Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1094536 times)

Cire and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10525 on: October 07, 2020, 08:56:17 AM »
Wasn’t this pretty obvious?

I've heard many times over general availability of a vaccine as this spring.  I do think Fauci tries to underpromise overdeliver which is fine.  I also know a lot of people's mindsets are "let's just get through 2020" like the calendar flip is going to fix this all and I think those people are in for a tough new years.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: October 07, 2020, 08:57:21 AM »

yeah, I think that has always been the timeline. high risk/front line medical workers winter 2020/2021. general public best case spring, worst case early 2022.

Takes too long.  No wonder Republicans hate science

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: October 07, 2020, 08:57:55 AM »

yeah, I think that has always been the timeline. high risk/front line medical workers winter 2020/2021. general public best case spring, worst case early 2022.

Getting those populations vaccinated could do a lot to getting is closer to more normal in itself.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: October 07, 2020, 08:59:03 AM »

I've heard many times over general availability of a vaccine as this spring.  I do think Fauci tries to underpromise overdeliver which is fine.  I also know a lot of people's mindsets are "let's just get through 2020" like the calendar flip is going to fix this all and I think those people are in for a tough new years.
I dunno, I haven’t followed as closely as of late, but I thought vaccine in the Spring was always an absolute best case scenario, outside of Trumps insane blathering about having it ready next week
:adios:

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: October 07, 2020, 09:02:57 AM »

I dunno, I haven’t followed as closely as of late, but I thought vaccine in the Spring was always an absolute best case scenario, outside of Trumps insane blathering about having it ready next week

This just came out this week as a Moderna setback which is saying spring
https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2020/10/01/moderna-vaccine-ready-for-public-spring

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10530 on: October 07, 2020, 09:05:56 AM »
It all goes away November 4th anyways I've been told but only if we vote Biden in.  So you know, fate of COVID19 is in your hands (thanks SD for voting to get rid of it 11/4 already)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: October 07, 2020, 09:13:53 AM »
CoronaBro Nation is getting very pissy about that fact that the EU is once again a RONA mess, and is also awaiting the numbers of what will likely be another series of economic doom and gloom from the 3rd quarter for the majority of EU/UK.   

In the mean time.  The Fed's Real Time weighted GDP charts show a high level of positivity and individual verticals in the  US such as the restaurant sector are showing substantial rebounds.

Game plan:  More doom and gloom and melting down over every little thing until Joe "4 or 5 hours a day" Biden gets elected

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: October 07, 2020, 09:15:53 AM »
Reading that Phil, my understanding is that it came out as a “setback” in terms of PR, but I doesn’t seem like actually changed as far as what was a reasonable expectation.  They didn’t find something wrong that pushed things back by 3 months.
:adios:

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: October 07, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »
Reading that Phil, my understanding is that it came out as a “setback” in terms of PR, but I doesn’t seem like actually changed as far as what was a reasonable expectation.  They didn’t find something wrong that pushed things back by 3 months.

Agreed it was more PR but there have been multiple companies announcing millions of doses will be ready for the US by EOY.  Fauci's extension to "end of 2021" is still quite a distance from Moderna saying general availability in spring.

Lots of unknowns still obviously, kind of like Kim said earlier, kind of seems like a shitshow with so many mixed messages coming out.  Of course take the POTUS messages out and it's a bit more consistent.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: October 07, 2020, 09:29:25 AM »
I think the end of next year sounds like a reasonable expectation.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: October 07, 2020, 09:39:52 AM »
I think the end of next year sounds like a reasonable expectation.

I need more sunshine pumping than that.  I'm not ready to accept 2021 is cancelled.  I'm not even sure what "return to normal" means anyways? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: October 07, 2020, 09:40:28 AM »
We are going to be hearing about the deep state in the FDA keeping our vaccine away from us next month.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313647605134614529

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: October 07, 2020, 09:42:15 AM »
Ironically it's his idiot cult followers that say they won't take it anyways.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: October 07, 2020, 10:23:08 AM »
Ironically it's his idiot cult followers that say they won't take it anyways.

Same idiotic tactic of not wanting to do any stimulus prior to the election, simply because he said so.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: October 07, 2020, 10:59:37 AM »
I’m pretty sure they’re already manufacturing the big 3 vaccines that have phase 3 trials underway (they’ve been underway for months).  So conceivably we could start rolling them out in early 2021. They can’t be shipped until they’ve received fda authorization.  Of course there’s a chance all 3 are found to be ineffective, that would really eff things up.  If any of them are extremely effective they’ll end phase 3 early and go for approval.

I think overall I’m just shocked at how slow the phase 3 enrollments have been given the overall impact this has had on the world and am voicing that frustration on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:05:42 AM by kim carnes »

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: October 07, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »
I’m pretty sure they’re already manufacturing the big 3 vaccines that have phase 3 trials underway (they’ve been underway for months).  So conceivably we could start rolling them out in early 2021. They can’t be shipped until they’ve received fda authorization.  Of course there’s a chance all 3 are found to be ineffective, that would really eff things up.  If any of them are extremely effective they’ll end phase 3 early and go for approval.

I think overall I’m just shocked at how slow the phase 3 enrollments have been given the overall impact this has had on the world and am voicing that frustration on this forum.
I think they can be shipped regionally to get them prepositioned for fast delivery once FDA approval is given. There was talk of UPS setting up regional super fridges everywhere a month or two ago for this.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: October 07, 2020, 11:38:32 AM »

I think I read the problems with phase 3 enrollment was getting URM's to participate.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: October 07, 2020, 12:15:03 PM »

I think I read the problems with phase 3 enrollment was getting URM's to participate.

that has been the pause for a couple of them

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: October 07, 2020, 12:16:26 PM »

I think they can be shipped regionally to get them prepositioned for fast delivery once FDA approval is given. There was talk of UPS setting up regional super fridges everywhere a month or two ago for this.

yeah, listened to a podcast about that the other day. if you own large refrigerated warehouse space (has to get super cold, not just kinda frozen) you are sitting on a goldmine.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: October 07, 2020, 01:22:39 PM »

that has been the pause for a couple of them

Yes, and that is frustrating

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10545 on: October 07, 2020, 01:27:50 PM »

yeah, listened to a podcast about that the other day. if you own large refrigerated warehouse space (has to get super cold, not just kinda frozen) you are sitting on a goldmine.

canco cold storage is pretty great right now

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: October 07, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
Like, if u really want to save lives, shouldn’t there be a grassroots campaign among public figures encouraging URMs to get enrolled or something??

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: October 07, 2020, 01:32:08 PM »
Like, if u really want to save lives, shouldn’t there be a grassroots campaign among public figures encouraging URMs to get enrolled or something??
Yes, there is. They mumped up by not doing it out the gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: October 07, 2020, 01:36:05 PM »
Can a maga explain to me how you can me anti-covid vax/bill gates but then be mad because the FDA is supposedly slow rolling this?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: October 07, 2020, 03:09:44 PM »
Remember, COVID only kills those who were on their last legs, anyhoo. Don't let in dominate your life:

https://nypost.com/2020/10/07/doctor-who-died-from-covid-19-wore-same-mask-for-weeks-if-not-months/

Also, per Drudge, Chris Christie is still in the hospital. Condition unknown.