Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050121 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15800 on: May 05, 2021, 01:06:09 PM »
I am sure tucker has been chipped.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: May 05, 2021, 01:06:20 PM »
as mentioned above, it sounds like wacky hangs out with crappy people.  I'm comfortable enough with my friend group to tell them to eff right off in those scenarios.

2 of  my friends that work at hospitals! were leery about getting chipped in January and I LOL'd in their faces and PI'd them for a week, offering to sit in their place (who was gonna know) etc.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: May 05, 2021, 01:55:02 PM »
I bet the Fox News Crew all proudly getting vaccinated on air would have a more significant impact than any ad with statistics. Donald Trump not getting his in secret and speaking about the benefits would definitely have had a bigger impact.

Anyone worried about the stats can find them easily.

Why settle for one when both are available?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: May 05, 2021, 02:03:51 PM »
I bet the Fox News Crew all proudly getting vaccinated on air would have a more significant impact than any ad with statistics. Donald Trump not getting his in secret and speaking about the benefits would definitely have had a bigger impact.

Anyone worried about the stats can find them easily.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1389997218535559171

It's both, market forces and partisanship. Trump was pushing for vaccines with PWS, but spent four years killing bureaucrats and government entities responsible for educating Americans on the vaccines and the process of getting them. What the MAGA era did more than anything was gave social media voice to the crazies and broadened the partisanship for profit market. If it were 2014 Fox probably could have pushed the narrative on whatever the hell they wanted to. While the network has the ability to be influential, it doesn't have the ability to advance a narrative that MAGA isn't willing to go along with. This was apparent with the reaction to the election results. The most respected voices on the network did not go along with the stolen results narrative and the entire network got buried for it, even though there were still three shows on the network that was more than willing to call the election a fraud.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: May 05, 2021, 03:21:54 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: May 05, 2021, 03:28:28 PM »
Joe is dunking on Gates the day after the divorce.  dang

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: May 05, 2021, 04:58:40 PM »
https://fox4kc.com/news/parents-file-lawsuit-against-olathe-blue-valley-school-districts-over-mask-policy/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I saw the headline I honestly didn't know if they were suing to wear the mask or not wear the mask

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: May 05, 2021, 05:05:48 PM »
I’m not among the lawyered but how do you sue for something when schools out? Albeit in two weeks or so

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15810 on: May 05, 2021, 07:02:30 PM »
it's possible there's something i'm missing or mistaken about, but that seems like a really stupid thing to do.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15811 on: May 05, 2021, 08:53:24 PM »
https://youtu.be/gPHgRp70H8o

Pretty good take down of Dax and Tucker

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15812 on: May 05, 2021, 11:00:56 PM »
https://youtu.be/gPHgRp70H8o

Pretty good take down of Dax and Tucker

He's the king of 25 minute videos. And I didn't realize how bad Tucker's statements were, jeez

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15813 on: May 06, 2021, 12:15:41 AM »
https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-origin-of-covid-did-people-or-nature-open-pandoras-box-at-wuhan/

It later turned out that the Lancet letter had been organized and drafted by Peter Daszak, president of the EcoHealth Alliance of New York. Daszak’s organization funded coronavirus research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. If the SARS2 virus had indeed escaped from research he funded, Daszak would be potentially culpable. This acute conflict of interest was not declared to the Lancet’s readers. To the contrary, the letter concluded, “We declare no competing interests.”

-------------------------------

Because, by a strange twist in the story, her work was funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), a part of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH). And grant proposals that funded her work, which are a matter of public record, specify exactly what she planned to do with the money.

The grants were assigned to the prime contractor, Daszak of the EcoHealth Alliance, who subcontracted them to Shi. Here are extracts from the grants for fiscal years 2018 and 2019. (“CoV” stands for coronavirus and “S protein” refers to the virus’s spike protein.)

-------------------------------------

“It is clear that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was systematically constructing novel chimeric coronaviruses and was assessing their ability to infect human cells and human-ACE2-expressing mice,” says Richard H. Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University and leading expert on biosafety.

“It is also clear,” Ebright said, “that, depending on the constant genomic contexts chosen for analysis, this work could have produced SARS-CoV-2 or a proximal progenitor of SARS-CoV-2.” “Genomic context” refers to the particular viral backbone used as the testbed for the spike protein.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15814 on: May 06, 2021, 12:41:14 AM »
I’m not among the lawyered but how do you sue for something when schools out? Albeit in two weeks or so

We have our ways ... Haven't you ever wondered how abortion cases make it to the Supreme Court years after the actual case has become moot?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15815 on: May 06, 2021, 05:44:40 AM »

We have our ways ... Haven't you ever wondered how abortion cases make it to the Supreme Court years after the actual case has become moot?
Yeah but abortion is still a thing

Masks likely won’t be

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15816 on: May 06, 2021, 06:54:53 AM »
Those billable hours aren’t going to pile up into a giant mountain on their own

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15817 on: May 06, 2021, 12:42:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1390027514332991489

Seems dumb

Spitballing opinions, this should have been done like 8 months ago for the tech and knowledge transfer to happen, was that always the bottleneck? Why didn't the knowledge transfer happen through contracts (I thought it did to some extent, I mean wasn't Pfizer's role mainly for manufacturing with BioNTech doing the R&D?), seems like demand is there? Even if it has a marginal impact now it could really result in a lot of "good" down the road for all future vaccination efforts. Or someone is gonna eff up and tank vaccine trust al la something like that factory in Maryland botching like 15 million JnJ chips.

I wouldn’t characterize removing IP protections on vaccines that are the first of their kind as being good for development long term.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15819 on: May 06, 2021, 07:16:50 PM »
i've been looking around, but still haven't seen even a semi-decent case as to why it is a good idea to remove ip protections for the rna vaccines.

closest i've seen is that it's just a ploy to gain leverage to induce voluntary transfer on more favorable terms, but that is a) entirely speculative and b) not at all clear why it would be either necessary or advantageous.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15820 on: May 06, 2021, 08:00:38 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15822 on: May 07, 2021, 10:22:04 AM »
i've been looking around, but still haven't seen even a semi-decent case as to why it is a good idea to remove ip protections for the rna vaccines.

closest i've seen is that it's just a ploy to gain leverage to induce voluntary transfer on more favorable terms, but that is a) entirely speculative and b) not at all clear why it would be either necessary or advantageous.

Hey dummy.  India is one of the largest vaccines producers in the world and has one of the highest vaccine production capabilities in the world.   They've halted foreign shipment of vaccines.

Hoarding countries, IP protections, large producer not exporting.   Figure it out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15823 on: May 07, 2021, 10:24:18 AM »
Hey dummy

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile