Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1065737 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #8400 on: July 10, 2020, 07:58:41 AM »
So who will be the next state going HAM with this thing?  Seems to me nothing is going to stop each state from just doing the same thing Texas, Florida, Arizona are doing right now?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: July 10, 2020, 08:50:26 AM »
What's the combined population of the areas with no mandate?

about to be a bit less...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: July 10, 2020, 09:38:21 AM »
AL Mortality Rate:  2%

Hospitalization rate since 3/13 6.2%

ICU required 1.7%

Intubation 1/100%

Current Hospitalizations:  1,113  7% of total staffed beds

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: July 10, 2020, 09:54:30 AM »
Apparently the Chinese treat whistle blowers almost as bad as the Obama Administration did . . . but I digress.   

Interesting story and Rona Related.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-virologist-coronavirus-cover-up-flee-hong-kong-whistleblower

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: July 10, 2020, 10:33:45 AM »
dax being an old boomer who is insane about obama aside, I agree.  China can absolutely eat our ass.  I kind of want trump to win the election so he can cancel our debt to them.

It is a shame trump has the intellect of a 4 year old and is relying on white nationalists and the morbidly obese to win.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: July 10, 2020, 10:48:47 AM »
dax being an old boomer who is insane about obama aside, I agree.  China can absolutely eat our ass.  I kind of want trump to win the election so he can cancel our debt to them.

It is a shame trump has the intellect of a 4 year old and is relying on white nationalists and the morbidly obese to win.

You can thank mentally deficient ChiCom Joe Biden and his clinking champagne toasts with Xi for an ascendant, emboldened and above world decorum China, Slow Dug (and the previous administration and then the previous administration before that).

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: July 10, 2020, 10:52:53 AM »
potential good news/HVAC nerding out xpost...U of H researchers seem to think they've developed an air filter that can kill like 99.8% of the rona in one pass. Would be interested to see more of the science behind it, but seems promising. My guess is that the first step to safely returning to work is going to be having portable units like these (or any other technology that can be proven effective at killing rona) and just have these bad boys spaced every 400-500 square feet or so depending on how densely occupied the space is, so that it is just constantly cleaning the air.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/uh-researchers-develop-coronavirus-killing-air-filter/285-d0783dd4-d32e-4c82-9bd7-a5153cb1a9cc

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: July 10, 2020, 11:03:47 AM »
sounds good for work that requires being in a building with other people. people aren't returning to offices in large numbers though. ever.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: July 10, 2020, 11:30:01 AM »
sounds good for work that requires being in a building with other people. people aren't returning to offices in large numbers though. ever.

:ROFL:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: July 10, 2020, 11:33:55 AM »

You think this is preposterous? Discussions are being had in board rooms everywhere at this very moment about reducing commercial real estate footprints and subleasing portions of long-term leases.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: July 10, 2020, 11:36:26 AM »
yeah i think it's pretty likely commercially real estate could be pretty fukt by this. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: July 10, 2020, 11:37:50 AM »

You think this is preposterous? Discussions are being had in board rooms everywhere at this very moment about reducing commercial real estate footprints and subleasing portions of long-term leases.

Yes I do think it's preposterous to think nobody will be going back to offices in large numbers.  I am well aware of current discussions.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: July 10, 2020, 11:37:51 AM »
Never returning “in large numbers” is preposterous. But yeah it will take time, and tons of offices will be smaller when they fully reopen.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: July 10, 2020, 11:38:37 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: July 10, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »
We all agree great idea, but nobody will fund it.  Cool.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-07-10/injection-prevent-coronavirus-feds-manufacturers-fail-to-act

Nobody wanted to fund the MERS (I think it was MERS) vaccine sitting in a freezer in Austin, TX

I wonder why.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8415 on: July 10, 2020, 11:44:41 AM »
What's your guess dax?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: July 10, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
yeah i think it's pretty likely commercially real estate could be pretty fukt by this.

Get used to the skylines you have now.  I bet Waddell & Reed is going to knock a few floors off their new boo

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: July 10, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »
What's your guess dax?

Reportedly Fauci and NIH wouldn't fund it.

Also a bit dubious that the company Fauci just threw $1.6 billion at is reportedly skipping animal trials.

SciBro walked me through some of the kleptocracy in the government scientist research community (and outright stealing) awhile back.   It's pretty weird.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: July 10, 2020, 11:53:16 AM »
https://twitter.com/darakass/status/1281384792815280128

I'm super tired of smart people having to throw shade at our dear leader to get the truth out to the public.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: July 10, 2020, 11:55:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/darakass/status/1281384792815280128

I'm super tired of smart people having to throw shade at our dear leader to get the truth out to the public.

It's also super tiring to see people constantly point to the infection rate of one group of tests and then automatically apply that % to the greater population as a whole.    Beyond stupid.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: July 10, 2020, 11:59:14 AM »
The whole argument is dumb.  Mathematically, more testing will result in more reported cases (assuming the prior amount of testing wasn't catching all cases).  That really shouldn't be debated. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: July 10, 2020, 11:59:14 AM »
It was going to happen one way or the other but Covid has accelerated it by about 20 years. The cost savings is too big to give back and the forced adoption of virtual technology has made it pointless to try in a lot of industries. I work for a pretty jumbo global outfit and I think we will be closing all regional offices for good once the leases expire. And those leases are being negotiated out of as we speak so maybe sooner. Sure, there will be some industries that still have to be in the offices, but there are a lot that thought they did before Covid and have quickly realized they don’t. On a related topic business travel will never reach pre-Covid levels. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: July 10, 2020, 12:00:25 PM »
It was going to happen one way or the other but Covid has accelerated it by about 20 years. The cost savings is too big to give back and the forced adoption of virtual technology has made it pointless to try in a lot of industries. I work for a pretty jumbo global outfit and I think we will be closing all regional offices for good once the leases expire. And those leases are being negotiated out of as we speak so maybe sooner. Sure, there will be some industries that still have to be in the offices, but there are a lot that thought they did before Covid and have quickly realized they don’t. On a related topic business travel will never reach pre-Covid levels. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.