Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050660 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #9950 on: September 15, 2020, 07:44:30 AM »
I guess I get what this St. Louis station is saying about state of MO positivity rate being partially driven by people's demand to get tested at this point but seems if that is the case we should be moving to surveillance testing across the population to get a truer picture of active cases.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-numbers/missouris-covid-19-positivity-rate/63-5de4bbf5-442f-44b1-9444-ab8924ecfaae

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: September 15, 2020, 08:12:23 AM »
First off, I wonder if Bloomberg is one of the for profit news outlets that Bill and Melinda have bought favorable coverage from . . . but I digress. 

Bill Gates:  Anti Vaxer . . . don't trust Fauci or Birx or anybody with the government, either.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-15/bill-gates-wonders-whether-fda-can-be-trusted-on-a-covid-vaccine

Bill Alex Jones Gates . . .  :jeffy: :jeffy: :jeffy:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: September 15, 2020, 09:59:34 AM »
lamfao, freak

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: September 15, 2020, 10:11:11 AM »
I guess I get what this St. Louis station is saying about state of MO positivity rate being partially driven by people's demand to get tested at this point but seems if that is the case we should be moving to surveillance testing across the population to get a truer picture of active cases.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-numbers/missouris-covid-19-positivity-rate/63-5de4bbf5-442f-44b1-9444-ab8924ecfaae

if the positivity rate is still around 10% you are nowhere near surveillance testing

In California (where things are probably overdone to be sure) counties basically can't open anything at all unless test positivity is under 8%

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: September 15, 2020, 10:25:22 AM »

if the positivity rate is still around 10% you are nowhere near surveillance testing

In California (where things are probably overdone to be sure) counties basically can't open anything at all unless test positivity is under 8%
Totally.  My point is if we have excess testing capacity available as they allude to, MO should move forward from just waiting for people to self select themselves for testing to more surveillance testing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: September 15, 2020, 10:44:59 AM »

Totally.  My point is if we have excess testing capacity available as they allude to, MO should move forward from just waiting for people to self select themselves for testing to more surveillance testing.

yeah and if your positivity rate is around 10% you should probably reserve capacity for an almost inevitable outbreak

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: September 15, 2020, 11:03:48 AM »

yeah and if your positivity rate is around 10% you should probably reserve capacity for an almost inevitable outbreak

The state has been over 10% since late July.  KS middle July.  That was kind of the point of this story, they could run around and administer enough tests to get it below 10% but people aren't coming in to get tested. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: September 15, 2020, 11:59:15 AM »
lamfao, freak
Ignore Fauci, Birx and all government doctors, SlowDug.  AntiVaxer Bill Gates said so. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: September 15, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
Is trying to paint gates as an anti vax guy some new incel talking point?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: September 15, 2020, 12:55:17 PM »
Is trying to paint gates as an anti vax guy some new incel talking point?
There’s the low IQ response I anticipated. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9960 on: September 15, 2020, 01:35:48 PM »
apparently the incels now want to believe Fauci totally and think Gates is anti vax.

What a twist for these flabby shut ins.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: September 15, 2020, 05:57:23 PM »
Now over 200,000 COVID deaths in the US.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: September 15, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »
apparently the incels now want to believe Fauci totally and think Gates is anti vax.

What a twist for these flabby shut ins.
Low IQ, never gets it tap out:  7/7

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: September 16, 2020, 07:36:37 AM »
UK reverting to only testing the most ill as labs are bogged down.

London faces lockdowns

India buys 100m Sputnik doses and tops 5m cases with a 1.6% reported mortality rate, likely under reported. 

China inoculating front line workers with a home grown vaccine.   

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: September 16, 2020, 11:36:30 AM »
This is the timeline I've been hoping for.

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1306257418779852801

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: September 16, 2020, 11:39:27 AM »
 :billdance:

Thank you nerds!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: September 16, 2020, 11:39:44 AM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: September 16, 2020, 11:42:13 AM »
This is the timeline I've been hoping for.

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1306257418779852801

I expect it earlier.

Well, don't.

Well I WILL.  I don't think a widespread vaccine is required for a sense of normalcy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: September 16, 2020, 11:43:28 AM »
I feel like half the country is acting like there isn't a pandemic already

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: September 16, 2020, 11:46:11 AM »
also I don't trust timelines from the head of the CDC (which is sad). Probably will be even later.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: September 16, 2020, 11:47:36 AM »
I mean, sure, if you think being "back to normal" is going out to eat all the time and going shopping without a mask, you can easily do that now. If it's going to packed sporting events, traveling outside the country, meeting people face to face for any sort of work-related activity, or anything else that involves lots of other people, things aren't going to be normal before next fall at the earliest.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: September 16, 2020, 11:57:53 AM »
I mean, sure, if you think being "back to normal" is going out to eat all the time and going shopping without a mask, you can easily do that now. If it's going to packed sporting events, traveling outside the country, meeting people face to face for any sort of work-related activity, or anything else that involves lots of other people, things aren't going to be normal before next fall at the earliest.

For sure I'm hopeful full sporting events / concerts will normal by 3Q21.  Normal in person work activities, maybe not conferences, will be earlier if I had to guess.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: September 16, 2020, 12:33:47 PM »

I've seen quite a few people taking vacations in Mexico and traveling on work trips. FSU looked pretty crowded too. But I see your point, most competent governments won't let us in any time soon.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: September 16, 2020, 12:34:26 PM »
Don't trust government scientists (cRusty and Bill Gates . . . subject to change based on political considerations)