove: vaccine rates by political ideology would be significantly different if Trump were still president

I don't think so, lefties, moderates, and libs would listen to the scientists and maga would listen to trump. We had some of this back in December when Pfizer was ready to go. Trump tried to take credit for it and libs pointed out they weren't involved with Operation Warp Speed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18124 on: September 08, 2021, 10:02:02 PM »

You’d agree with the results (almost) no matter what.. yeah I agree with that

No crap, yla, I've made that clear. I have said more than once there's no reason not to believe it. I'm not some weirdo who thinks multi billion dollar media entities, including news corps, make up data on surveys because I don't like the results