Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050742 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #14950 on: April 01, 2021, 12:52:36 PM »
Chip 1 installed. In and out in under 15 mins. America.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: April 01, 2021, 12:56:48 PM »
i hope airlines don't institute some kind of mask mandate after this is all done.

Hoping that is one thing.  Thinking that if they do it, it is an infringement on your constitutional rights is another
Obviously. 

one would think, but there's an awful lot of people who don't see that as obvious.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: April 01, 2021, 01:09:55 PM »
Glad to see you survived despite not waiting the required 15 minutes.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: April 01, 2021, 01:16:17 PM »

Yes, I dipped out immediately. Feels incredible. Almost indescribable. I feel flush with joy. Tingly all over. Having a hard time containing my excitement, to the point I can barely catch my breath.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: April 01, 2021, 01:28:02 PM »
i hope airlines don't institute some kind of mask mandate after this is all done.

I hope there are scientific studies in the works that measure the effectiveness of masks at preventing the flu/covid/other diseases on airplanes and airlines mandate mask usage (or don't) based on the results of those studies.
i hope they just go back to whatever has more or less worked since orville and wilbur first escaped the harrowing clutches of gravity. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14955 on: April 01, 2021, 01:31:40 PM »

I hope there are scientific studies in the works that measure the effectiveness of masks at preventing the flu/covid/other diseases on airplanes and airlines mandate mask usage (or don't) based on the results of those studies.
i hope they just go back to whatever has more or less worked since orville and wilbur first escaped the harrowing clutches of gravity. 

yeah air travel is not an area where we should try to make health and safety improvements since orville and wilbur

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: April 01, 2021, 01:40:26 PM »

yeah air travel is not an area where we should try to make health and safety improvements since orville and wilbur
like obviously masks help prevent flu/covid/other diseases.  i don't think we need a bunch more studies to prove that.

i'm not saying ill stop flying if Delta decides it needs to do its part to eradicate the flu.  i just hope they don't. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: April 01, 2021, 01:51:18 PM »
Yeah, why bother getting rid of the flu? The flu is great.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: April 01, 2021, 01:51:44 PM »
Come and take it delta
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: April 01, 2021, 01:53:03 PM »
we should start a peggy po / nancy neg thread of wearing a mask

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: April 01, 2021, 01:53:46 PM »
Anti bad-bacterial chewing gum would solve all our problems.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: April 01, 2021, 02:01:28 PM »

like obviously masks help prevent flu/covid/other diseases.  i don't think we need a bunch more studies to prove that.

I think new studies could help determine HOW effective masks are on planes and lead to an intelligent cost/benefits analysis.

I mean they might find a significant reduction in flight crew sick days from mask wearing that justifies masks for part of the year without even considering the benefits to the passengers

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: April 01, 2021, 02:06:11 PM »

I think new studies could help determine HOW effective masks are on planes and lead to an intelligent cost/benefits analysis.

I mean they might find a significant reduction in flight crew sick days from mask wearing that justifies masks for part of the year without even considering the benefits to the passengers

One 2013 studyTrusted Source looked at how masks could help people with the seasonal flu limit spreading it when they exhale droplets containing the virus. Overall, researchers found masks led to a more than threefold reduction in how much virus people sprayed into the air.

Another studyTrusted Source, analyzing data from thousands of Japanese schoolchildren, found that “vaccination and wearing a mask reduced the likelihood of developing seasonal influenza.”
https://www.healthline.com/health/cold-flu/mask#research
It seems like masks help quite a bit at preventing flu.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: April 01, 2021, 02:16:21 PM »

One 2013 studyTrusted Source looked at how masks could help people with the seasonal flu limit spreading it when they exhale droplets containing the virus. Overall, researchers found masks led to a more than threefold reduction in how much virus people sprayed into the air.

Another studyTrusted Source, analyzing data from thousands of Japanese schoolchildren, found that “vaccination and wearing a mask reduced the likelihood of developing seasonal influenza.”
https://www.healthline.com/health/cold-flu/mask#research
It seems like masks help quite a bit at preventing flu.
Might not help much on airplanes at all though!

I can see the possibility of kids at schools wearing masks during flu season having a much bigger impact. Plus kids aren't crybabies about wearing them.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: April 01, 2021, 02:17:40 PM »
Yeah, plus schools are well known to be flu factories.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: April 01, 2021, 02:36:01 PM »
Yeah, plus schools are well known to be flu factories.
Our county has not had a single case of flu. Zero. Not one. Really amazing since essentially all of the COVID testing done in Smallville includes a PCR test for influenza A and B. More testing done than ever before yet zero flus found.

Schools are a very important driver of influenza transmission in the community every year. They seem to have minimal, if any, effect on COVID spread. Mask wearing for 2 -3 weeks during the peak of flu season *could* have an impact on missed work slash school and hospital use during the peak of seasonal flu season.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: April 01, 2021, 02:48:20 PM »
Just put masks on kids from October through March every year and we will never have to worry about the flu ever again.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: April 01, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: April 01, 2021, 03:24:14 PM »

Yes, I dipped out immediately. Feels incredible. Almost indescribable. I feel flush with joy. Tingly all over. Having a hard time containing my excitement, to the point I can barely catch my breath.

Big 12 championship level excitement here too. Welcome to the other side (in 5-6 more weeks)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14970 on: April 01, 2021, 03:31:42 PM »

Big 12 championship level excitement here too. Welcome to the other side (in 5-6 more weeks)

My throat is swelling with joy.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14971 on: April 01, 2021, 03:33:22 PM »
sounds like you have anaphylactic shock as a direct result of getting the vaccine levels of happiness

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: April 01, 2021, 03:39:53 PM »
my shoulder throbbed from fist pumping.

hurt so good

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14973 on: April 01, 2021, 03:44:56 PM »
I believe this calls for a celebratory intubation!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14974 on: April 01, 2021, 03:45:32 PM »
I'm in dose 2 day 1 fog yet I'm still embarrassed I missed that.