Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050320 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10200 on: September 29, 2020, 07:25:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/elizashapiro/status/1310955797120266242

It's crazy how different these things are around the country. Iowa schools don't close until the positivity rate in the community is over 15%, and even then schools can, and sometimes do, choose to remain open.
What is the number of tests per thousand of each? NYC seems to be testing much more of the population than everywhere else.

MO even said they have more testing capacity but not enough are coming in to get tested

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: September 30, 2020, 09:30:34 AM »
Testing anecdote: I am about at the point where I need to take a trip for work and was talking to a friend who traveled and got tested and said he could make a test appointment online at a community clinics for three days after he got back and had his results in less than 24 hours.

Also if I travel since I'm a client I'm going ask the people I'm visiting to wear masks and tell them I won't go to indoor restaurants and I'm not going to travel with someone and share a car. Going to book window seats (hopefully with no middle) and I'm looking at cases where I'm going and I think it'll be fine.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: September 30, 2020, 01:47:49 PM »
We have a KC wedding.  Masks required but I'm still really unnerved about going.  My daughters were asked to be flower girls and we are very close with the bride and groom.

No idea how large, bride and groom are young but not huge partiers, well educated and politically pretty lib.  Catholic Dems

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: September 30, 2020, 01:48:17 PM »
We have a KC wedding.  Masks required but I'm still really unnerved about going.  My daughters were asked to be flower girls and we are very close with the bride and groom.

No idea how large, bride and groom are young but not huge partiers, well educated and politically pretty lib.  Catholic Dems

so in a CHURCH? no thanks

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: September 30, 2020, 01:53:10 PM »
Testing anecdote: I am about at the point where I need to take a trip for work and was talking to a friend who traveled and got tested and said he could make a test appointment online at a community clinics for three days after he got back and had his results in less than 24 hours.

Also if I travel since I'm a client I'm going ask the people I'm visiting to wear masks and tell them I won't go to indoor restaurants and I'm not going to travel with someone and share a car. Going to book window seats (hopefully with no middle) and I'm looking at cases where I'm going and I think it'll be fine.

I haven't flown since March which is my longest stretch since college probably. I'm flying soon as well but just domestic and am going to fly southwest so no middles. I've talked to people in my company who have continued flying weekly throughout this and they've made me comfortable for the flight/airport/hotel.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: September 30, 2020, 01:56:08 PM »

I haven't flown since March which is my longest stretch since college probably. I'm flying soon as well but just domestic and am going to fly southwest so no middles. I've talked to people in my company who have continued flying weekly throughout this and they've made me comfortable for the flight/airport/hotel.

I was thinking of SW but really like United economy plus and not sure how big a difference it makes TBH. also wild your company's continued to have people fly weekly throughout this

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: September 30, 2020, 01:58:53 PM »
Covid flying pro-tip: the flight was the longest I've continually worn a mask and the straps really started to irritate my ears. If I need to fly again I'm going to get one of those neck gaitor things
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: September 30, 2020, 02:03:21 PM »
Bro-in-law fam wants us to go on a cruise with them in December. 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10209 on: September 30, 2020, 02:05:53 PM »
Bro-in-law fam wants us to go on a cruise with them in December.
Well good news! The White House is overriding the CDC on the no sail order extension!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: September 30, 2020, 02:09:22 PM »

I was thinking of SW but really like United economy plus and not sure how big a difference it makes TBH. also wild your company's continued to have people fly weekly throughout this

We aren’t making anyone fly. But some of our people do anyway because nobody is stopping them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: September 30, 2020, 02:40:57 PM »

Are you worried about the flight?  If you wear an N95 and face shield on the flight the odds of you getting covid are effectively zero.  There near zero even without an n95.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: September 30, 2020, 02:51:34 PM »
On that topic where can I get some N95s? I can’t find any.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: September 30, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »
Covid flying pro-tip: the flight was the longest I've continually worn a mask and the straps really started to irritate my ears. If I need to fly again I'm going to get one of those neck gaitor things
Those things have been shown to be worthless and I don't think many airlines even count them as their approved face coverings.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: September 30, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »

Are you worried about the flight?  If you wear an N95 and face shield on the flight the odds of you getting covid are effectively zero.  There near zero even without an n95.

not really worried about the flight based on those studies that came out a week or two ago. There's lots of airflow on them. I'm more worried about a poorly ventilated conference room full of unmasked people or a crowded restaurant or sharing a car.

I have a KN-95 stash

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10215 on: September 30, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »
I think those are garbage though, right?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: September 30, 2020, 03:45:47 PM »

slim to none chance.. sucks also because been doing some stuff at our house that really need that type of mask and none of the hardware stores have them either

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: September 30, 2020, 04:10:25 PM »
I think those are garbage though, right?

I think some are, some aren't

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: September 30, 2020, 07:39:51 PM »

anyone know if/where rapid tests are available on a "i want a test" basis, not based on possible exposure?

i'm starting to think ahead for if/how we can visit my father for christmas.  i'd like it if we could test everyone who'd be there on or immediately prior to arrival.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: September 30, 2020, 08:50:03 PM »

anyone know if/where rapid tests are available on a "i want a test" basis, not based on possible exposure?

i'm starting to think ahead for if/how we can visit my father for christmas.  i'd like it if we could test everyone who'd be there on or immediately prior to arrival.

my friend used this:

https://www.color.com/community-test-sites

and looking at it he probably should have went through his insurance because this is totally free and in high demand but there might be something similar in Fresno. I know urgent cares were common when I looked at it in July. I've also heard of mail in kits.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: September 30, 2020, 09:27:40 PM »
Looks like my insurance roll let you do mail in testing for free but probably difficult to time correctly

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: September 30, 2020, 09:29:37 PM »
Looks like my insurance roll let you do mail in testing for free but probably difficult to time correctly
Yeah the timing has my big hangup.

It's ridiculous we can't all get tested and results quickly by now. Inexcusable.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: September 30, 2020, 09:35:50 PM »

It's ridiculous we can't all get tested and results quickly by now. Inexcusable.
IMO test capacity is pretty incredible we just didn't do enough outside of the testing

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: September 30, 2020, 09:38:58 PM »

IMO test capacity is pretty incredible we just didn't do enough outside of the testing
It doesn't seem incredible when it takes days to get results and I have to say I have symptoms to get a test. It takes weeks to get into the KC health department tests.

By now I expected more.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: September 30, 2020, 09:44:56 PM »
Cross the state line. They can do it in a day. Hope you’re ok.