Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1067036 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #9275 on: August 11, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »
lmao dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: August 11, 2020, 12:24:34 PM »
lmao dax

Translation:  I'm completely clueless

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: August 11, 2020, 12:26:30 PM »
Had a chance for a great baseline for SARS/MERS vaccine, wouldn't invest any money in it.

But the Obama administration left a great marketing cut sheet on what to do during a pandemic, several nice looking pages of bullet points, and Tony Fauci financed gain of function/control research in Wuhan, China

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: August 11, 2020, 12:29:12 PM »
I'm looking forward to the  :jeffy: :jeffy: if the Russian vaccine is actually effective.

Right now Western scientists are talking all kinds $hit on it, but the Russians said they've been working on vaccines in the same family for two decades, they said they didn't have to start from scratch.

Which reminds me of this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/scientists-were-close-coronavirus-vaccine-years-ago-then-money-dried-n1150091

SMDH

Thanks comrade for the clarification.  I'll ignore all the experts.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: August 11, 2020, 12:33:02 PM »
I know nothing about chip-making.  Will it be difficult for america's motivated bright people to get a russian chip and reverse engineer it to know what's in it and if anything's problematic and also use any good info obtained to improve american (especially the EMAW) chips?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: August 11, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »
I'm looking forward to the  :jeffy: :jeffy: if the Russian vaccine is actually effective.

Right now Western scientists are talking all kinds $hit on it, but the Russians said they've been working on vaccines in the same family for two decades, they said they didn't have to start from scratch.

Which reminds me of this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/scientists-were-close-coronavirus-vaccine-years-ago-then-money-dried-n1150091

SMDH

Thanks comrade for the clarification.  I'll ignore all the experts.

LOL, knowing you, you've done nothing but read the headlines.

Plus, I didn't say it would work, but you understanding that would require a modicum of reading comprehension which you lack entirely.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: August 11, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »
Grandma Killers must be protected (future Pres run)

https://apnews.com/212ccd87924b6906053703a00514647f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: August 11, 2020, 01:17:41 PM »
If the russinas can get it to work, good for them.  They are one of the most worthless countries on the planet so about time they contributed something besides bald people.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: August 11, 2020, 01:24:36 PM »
There's one smart person at WaPo

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1292890710702784518?s=20

Interesting thread on the ridiculous NBC (conflicted) puff piece on the Wuhan Lab.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: August 11, 2020, 01:35:18 PM »
I'd do both, but I am a genius.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9285 on: August 11, 2020, 02:06:42 PM »
I'm not sure that bats at wet markets actually pose a greater risk of transmitting new diseases to humans than the large scale animal agriculture we practice over here does. It would be interesting to see some research on that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: August 11, 2020, 02:15:39 PM »
I'm not sure that bats at wet markets actually pose a greater risk of transmitting new diseases to humans than the large scale animal agriculture we practice over here does. It would be interesting to see some research on that.

I am sure because science.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: August 11, 2020, 02:37:22 PM »
I'm not an expert, i'm only a former cfb journalist, but I don't think our beef/poultry/pork industries carry the same risks that a wet market does (assuming the wet market sells wild animals for consumption).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: August 11, 2020, 02:40:42 PM »
I'm not an expert, i'm only a former cfb journalist, but I don't think our beef/poultry/pork industries carry the same risks that a wet market does (assuming the wet market sells wild animals for consumption).

They sell a variety of wild animals, most of them alive.  Anyone who supports them is a savage.

They also do stuff like this:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 02:45:47 PM by kim carnes »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: August 11, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/12/191219122521.htm

The findings provide strong evidence that beside humans, domestic animals comprise the central links in networks of mammalian host-virus interactions, because they share viruses with many other species and provide the pathways for future virus spread. They also carry the largest proportions of viruses known to be shared by humans and animals.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #9290 on: August 11, 2020, 02:41:37 PM »
https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/2020/6/28/secondwave

My apologies for posting this idiot.  He hasn't updated his predictions since 7/29

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: August 11, 2020, 02:42:49 PM »

The findings provide strong evidence that beside humans, domestic animals comprise the central links in networks of mammalian host-virus interactions, because they share viruses with many other species and provide the pathways for future virus spread. They also carry the largest proportions of viruses known to be shared by humans and animals.

Name last one started here in US

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: August 11, 2020, 02:46:11 PM »

H1N1 originated from pigs in Mexico. Not the US, but we do raise pigs here.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: August 11, 2020, 02:52:44 PM »

ok now do US

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: August 11, 2020, 02:55:01 PM »

We have bats here too.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: August 11, 2020, 02:55:15 PM »

ok now do US

Why? Are Mexico's pig farms larger or more confined than ours?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: August 11, 2020, 02:56:26 PM »
Your premise that bats being sold and consumed in a wet market is safer than our ag biz is going to be a tough one to back.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: August 11, 2020, 02:59:36 PM »

ok now do US

Why? Are Mexico's pig farms larger or more confined than ours?
For one thing, when swine flu is discovered in a herd (?), it's a little easier to quarantine the infected animals than it is to quarantine wild bats.  Again, I'm not a scientist, but that seems to me to be pretty significant distinction.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: August 11, 2020, 03:08:49 PM »
Your premise that bats being sold and consumed in a wet market is safer than our ag biz is going to be a tough one to back.

Oh, well good thing that's not my premise then.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: August 11, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »
2 year old tested positive from my nieces daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk