Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1064873 times)

Skipper44 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #13500 on: January 16, 2021, 05:34:38 PM »
They are throwing chips out. Use them all

if you luck into an opportunity to receive a vaccine that would otherwise be discarded, by all means.  but going to your doctor and begging for a vaccine or otherwise pulling strings to skip ahead is not that.

For sure.  I'm 1000% confident I will be fine until they get to me.  I have no problem waiting until 2022.  The chip falls below feline aids and the worldwide helium shortage on my list of concerns.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13501 on: January 16, 2021, 05:53:03 PM »

if you luck into an opportunity to receive a vaccine that would otherwise be discarded, by all means.  but going to your doctor and begging for a vaccine or otherwise pulling strings to skip ahead is not that.

For sure.  I'm 1000% confident I will be fine until they get to me.  I have no problem waiting until 2022.  The chip falls below feline aids and the worldwide helium shortage on my list of concerns.

are you back to living life like you were a year ago today?  My lifestyle is 80% altered to just thumb my nose at losing another year.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13502 on: January 16, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »

are you back to living life like you were a year ago today?  My lifestyle is 80% altered to just thumb my nose at losing another year.

Biggest changes are what used to be pretty extensive travel and in person functions now being on Zoom.  My day to day is pretty close back.  Except I exercise more and there are less kids events (sports, bday parties, programs).

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13503 on: January 16, 2021, 06:12:02 PM »
I'm not about cheating any lines due to ethics and wanting higher risk people to get it first (and NBA players) but I'm chomping at the bit to get pricked.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13504 on: January 16, 2021, 06:26:06 PM »
I don't think the things I really want to do (concerts, big sporting events, travel, pickup hoops) will be feasible or very much fun until shitloads of people are jabbed so skipping ahead in line doesn't do much for me other than maybe making me travel for work some

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #13505 on: January 16, 2021, 06:34:50 PM »
I'm eligible for Phase 1C in Kentucky based on my industry being designated as essential. I'll wait until Phase 2 (40 years old +).

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13506 on: January 16, 2021, 06:40:03 PM »
I’ll let Johnson County determine my risk profile and if they think I’m worthy who am I to argue.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: January 16, 2021, 06:42:27 PM »
AZ is doing a better job here for rollout. So they have progressed faster so I may be chipped sooner if I stay longer.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: January 16, 2021, 07:34:08 PM »

https://twitter.com/PoliticoRyan/status/1350614580750385152

She says patients who've had COVID-19 symptoms show a severe chest X-ray every time, and those who were asymptomatic show a severe chest X-ray 70% to 80% of the time... There are still people who say 'I'm fine. I don't have any issues,' and you pull up their chest X-ray and they absolutely have a bad chest X-ray

I've obviously taken precautions so that I don't spread it, but I also don't want to catch it because I'm worried about chronic issues.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: January 16, 2021, 08:07:40 PM »
I'm just going to leisurely hang around chipping sites around close of business to see if they need to dispose of some.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13510 on: January 16, 2021, 08:11:59 PM »
I'm just going to leisurely hang around chipping sites around close of business to see if they need to dispose of some.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13511 on: January 16, 2021, 09:40:01 PM »
Measuring from the start of the year to each state’s point of maximum lockdown—which range from April 5 to April 18—it turns out that lockdowns correlated with a greater spread of the virus. States with longer, stricter lockdowns also had larger Covid outbreaks. The five places with the harshest lockdowns—the District of Columbia, New York, Michigan, New Jersey and Massachusetts—had the heaviest caseloads.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-failed-experiment-of-covid-lockdowns-11599000890

Places with heavy population density had heavy COVID caseloads, weird.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13512 on: January 16, 2021, 09:44:39 PM »
Measuring from the start of the year to each state’s point of maximum lockdown—which range from April 5 to April 18—it turns out that lockdowns correlated with a greater spread of the virus. States with longer, stricter lockdowns also had larger Covid outbreaks. The five places with the harshest lockdowns—the District of Columbia, New York, Michigan, New Jersey and Massachusetts—had the heaviest caseloads.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-failed-experiment-of-covid-lockdowns-11599000890

Is that article from September???

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: January 16, 2021, 09:50:05 PM »

Is that article from September???

I can't even read it because I don't have a wsj subscription, i doubt dax does either as the paragraph he quoted is the last paragraph you can read in the preview. I am curious as to how they address other states that implemented very early lockdowns like Washington, Oregon, Ohio, and Minnesota. Or if they tried to interpret what the data looks like if there weren't lockdowns implemented early. I'm sure I know the answers to both of these questions.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13515 on: January 16, 2021, 11:20:08 PM »
I'm getting first-hand anecdotes of people in these initial groups who get the vaccine physically fighting off chip installers.  Even a relatively successful nursing home mass installation had 2 people not get chips, one because he was already sick with regular old-person stuff and shouldn't get it that day and another who had their family there just now demanding data as to chip safety, side effects, etc. even though this was scheduled weeks ago.  More commonly, the residents of these homes are totally out-of-the-loop this will be happening because the homes have done no preparation, and it takes absurd amounts of time to go room to room just in hope to get a majority of the residents chip'd.

What I've gathered is that 'chips should be and always should've been split 50-50 or similar with one share going through this shitty process that's happening now, as inefficient as it is, to try to get as many of the most at risk people chip'd, and the other share going to commoners who are most enthusiastic and amenable to getting chip'd ASAP.  That combination of installs would be most effectively accomplishing the dual goals of trying to get the most at-risk chip'd and getting as high of a proportion of humans chip'd as fast as we can, the latter of which is necessary for any of the chips to truly accomplish the goal.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: January 16, 2021, 11:24:17 PM »
That combination of installs would be most effectively accomplishing the dual goals of trying to get the most at-risk chip'd and getting as high of a proportion of humans chip'd as fast as we can, the latter of which is necessary for any of the chips to truly accomplish the goal.

we've got the virus working overtime on the herd immunity goal, so all the vaccines can just go toward the death reduction goal and we'll still hit herd immunity in no time.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: January 16, 2021, 11:24:34 PM »
I'm getting first-hand anecdotes of people in these initial groups who get the vaccine physically fighting off chip installers.  Even a relatively successful nursing home mass installation had 2 people not get chips, one because he was already sick with regular old-person stuff and shouldn't get it that day and another who had their family there just now demanding data as to chip safety, side effects, etc. even though this was scheduled weeks ago.  More commonly, the residents of these homes are totally out-of-the-loop this will be happening because the homes have done no preparation, and it takes absurd amounts of time to go room to room just in hope to get a majority of the residents chip'd.

What I've gathered is that 'chips should be and always should've been split 50-50 or similar with one share going through this shitty process that's happening now, as inefficient as it is, to try to get as many of the most at risk people chip'd, and the other share going to commoners who are most enthusiastic and amenable to getting chip'd ASAP.  That combination of installs would be most effectively accomplishing the dual goals of trying to get the most at-risk chip'd and getting as high of a proportion of humans chip'd as fast as we can, the latter of which is necessary for any of the chips to truly accomplish the goal.
I agree with the 50/50 split

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: January 16, 2021, 11:36:05 PM »
That combination of installs would be most effectively accomplishing the dual goals of trying to get the most at-risk chip'd and getting as high of a proportion of humans chip'd as fast as we can, the latter of which is necessary for any of the chips to truly accomplish the goal.

we've got the virus working overtime on the herd immunity goal, so all the vaccines can just go toward the death reduction goal and we'll still hit herd immunity in no time.

Throw all the chips away and get to herd immunity fastest by having more people get COVID quicker and also reduce the denominator via COVID deaths?

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: January 16, 2021, 11:51:50 PM »
Sys considers every nursing home death to be a failure of our healthcare system I’m gathering.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13520 on: January 17, 2021, 01:07:51 AM »
Throw all the chips away and get to herd immunity fastest by having more people get COVID quicker and also reduce the denominator via COVID deaths?

i think we should try to reduce deaths, even at the cost of taking another day or two to hit the herd immunity threshold.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13521 on: January 17, 2021, 03:42:40 AM »
My 90+ grandparents in meadowlark get their second jab next week :surprised: I thought Kansas was in way worse shape than that, so I was impressed.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13522 on: January 17, 2021, 08:44:25 AM »
My 90+ grandparents in meadowlark get their second jab next week :surprised: I thought Kansas was in way worse shape than that, so I was impressed.

I don't think most of Kansas is in good shape  Meadowlark is a pretty nice place, and well connected, comparatively.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: January 17, 2021, 08:56:01 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: January 17, 2021, 09:11:04 AM »

I don't think most of Kansas is in good shape  Meadowlark is a pretty nice place, and well connected, comparatively.

I don't think the state (or any state) is very good at communicating how things are actually going. It took quite a while to get covid test reporting sorted out and it was largely driven by the independent covid tracking project.